saverio mangione

Fs2crew with flyinside and HTC VIVE

Recommended Posts

hi everyone,

can somebody tell me if fs2crew can be used while simming in VR using htc vive or any other virtual reality kit?

i hope to read you back. I'm seriously thinking of switching to this new kind of experience but I still need my FO to fly ;-)

thanks 

saverio 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I wonder the same. As I fly V4 now, I don't yet have FlyInside. But when it comes out I don't see why FS2Crew wouldn't work with it if you use the voice control version.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Alex. I asked the same question this morning to Bryan from fs2crew and he sees no troubles. I'd rather use the button control though as not always does the system recognize my accent (I'm native Italian). But I don't think that button control would be working, though. Thanks for your reply anyway. That was really appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Button control should work in Virtual Reaity.  I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

But I've never tried it, so who knows.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  Bryan. VR is a brand new technology for me. I don't know if fs2crew panel will pop up inside the cockpit. Mine is just a thought .... it can be that there will be no issues at all. I can't fly without a fo beside me ;-) Anyway, VR will be live on my system for Xmas. No need to worry for a while. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

It does work with P3Dv4 native VR (voice mode, did not test button mode).

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Please let me know if it also works with button control should you try it out. I'll be using flyinside together with my 2 sims and they're working on p3d v4. Otherwise I'll have to improve my American accent if I want to use fs2crew 😉 BTW, my system runs an Nvidia GTX 970 and I'll be using oculus rift for sure. I I wouldn't like to change my GPU again and am not prepared to spend so much money on it. Do you think it's going to work? 

Edited by saverio mangione

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using the Pimax Headset in P3Dv4 native VR along with Aircraft from PMDG and FS2CREW addon . I only use the button version and currently no FS2Crew menus will pop up when using VR.

I hoping flyinside when it's released will fix this. 

Mayby someone who has P3Dv3 and flyinside can confirm that pop ups are visible.

IM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

I'm using the Pimax Headset in P3Dv4 native VR along with Aircraft from PMDG and FS2CREW addon . I only use the button version and currently no FS2Crew menus will pop up when using VR.

 

 

The FS2Crew Panels are just ordinary panels.  Do any 2D aircraft panels (panels from the aircraft itself) work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

I'm using the Pimax Headset in P3Dv4 native VR along with Aircraft from PMDG and FS2CREW addon . I only use the button version and currently no FS2Crew menus will pop up when using VR.

I hoping flyinside when it's released will fix this. 

Mayby someone who has P3Dv3 and flyinside can confirm that pop ups are visible.

IM

Thank you. Let's wait for flyinside ... I know they're updating their software to P3D V4 which will be ready at the end of this month (they have confirmed this to me right this morning). Asking for the implementation of button control into their software would arm none I guess! I'll ask them, who knows 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, saverio mangione said:

Thank you. Let's wait for flyinside ... I know they're updating their software to P3D V4 which will be ready at the end of this month (they have confirmed this to me right this morning). Asking for the implementation of button control into their software would arm none I guess! I'll ask them, who knows 😊

Ask them if they can support 2D windows.

It's not really a unique to FS2Crew issue.  It's any addon that would display 2D Windows in the VC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, byork said:

 

The FS2Crew Panels are just ordinary panels.  Do any 2D aircraft panels (panels from the aircraft itself) work?

Exactly.. no 2D windows available with P3Dv4 native VR. I'm pretty sure that's what flyinside has accomplished although I don't know for sure as I've only just received my VR headset and don't have P3Dv3 installed anymore to try it.

I was hoping their 64bit release was just around the corner, as the end of September seems so far away especially now that I have a FS2Crew copilot for my 747 that I want to pull out of the hangar.

I have a beautiful crystal clear 65in 4K TV that seems so boring now to use after trying on a VR headset.

😫

IM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think voice control is the way to go with VR but if you need windows to popup in your cockpit than Flyinside will do that. I have the demo and using the A2A Connie I can get the windows for fuel loading, maps and other A2A popups to appear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warbirds said:

I think voice control is the way to go with VR but if you need windows to popup in your cockpit than Flyinside will do that. I have the demo and using the A2A Connie I can get the windows for fuel loading, maps and other A2A popups to appear. 

5 hours ago, byork said:

Ask them if they can support 2D windows.

It's not really a unique to FS2Crew issue.  It's any addon that would display 2D Windows in the VC.

 

Already done! I'm still waiting for their answer. I'll keep you updated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, Daniel from Flyinside replied to my question. Please find here below what he writes:

" Hello Saverio,

I haven't tried fs2crew personally, but I believe it should work with our "Import Window" functionality.  Let me know once you've had a chance to try it out :)
Thanks,

Dan Church

FlyInside Inc.

 

So, if anyone has the chance to try it out please let me know as I will implement VR only for Xmas, way too long for a test  

ciao from Italy 🇮🇹 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now