Ray Proudfoot

Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle news

Recommended Posts

I've received news from Honeycomb about their forthcoming Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant. The yoke will be available to view at the Lelystad Flight Sim show in early November. It won't be connected to a PC but nevertheless should give potential customers a good feel for it.

PFC have been involved in its design and with a five year warranty it looks to be a quality unit. You can see more details of both units here:- http://flyhoneycomb.com/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hm, nice! I am super curious to read the reports. I am observing this HW since I first heard of it. But, "not connected to a PC" ...? Sounds like still a lot of development would be needed :ohmy:

Cheers
Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The yoke will be available to view at the Lelystad Flight Sim show in early November.

Any news on the quadrant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdata said:

Hm, nice! I am super curious to read the reports. I am observing this HW since I first heard of it. But, "not connected to a PC" ...? Sounds like still a lot of development would be needed :ohmy:

Cheers
Frank

Just the drivers I would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Any news on the quadrant?

Only that it won’t be at Lelystad in 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Only that it won’t be at Lelystad in 3 weeks.

That's a shame but thanks for the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The docs on the yoke state it has 6 inches of travel. I just checked my Saitek and it has around half that. This is very encouraging. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that heads-up, Ray as the very first time I ever tried a yoke was at Cosford last w/e, and was angling towards the Saitek models on display there, until I read several posts recommending the CH variants. Then somebody also mentioned this being in the offing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The docs on the yoke state it has 6 inches of travel. I just checked my Saitek and it has around half that. This is very encouraging. 

That all depends on your physical setup.  I mount my yoke on a desktop and the extra three inches of travel in and over the desktop could be an issue. 

Edited by fppilot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That all depends on your physical setup.  I mount my yoke on a desktop and the extra three inches of travel in and over the desktop could be an issue. 

Surely it depends if the travel is contained within the yoke enclosure?

@vc10man, Rick, I think you’ll find the Honeycomb will be a step up in quality over CH and Saitek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Surely it depends if the travel is contained within the yoke enclosure?

@vc10man, Rick, I think you’ll find the Honeycomb will be a step up in quality over CH and Saitek.

Understand it is contained.  I place an iPad and other items beyond the end of my Saitek yoke and in front of my monitor. I really like the look of the Honeycomb. It looks very promising. That three inches will likely cause me to reinvent my setup. That's all.  That three inches may not be so great for all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That three inches will likely cause me to reinvent my setup. That's all.  That three inches may not be so great for all...

Each to their own of course. I’ll report back once I’ve seen it at Lelystad.  My own desktop may need tweaking too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just the drivers I would imagine.

I do hope, too.

Thanks a lot Ray, please grab as many information as you can and please keep us posted. :smile:

Cheers
Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mdata said:

I do hope, too.

Thanks a lot Ray, please grab as many information as you can and please keep us posted. :smile:

Cheers
Frank

Will do Frank. I believe Honeycomb have a Facebook page where they are publishing info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now