Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

15 minutes ago, somiller said:

Well, guess I won't be going back to 4.0. LM has removed all 4.0 dl links from their site...only 4.1 and 3.4 remain.

Unfortunately, when I originally installed 4.0, I only dl'd and installed the client, but when upgrading to 4.1 I installed Client AND Content. So now I have no way of getting 4.0 Content...that's great.

It's a long shot but you could try this tip Poppet once posted on the official Prepar3D forum:

"You could try and Navigate to ► Local Disk (C) ► ProgramData ► Package Cache and check there, as you could still have a back up of your old Client 3.4.9 unbeknownst to you in one of the folders, You will know it by Date."

I had a look at my folders and found the complete installer for 4.0 there! I did however install it not too long ago so I don't know how long these files are being saved. But you might be lucky. For a complete install you should be looking for a folder that contains Setup_Prepar3D.exe. No guarantees and no warranties though.

EDIT

Looked a bit further and ALL the 4.0 installer files are in those folders, thought scattered among a few! So you might be able to copy them out of there to install 4.0 all over again. Sort them on date and if you knew when you installed 4.0 the folders should be there. You should be looking for these files:

cont1.cab
cont2.cab
Install_Client.msi
Install_Content.msi
Install_Scenery.msi
scene1.cab to scene7.cab
Setup_Prepar3D.exe

Place them all into a new folder and run the Setup. That might do the trick.

10 minutes ago, bills511 said:

From Michael Krawczyk at A2A: Reinstalling the sim won't help. We have found a possible source of the issue in 4.1 and reported it to Lockheed.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=61839&start=15

Good news, thanks for the heads up. I currently only fly A2A planes so I'd like this to be solved before I dare to install 4.1!

Same problem here, no way to taxi, very disappointed about .

exactly the same problem as you discribe guys.

nose wheel and rudder looks moving but thr pmdg or default planes do not turn

Very strange, I installed client and content and all my planes work perfectly, including PMDG, Carenado and the like. I do not use EZDOK nor assign any rudders and pedals to FSUIPC.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The problem is Ezdok camera, they soon try to release an update. For now we must desable thr shaking effects on the fuselage.

1 minute ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

The problem is Ezdok camera, they soon try to release an update. For now we must desable thr shaking effects on the fuselage.

EZDOK is ONE of the problems, I think. There are people who don't own EZDOK and still have this problem. And as posted above A2A found a possible cause for the problem which probably has nothing to do with EZDOK.

That was posted in p3d forum and also is stated in Ezdok cam web site 

next week Ezdok will release their fully compatible p3d 4.1 version of Ezdok beta 2.6

29 minutes ago, J van E said:

It's a long shot but you could try this tip Poppet once posted on the official Prepar3D forum:

"You could try and Navigate to ► Local Disk (C) ► ProgramData ► Package Cache and check there, as you could still have a back up of your old Client 3.4.9 unbeknownst to you in one of the folders, You will know it by Date."

I had a look at my folders and found the complete installer for 4.0 there! I did however install it not too long ago so I don't know how long these files are being saved. But you might be lucky. For a complete install you should be looking for a folder that contains Setup_Prepar3D.exe. No guarantees and no warranties though.

EDIT

Looked a bit further and ALL the 4.0 installer files are in those folders, thought scattered among a few! So you might be able to copy them out of there to install 4.0 all over again. Sort them on date and if you knew when you installed 4.0 the folders should be there. You should be looking for these files:

cont1.cab
cont2.cab
Install_Client.msi
Install_Content.msi
Install_Scenery.msi
scene1.cab to scene7.cab
Setup_Prepar3D.exe

Place them all into a new folder and run the Setup. That might do the trick.

Good news, thanks for the heads up. I currently only fly A2A planes so I'd like this to be solved before I dare to install 4.1!

Jeroen,

You're a genius...lol. I looked by date and sure enough on 6/7/17 there are a bunch of packages, that in total, amount to an entire P3D 4.0 installer. Holy cow, had no idea those were taking up 12 GB just sitting there doing nothing, well in this case, sitting there waiting to save me.

Thanks for your post!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 minute ago, somiller said:

Jeroen,

You're a genius...lol. I looked by date and sure enough on 6/7/17 there are a bunch of packages, that in total, amount to an entire P3D 4.0 installer. Holy cow, had no idea those were taking up 12 GB just sitting there doing nothing, well in this case, sitting there waiting to save me.

Thanks for your post!

Cool! Good to hear! You're welcome! :smile:

6 minutes ago, somiller said:

Jeroen,

Thanks for your post!

That's something good to know in the future. 

I'm not sure I believe it, but I may have found some of my steering problems...AUTORUDDER.

I reinstalled 4.0 and in the process, just as I had before installing 4.1, I deleted "prepar3d.cfg"

While going through setting before first taxi test, I looked at "Realism" settings and discovered Autorudder was checked.

I Disabled Autorudder...it doesn't fix A2A aircraft ground steering, but it seems to have fixed my 737NGX steering.

I think I need to tattoo AUTORUDDER to my forehead because I've made this exact mistake before when starting with a fresh prepar3d.cfg.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

11 minutes ago, J van E said:

Cool! Good to hear! You're welcome! :smile:

WOW 12gig! I have a backup in a different drive. Can the contents of this folder be deleted?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No steering problems on anything after installing client and content.

Fully tested with default and most of my add-on aircraft.

Kind regards,

Just now, SpiritFlyer said:

No steering problems on anything after installing client and content.

Fully tested with default and most of my add-ons.

Kind regards,

Do you have any A2A aircraft?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Not installed A2A since P3D v3.4 and don't use Ezdok anymore, just TrackIR.

That might indeed be (one of) the key(s) to this puzzle...

Kind regards,