Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

Did the client, content and scenery installs.  Only test so far was with the Manfred Jahn C-47 v3.  No change to ground handling - works fine.  Will try to look into some others if time permits.

My first thinking was that you need to update both client AND content. If this does not fix the steering problem, I am wondering why none of the beta testers tested 4.1 with their addon aircrafts and became aware of the problem.

4.1 seems to be a mess if you have addons. 

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Fixed the problem guys/gals you will have to do a full reinstall to get the steering problem fixed

I am too. I've reinstalled pretty much every addon, disabled then enabled everything, reinstalled 4.1 etc. etc. However my problem seems to be moving the aircraft in general. Seems I am stuck, the aircraft only skips forward about 1kt at a time. Slewing airborne the aircraft(s) still do not move. My animations for flight control surfaces are bang on as are the calibrations and control settings. (no fsuipc controls). 

It seems that I'm frozen. 

And yes, autopilot, parking brake and the obvious stuff are off haha

You're not the only ones.  I started a topic in the Prepar3d forums.  It's getting quite a few replies with the same problem.  It's in the "Other Support Questions" under "Ground Steering with V4.1" 

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

52 minutes ago, somiller said:

but I fail to see how any of my add-ons could affect steering of the NGX, but not the F22.

With SimConnect add-ons can do just about anything and be aircraft specific ... do you have EZDOK2 installed, that will affect PMDG flight characteristics?  Still not sure why you don't want to list your add-ons?  Just trying to help.

Cheers, Rob.  

I really hope that a Full Reinstall is not required.

@Rob : Did you test a new Full install or did you try after updating Client only ?  If it is a Full install that might explain why it has not been noticed..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

21 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I am wondering why none of the beta testers tested 4.1 with their addon aircrafts and became aware of the problem.

I did, and like I've said, I didn't encounter any problems with any aircraft from PMDG to A2A and everything in between with a host of other add-ons.  None of the aircraft developers on the beta had reported a problem.  I'm not doubting anyone is having this issue, but before you start blaming Beta testers, you might want to provide more info and list your add-ons and how they are configured.

Cheers, Rob.

19 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I really hope that a Full Reinstall is not required.

@Rob : Did you test a new Full install or did you try after updating Client only ?  If it is a Full install that might explain why it has not been noticed..

A full re-install is not required, don't know why people are jumping to conclusions without taking steps to identify the cause or list their environment and add-ons?  I tested Full, client only, client and content ... the only test I didn't do was scenery install.

First place I would recommend to start with diagnostics:

1.  Disable all 4 of your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files (don't launch P3D V4.1 from any external product)
2.  backup your standard.xml and standard.xmlx files and then delete them  (i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls)
3.  backup you calibration.xml file and then delete it (i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls)

4. delete any "Default" startup scenario you may have created.

Test V4.1, load a flight.

There is obviously some "Common" element several of you have that is causing your issue, the task is to discover that common element and resolve.

Cheers, Rob.

22 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

First place I would recommend to start with diagnostics:

I've done the above, no change

Hey, I think EZDOC is the culprit. More testing to do but I diabled it and now ground steering is working

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

2 minutes ago, DLWbluues said:

Yup! EZDOCK is it. Well, on my system anyway. I reproduced it several times.

What worked control of front wheel, in Ezdok need to disable the shaking of the fuselage - the slider in extreme left position. The problem with the zoom and the world's cameras will fix in the near future.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020