Hi all,

We've just released TerraFlora 1.2!

As always, thanks very much for all of your support. It's because of your feedback that we've been able to create this update!

You'll be happy to know that a documentation PDF has now been added, but you can see all changes and added features here: https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/terraflora-update-1-2-0/

New Features:

– Added multiple variants for Fall colouring. – Most broadleaf species now have at least two colour variants to reduce the ‘solid carpet’ effect. This means that were a single species is annotated, you will now see colour variants of that species. This is only apparent in Fall and is quite subtle.

– Added Red Maples – We had several requests to add missing Red Maples. We’ve added these as a Fall variant (see above) but their placement is quite sparse reflecting the real world as near as we can.

– Acacias reworked: The acacia texture has been completely replaced with a new version and the original canopy plane reinstated.

– Documentation PDF added (by popular demand)

Here are some shots for you:

TerraFlora110_HardWinter_01.jpg

TerraFlora110_USARedMaple_02.jpg

TerraFlora110_HardWinter_04.jpg

TerraFlora110_Kenya_01.jpg

TerraFlora110_USA_02.jpg

TerraFlora110_HardWinter_03.jpg

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Beautiful! I will apply the update immediately.

I really appreciate Turbulent's work a lot.
You guys are probably the best FS revelation of these past months for me actually.
Keep up the good work!

23 minutes ago, David Roch said:

probably the best FS revelation of these past months for me actually.

I agree and have notice it on this forum ;-)

A great value for the outstanding of landscapes...

but Russel, your site have actualy the link to version 1.1, not ready yet for downloading ?

Hi ms2,

Can you show me where it says 1.1?

Thanks,

Russ

thanks for the hard work, after installation I get version 1.1.0 in TT

7OECAfj.png

is it normal?

Hi guys,

Yes, please ignore it. It's just a text file that I forgot to update. You're definitely using 1.2

I'll quickly update the installer but its by no means a needed update, so please carry on.

Thanks,

Russ

Does this also work in FSW?

43 minutes ago, David Roch said:

I really appreciate Turbulent's work a lot.
You guys are probably the best FS revelation of these past months for me actually.
Keep up the good work!

+1

Hi Folks,

You guys have been busy - a bunch of new products I haven't seen - really liked your Big Bear - might have to pick up a few more... All looks good...

Would love to see a true East Coast product - as that area usually gets the short end of the stick (except for FL)...

Regards,

Scott

Hi all,

I've updated the installer so it will now say 1.2 in the info area.

Download if you like :)

Thanks,

Russ

10 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Does this also work in FSW?

Hi there,

No, it's currently not compatible with FSW.

Thanks,

Russ

13 minutes ago, ralinn said:

Hi guys,

Yes, please ignore it. It's just a text file that I forgot to update

I ignore it, Russel and thank you,. Just a little text error... ;-))

Thank you a lot, for your big job... And your following of costumers

Does this work with or replace Orbx Trees?

29 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Does this work with or replace Orbx Trees?

They complement each other very well, so you don't need to consider uninstalling the ORBX Trees at all.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Has anyone seen an effect on framerate good or bad in P3D?

Danny

14 minutes ago, DannyR said:

Has anyone seen an effect on framerate good or bad in P3D?

Don't really see fps decreasing... 

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

They complement each other very well, so you don't need to consider uninstalling the ORBX Trees at all.

Would you mind elaborating? I thought it replaced them. I must have the wrong end of the stick!

Chris

53 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Would you mind elaborating? I thought it replaced them. I must have the wrong end of the stick!

Chris

I thought that both products replace the default trees too, wondering how they could coexist?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

Chris

47 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I thought that both products replace the default trees too, wondering how they could coexist?

+1

Anyway, really interested in TF!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

Chris

From the Turbulent Design Terra Flora Forums:

Q: I already have Orbx HD Trees installed, do I need to remove it?
A: No. The Orbx HD Trees product can remain installed and we highly recommend that you do if you are using other Orbx products.

Cheers, Ed

I didn't purchase this initially, since it doesn't change anything in the ORBX regions, but the trees do look more realistic than ORBX HD Trees, mostly because of the variety of tree heights. Now that it's autumn in the northern hemisphere, the purchase is well worth the money. The recent revisions also cleaned up the few minor issues like the overly snowy conifers and the lack of red colored maples.

I may be the odd man out in these discussions; but, I was just wondering if this plays well with Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain. Or is it intended for Orbx users only? Can default sims benefit as well?  And the big one is does it interfere with or change any sim settings or other scenery settings???

So for those who already own and have ORBX FTX Trees installed, having this installed won't overwrite the ORBX Trees? How does this work. So do the ORBX trees only show up in the full regions and outside of that it will show Terraflora?

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

So do the ORBX trees only show up in the full regions and outside of that it will show Terraflora?

For me it seems that they show up even in the ORBX regions, together with the ORBX trees, but let's ask this to TD's Russell, who opened this thread to clarify this very important point.

Cheers, Ed