Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

QOTSII Weights // PFPX // TOPCAT

Recommended Posts

I just installed Windows 10 and in the process reinstalled FSX and all the associated programs. I'm in the process of setting several liver profiles in PFPX and TOPCAT for the QOTSII. Out of curiosity, are the current weights in PFPX and TOPCAT accurate to the QOTSII model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

From my experience with the default 747-400 pax variants in the PFPX profiles, they provide close, but not exact calculations, while the profile in PFPX for the PMDG-specific 737NG and 77L & 77F are very accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you make a template for any aircraft in PFPX its best to open the aircraft.cfg file and look at the weights assigned to each variant.  Just to be sure PFPX is planning inside the confines of the design of the developer.  I could give you a weight from my companies book but that doesn't necessarily mean it aligns with what PMDG has assigned necessarily.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it down today, everything between the aircraft.cfg, PFPX, and TOPCAT are within 1lb of each other. The only problem I ran into is when I edit the 747-400F template, PFPX only opts for the P&W engines, however TOPCAT allows for anyone of the three engines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, davidzill said:

The only problem I ran into is when I edit the 747-400F template, PFPX only opts for the P&W engines

You have not yet figured out how the aircraft files work for PFPX.  Each engine variant is a separate template.  I think it best to set up each tail number (registration number) with weights because, especially in the 744, there are many variations of the 744.  For example, the B747-400ER is also a B744.  I recommend the aircraft data files Brian provided a link for... they are better than anything else out there that is free.  Then set up each tail number as desired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

Try one of these profiles for PFPX.  Think they are the ones I'm utilizing works prettt accurately.  Might need to adjust the Bias a bit or atleast throw an extra 15min of burn on the plan until you get used to how the profile works.

http://airlinerperformance.net/aircraft-types/

Fantastic, thanks for sharing the link. My weights are accurate, using a correct profile for the PW variant I found in the PFPX forum at Aerosoft but the fuel burn is always 3 to 4 tons less than predicted. And yes I have the aloft winds from PFPX and Activesky synced. The profiles for the 777 are less than a 1 ton difference (usually within 1k lbs). Will try these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure that your PFPX weather source is the same as the simulator for the same time period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

Try one of these profiles for PFPX.  Think they are the ones I'm utilizing works prettt accurately.  Might need to adjust the Bias a bit or atleast throw an extra 15min of burn on the plan until you get used to how the profile works.

http://airlinerperformance.net/aircraft-types/

Thanks for adding this link. Not entirely related to the 747, but with the PMDG 737-700W, the updated aircraft file has the correct engine (CFM56-7B24/26). TOPCAT's aircraft file has the CFM56-7B22 engine (Used in the -600). Will this be an issue with flight planning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, downscc said:

You have not yet figured out how the aircraft files work for PFPX.  Each engine variant is a separate template.  I think it best to set up each tail number (registration number) with weights because, especially in the 744, there are many variations of the 744.  For example, the B747-400ER is also a B744.  I recommend the aircraft data files Brian provided a link for... they are better than anything else out there that is free.  Then set up each tail number as desired.

That's what I was doing, one at a time for each individual livery I have installed. However, when adding the aircraft via 'Add aircraft' and "Add aircraft from template,' the 747-400F variant has only one engine option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this