Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Teaser: Are you Prepar3d twice for Reality XP Garmin?

Hi,

Last time I've unveiled a number of details about our upcoming Garmin GNS V2 and GTN Touch for FS9, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D1, P3D2, P3D3, and P3D4, in 64/32 bits (what I usually call FS-SEX3D). 

I've also hinted further down the discussion about how the user experience is paramount to the total experience of a Reality XP product. 

Today, I'm pleased to illustrate our vision about aircraft panel configuration and what is to become your first-hand experience with our product. We want you to feel confortable from the get go.

Obviously I know the most advanced users among you will feel at-home opening the panel.cfg file in notepad, nevertheless, there are times you just want to click-click-fly and there is no better way that leaving this task to the hand of your Reality XP assistant!

First things first: there is no longer a separate programs to run, nor a simulator to close prior changing your aircraft panel. Your key entry to the assistant is this entry in the add-ons menu*.

Right from the loaded aircraft cockpit, just select the menu to open the assistant:

p3d_config1.jpg

This opens a task-oriented assistant presenting contextual options:

p3d_config2.png

The next step usually consists in choosing what to do next:

p3d_config5.png

Finally, the assistant reviews the proposed changes before you 'Accept':

p3d_config6.png

When you click Accept, it saves the changes to your aircraft panel.cfg file, and automatically reloads your aircraft, ready to fly with your brand new Reality XP GNS V2 and Reality XP GTN Touch!

I thank you all for the warm welcome and support! 

* with FS9, the menu appears in the popup menu when you right-click a window. 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello Jean-Luc,

Is this available now?  It looks like it is very good.

Thank you,

Bob

11 minutes ago, FSXtreme said:

Is this available now?  It looks like it is very good

Not now, but from the look of it really close to! We're targeting the next few days for a release, if there are no major showstopper!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I'm really excited for this.  I hope it'll be integrated in the A2A Comanche fast.  :happy:

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I hope i can use it with PMDG Dc-6 and AH C46 and upcoming FR C54! :)

We've finally managed to correct all known bugs and implement all features yesterday. You have no idea how complex the panel system is sometimes and the headaches to make a useful assistant (well you have an idea because you are monitoring this forum and you can see we are farther from August 1st).

Nevertheless,  the assistant goes beyond the few screenshots above. It noticeably include a feature to auto-detect any GPS gauge (of the same type as the GNS for the GNS V2) and is able to help in replacing most, if not all, panel / gauges situations. It even includes 'manual' overrides if needed.

Believe me, this was the hardest part to do: there are so many differrent ways to configure gauges I the panel.cfg file.

Will this be a package of 750 and 650 or will they be sold separate? Also what are the advantages of this over the Flight 1 version?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Will this be a package of 750 and 650 or will they be sold separate? Also what are the advantages of this over the Flight 1 version?

If I'm not mistaking, I'm guessing a major advantage will be cross fill capabilities out of the box. And ofcourse everything shown above. But I'll let the developers chime in now

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

biggest advantage would be...no more mouse clicky. key mapping to gf and other hardware buttons and knobs

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

A quick note to let you know the GNS V2 has just been released! 

I thank you all for your kind words and support, and I'm looking forward more of your comments on the new announcement thread here: