Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

is there an FSUIPC style addon?

Recommended Posts

I'm kind of getting into XP11 due to the fact that the airport environs seem more "alive" and compliant with FAA/ICAO standards... 

 

In any case, I have a few hangups: 

I miss FSUIPC. This allowed me to program hardware setups for each aircraft- so I could swap my throttle quadrant out from turboprop (for use in the Majestic Q400) to 767 jet throttle quadrant... the power levers are in different spots on each quadrant module, so when I change aircraft in P3D and the hardware, it all matches up with the correct aircraft. In XP, it seems I have to go back and reprogram "axes" each time.

I also miss programming axes values to actuate parking brakes (I use the throttle plunger on my yoke as a parking brake, which is easily programmed through FSUIPC).

 

Chaseplane/EZDOK... I wish there was some sort of easy camera utility since I like to pan around with the middle mouse button. Also headshake, etc...

Middle mouse scrolling: in xplane it seems this is used for zooming, and I'd rather have it turn knobs, which is more intuitive. Don't go for the clicking and dragging- which requires more real estate for your mouse/mousepad. 

Since I'm new, maybe these utilities are already out there, but just not known to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, bjratchf said:

I wish there was some sort of easy camera utility since I like to pan around with the middle mouse button. Also headshake, etc...

Middle mouse scrolling: in xplane it seems this is used for zooming, and I'd rather have it turn knobs, which is more intuitive. Don't go for the clicking and dragging- which requires more real estate for your mouse/mousepad.

You can setup multiple views per aircraft using the numeric keys on your keyboard.

You can pan around by holding down the right mouse button.

Using the mouse wheel to turn knobs has become pretty common in the last years, many aircraft support this. Mouse wheel zoom still works when you are not pointing on a knob.

For headshake, there is a free plugin: https://www.simcoders.com/headshake/features-and-download

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjratchf said:

I miss FSUIPC

Have a look at SPAD.neXt. It doesn't have Lua scripting but it is a pretty powerful system for hooking up hardware and creating aircraft-specific profiles. You could watch this video for a taster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Have a look at SPAD.neXt. It doesn't have Lua scripting but it is a pretty powerful system for hooking up hardware and creating aircraft-specific profiles. You could watch this video for a taster.

SPAD.neXT is primarily for replacing Saitek driver, I'm not sure they can handle other devices like those made by GoFlight, or Custom panels made using Arduino Board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, N1125Y said:

SPAD.neXT is primarily for replacing Saitek driver

No it isn't. It can do pretty much whatever FSUIPC can do for buttons and switches with any HID, although as I said it lacks the complex scripting unless you're prepared to learn (and tool up for) C#. With that limitation it handles many basic FSUIPC-type things (multiple button actions, conditional actions) much better than FSUIPC does. By much better, I mean in terms of functionality offered and the ease of programming. I use it primarily to program my Bodnar boards.

SPAD.neXt also handles a growing selection of proprietary third-party devices such as Saitek panels. I don't think it can handle Arduino boards, but neither can FSUIPC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2017 at 5:54 AM, simbio said:

Unfortunately is only for xp10 and it doesn't cover all feature present on FSUIPC.

But if you contact the developer maybe you can have info for future upgrade.

http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/XPUIPC.html 

XPUIPC works on X-Plane 11. I use it for the moving map function in the Plan-G Flight Planner.

I don't think it duplicates all the functions of the FS version, so it may not be what the OP is looking for. 

 

X-Assign doesn't work with the latest versions of XP11. One of the recent updates broke it, but the developer is working on a new version.

This was a very popular plugin for mapping controller assignments on a per-plane basis. Keep an eye on that plugin page for an update when it's ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, simbio said:

Unfortunately is only for xp10 and it doesn't cover all feature present on FSUIPC.

But if you contact the developer maybe you can have info for future upgrade.

http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/XPUIPC.html 

... I think it's a "Non Going" Project, I wish somebody would pick it up and do what Peter Dowson did to FS / P3D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N1125Y said:

... I think it's a "Non Going" Project, I wish somebody would pick it up and do what Peter Dowson did to FS / P3D 

I don´t think that anyone is interested in it, since the difference purposes are already managed by other plug-ins and systems.

The biggest problem here is simply that X-Assign is at the moment out of order in X-Plane 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this