Sign in to follow this  
gboz

REX TD Enhanced nearly here

Guys I'd like some advice here. I had RexEssentials plusoverdrive for P3Dv1-3. But I bought ActiveSky2016 and replaced it then I upgraded to ActiveSkyfor P3Dv4 plus ASCA. With the release of Rex4Enhanced Addition does anyone have an opinion whether the latter is better than ASCA plus ASKv4? And I don't like Envtex in terms of their clouds either. I'm wondering if I should go back to this new enhanced version of Rex.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Decided to pull the trigger on this one.  Been and avid supporter for years.  If the clouds don't pan out I can install Soft Clouds but the pics on the website looks really good.

Also I don't even care if I got a previous owner rebate since it was only 20US

Cheers

bs

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

13 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Decided to pull the trigger on this one.  Been and avid supporter for years.  If the clouds don't pan out I can install Soft Clouds but the pics on the website looks really good.

Also I don't even care if I got a previous owner rebate since it was only 20US

Cheers

bs

I'm quite disappointed with TD Enhanced low level clouds.
Thought they might of improved over previous version but they still look like bad oil paintings.
Luckily as you say REX soft clouds look really good combined with the TD high level stuff.

I'm also seeing some weird interference / herringbone patterning on ocean water.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I installed yesterday after coming back from vacation, the low level clouds are not good but everything else is definitely enhanced. The dusk and dawn look amazing, the low level clouds was a easy fix though because I also have soft clouds which I installed separately any way.

I think it is a worth purchase with the Soft Clouds for low level.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

ITS HERE... REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds - Enhanced Edition (UPDATE ONLY) has been released:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45532-rex-4-texture-direct-wsoft-clouds-enhanced-edition-upgrade/

STILL COMING:

1.) The full version of REX 4 TDSC - Enhanced Edition will not be available in the REX Store or other vendors until Tuesday.

2.) Soft Cloud integration into REX 4 TDSC with Enhanced Edition will not be available until Tuesday.

3.) WX Advantage Radar is going into beta testing Monday.

• Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

20 minutes ago, rstough said:

ITS HERE... REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds - Enhanced Edition (UPDATE ONLY) has been released:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45532-rex-4-texture-direct-wsoft-clouds-enhanced-edition-upgrade/

STILL COMING:

1.) The full version of REX 4 TDSC - Enhanced Edition will not be available in the REX Store or other vendors until Tuesday.

2.) Soft Cloud integration into REX 4 TDSC with Enhanced Edition will not be available until Tuesday.

3.) WX Advantage Radar is going into beta testing Monday.

Thank you

For previous version we had a patch to merge Soft Clouds with REX 4, will it be possible?

1 hour ago, mdavenport said:

Hi all,

I am running AS16, ASCA REX TD Enhanced Edition & Soft clouds.  When I installed ASCA I disabled "Low-Cloud" in REX to allow the ASCA to work.  High-Cloud was left enabled in REX.

Couple of questions:-

1. If I were to want to use REX clouds, do I simply unload ASCA (after it auto loads when starting AS16), ensuring the High and Low Clouds are ticked and theme installed in REX?

2. If I want to continue to use ASCA but use REX for everything else apart from clouds, do I simply keep Low-Level clouds unticked in REX?  What about High Level clouds?

Hope you can help advise me as you seem to be doing ok switching between the two products for testing..

Thanks

Mark

REX TD all it does is install the textures and selected clouds. Open UI install textures you want. You are done!

ASCA is where you decide what mode you want to use and if you want textures & clouds installed by ASCA manually or during a flight.

In the ASCA's settings choose what you want ASCA to install. Sky colors, cloud textures, cirrus, & cloud structures.

There are 3 MODES:

In theme mode (such as refreshing) you can install the theme. This is for users who do not have REX or prefer certain clouds or sky colors from ASCA.

In Global Mode ASCA will change the sky colors but the clouds remain the same during the flight.

In Full Dynamics ASCA will install textures & clouds during the flight.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

In Global Mode ASCA will change the sky colors but the clouds remain the same during the flight.

Just to clarify - the cloud SET remains the same but the clouds themselves do change, using selections from within that set. Don't want to leave the impression that you are stuck with the same never changing clouds.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

28 minutes ago, mdavenport said:

If ASCA can dynamically update the textures for cloud and sky as the time/environment changes and REX can't, why would you fly with REX textures and not ASCA?

Sorry if I am missing something..

Well if you are one of those who prefer the REX textures over ASCA's, it's your option.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors