Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

Since I only fly the A2A Comanche I think I will wait with installing 4.1 until LM or A2A solved this. Thanks for sharing this.

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why would a yaw damper effect nosewheel steering? 

Because I have seen this happen before on occasions where for some reason, the yaw damper is engaged and the steering barely functions. I’m assuming it’s because a lot of addon aircraft have the nose wheel steering linked to the rudder movements. 

Like I said, it’s at least worth checking although may be a long shot in this case. 

Fresh install with 4.1 with zero addons.  Default A36 will not steer for me. 

Matt Wilson

I got it working. I uninstalled all of P3Dv4.1. I then deleted every Lockheed Martin folder (local, roaming, documents, ect) so there was no trace of P3D on my hard drive. 

I then installed v4.1 again  from fresh and now I have steering. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

exactly, if you want to take a chance by updating, go for it -eventually along the line you will get word not allowed lol

37 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I got it working. I uninstalled all of P3Dv4.1. I then deleted every Lockheed Martin folder (local, roaming, documents, ect) so there was no trace of P3D on my hard drive. 

Good to hear. So also your A2A's work? I was planning on doing a complete reinstall anyway (including the upcoming Windows 10 Fall release).

I only have the connie and have not reinstalled as yet.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

3 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I only have the connie and have not reinstalled as yet.

Ah, ok, I seemed to remember you had a few more, my bad. The thing is that A2A seems to be affected most by this problem so I was curious about that.

44 minutes ago, warbirds said:

This is very weird.  At first I just updated the client and had no issues.

Matt Wilson

Hope this can be fixed other way than reinstalling because I am tired of reinstalling everything from zero. 

• Upvote 1

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

EZDok is the culprit. Problem solved for me. Not running it until fixed.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Ezdok was the culprit for me. I just disabled it. All planes work perfectly now. I'll wait for the update.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

So to summarize possible solutions:

1.  Disable EZDOK and make sure any aircraft.cfg files it modified are returned back to original state (I don't have EZDOK so never tested with it), contact EZDOK vendor and work with them for support
2.  For A2A users, if you use A2A's input configurator (I don't) and have setup axis using that tool then check in with A2A support
3.  Possible issues with FSUIPC and Tiller Steering, make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC, check-in with Pete D. for support

FYI, a "fresh install" of V4.1 does NOT uninstall any prior aircraft files from 3rd party or any other 3rd party files.  So if you are doing a "Fresh install" you need to verify all 5 folders are deleted AFTER you run V4.x uninstall (please be sure to read Elaine's guide on how to do this).

Cheers, Rob.