I've received news from Honeycomb about their forthcoming Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant. The yoke will be available to view at the Lelystad Flight Sim show in early November. It won't be connected to a PC but nevertheless should give potential customers a good feel for it.

PFC have been involved in its design and with a five year warranty it looks to be a quality unit. You can see more details of both units here:- http://flyhoneycomb.com/

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hm, nice! I am super curious to read the reports. I am observing this HW since I first heard of it. But, "not connected to a PC" ...? Sounds like still a lot of development would be needed :ohmy:

Cheers
Frank

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The yoke will be available to view at the Lelystad Flight Sim show in early November.

Any news on the quadrant?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, mdata said:

Hm, nice! I am super curious to read the reports. I am observing this HW since I first heard of it. But, "not connected to a PC" ...? Sounds like still a lot of development would be needed :ohmy:

Cheers
Frank

Just the drivers I would imagine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Any news on the quadrant?

Only that it won’t be at Lelystad in 3 weeks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Only that it won’t be at Lelystad in 3 weeks.

That's a shame but thanks for the update.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The docs on the yoke state it has 6 inches of travel. I just checked my Saitek and it has around half that. This is very encouraging. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for that heads-up, Ray as the very first time I ever tried a yoke was at Cosford last w/e, and was angling towards the Saitek models on display there, until I read several posts recommending the CH variants. Then somebody also mentioned this being in the offing.

The docs on the yoke state it has 6 inches of travel. I just checked my Saitek and it has around half that. This is very encouraging. 

That all depends on your physical setup.  I mount my yoke on a desktop and the extra three inches of travel in and over the desktop could be an issue. 

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

13 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That all depends on your physical setup.  I mount my yoke on a desktop and the extra three inches of travel in and over the desktop could be an issue. 

Surely it depends if the travel is contained within the yoke enclosure?

@vc10man, Rick, I think you’ll find the Honeycomb will be a step up in quality over CH and Saitek.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Surely it depends if the travel is contained within the yoke enclosure?

@vc10man, Rick, I think you’ll find the Honeycomb will be a step up in quality over CH and Saitek.

Understand it is contained.  I place an iPad and other items beyond the end of my Saitek yoke and in front of my monitor. I really like the look of the Honeycomb. It looks very promising. That three inches will likely cause me to reinvent my setup. That's all.  That three inches may not be so great for all...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

38 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That three inches will likely cause me to reinvent my setup. That's all.  That three inches may not be so great for all...

Each to their own of course. I’ll report back once I’ve seen it at Lelystad.  My own desktop may need tweaking too.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just the drivers I would imagine.

I do hope, too.

Thanks a lot Ray, please grab as many information as you can and please keep us posted. :smile:

Cheers
Frank

14 minutes ago, mdata said:

I do hope, too.

Thanks a lot Ray, please grab as many information as you can and please keep us posted. :smile:

Cheers
Frank

Will do Frank. I believe Honeycomb have a Facebook page where they are publishing info.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here is the Honeycomb brochure for the yoke and throttle...

http://flyhoneycomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Honeycomb-Brochure-2017.pdf

You can see more from Honeycomb on their Facebook page.

Search for honeycomb aeronautical

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather