• Gulfhawk II
  • HS 748 Propliner
  • Meteor F.8/FR.9

Cheers

Keith

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm very happy about this, as many were useless in P3DV4. I am waiting on one of my favourites, the DC8 which apparently is in the pipeline.

Anybody have the DC-10 Collection? I've bought their easy series 737 and Airbus. Simple systems but ok. Looking for a DC-10.

I bought the DC-10 direct from CLS, which I think is the same aircraft as the Just Flight version, but the version available from their website doesn't seem t have a v4 installer, strange I would have thought they'd be the same.

Thanks for the heads up Keith... looking forward to the DC 8 update.

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I bought the DC-10 direct from CLS, which I think is the same aircraft as the Just Flight version, but the version available from their website doesn't seem t have a v4 installer, strange I would have thought they'd be the same.

To get the Dc-10 in p3d v4 you just have replace gauges http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31554&title=dc10-p3d-v4 just make sure you back up your files.

• Upvote 1

Just now, regis9 said:

Perfect, thanks for the info!

Hi Dave no problem let know if everything worked out ok love the Dc-10.

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

What do you mean? It states updated for P3Dv4

2 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

What do you mean? It states updated for P3Dv4

Me and Dave bought it straight from the developers website cls  https://www.commerciallevel.com  different installers then the justlfight ones.

Anybody have the DC-10 Collection?

Yep I have it, a nice plane, flies very well ... not PMDG sophistication but I rarely have time for that anyway :)

Cheers
Keith

We're currently looking into an issue with the HS-748 update which causes the aircraft to be partially invisible. We should have a fix available shortly.

EDIT: This issue should now be fixed. Please download the latest installer from your Just Flight account.

Thanks
Martyn

4 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Yep I have it, a nice plane, flies very well ... not PMDG sophistication but I rarely have time for that anyway :)

Cheers
Keith

I like it as well.  Having worked for FedEx for 28 years, I spent many hours in that plane jumseating to numerous locations.  Do you have any cockpit sounds with the DC-10 in v4?  I have engine sounds (which are great) but nothing else - no switch sounds, altitude call outs, etc.  The sounds are in a file within my v4 sound folder.  But, none of them are being used.

no switch sounds, altitude call outs, etc

Is this the new V4 installer version?

Probably the previous version used the common 32bit sound gauge from Doug Dawson or a derivative.

This should have been fixed for V4, though I haven't tried it yet...there IS a 64bit version of Doug's gauge around, which can be used in many nonV4 aircraft (rename the gauge if neccesary).

Cheers
Keith

Yes, it is the v4 installer version.  I get the engine, flaps and gear sounds.  But, the sounds that were placed in the Prepar3Dv4Sound/dc10cls (switches, call outs, etc) are not heard.  I'm thinking that they may have overlooked something in the v4 installer.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, ricka47 said:

Yes, it is the v4 installer version.  I get the engine, flaps and gear sounds.  But, the sounds that were placed in the Prepar3Dv4Sound/dc10cls (switches, call outs, etc) are not heard.  I'm thinking that they may have overlooked something in the v4 installer.

Hi,

Just bought it for my P3dV4 and same problem.

Skip.

Glad to hear that it's not just me.  I filed a ticket with Just Flight and they are getting with the developer to see what is going on.  I'm thinking that some 64-bit sound gauge is missing or not working.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:20 AM, ricka47 said:

Glad to hear that it's not just me.  I filed a ticket with Just Flight and they are getting with the developer to see what is going on.  I'm thinking that some 64-bit sound gauge is missing or not working.

I also raised a ticket and get an answer they're working on a fix but still nothing! A brand new addon I can't use!!!

Skip.

On 08/09/2017 at 1:20 AM, ricka47 said:

Just installed their BAC 1-11 into P3Dv4 and the installer copies the wrong sound gauge etc.

There are two folders in the panel folder, 32 and 64 (no prizes for guessing why those names...) but the installer copies the files from 32.

If your DC10 install has 'old' gau and dll files in the panel folder (pre April 17) try overwriting with the files from the 64 folder.

Cheers
Keith

An updated One-Eleven installer which should address that issue has been sent out to our third-party retailers (SimMarket etc).

We are looking in to the DC10 sound issue at the moment.

Thanks
Martyn

7 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

An updated One-Eleven installer which should address that issue has been sent out to our third-party retailers (SimMarket etc).

We are looking in to the DC10 sound issue at the moment.

Thanks
Martyn

Hi,

I hope you'll find the solution. I'm waiting for the DC10 sound fix to fly it under P3Dv4...

Skip.

Hello,

Any news of a fix for the P3Dv4 DC-10 sounds not working?

I tried tu use the original dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll (but sound gauges in the P3Dv4 DC-10 distribution have exactly the same size...) and it does not work. Reading the dsd documentation I see that the sound files / Lvars mapping has changed and each sound must be mapped to its proper Lvar name? If there's no bckward compatibility with the new x64 dsd gauge it means that all the XML code of the CLS DC10 gauge must be rewritten?

Skip.