1 hour ago, polosim said:

If you're interested in any of these products, you re really gonna find this video very interesting, enjoy it

Not much of a review but at least we get to see some actual hardware in the field.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

1 hour ago, polosim said:

If you're interested in any of these products, you re really gonna find this video very interesting, enjoy it

https://youtu.be/APKSiKwksuA

Not quite sure how they got the throttle, in particular, as the Aerosoft store shows the availability as not until 2020 (no more specific than that):

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/hardware/flight-simulation/throttles/2568/honeycomb-bravo-throttle-quadrant

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Not quite sure how they got the throttle, in particular, as the Aerosoft store shows the availability as not until 2020 (no more specific than that): 

When mutually beneficial, it is not unusual for a company to make advanced (possibly prototype) copies of their products available to another company. It could also turn out that the EPIC/Honeycomb system will not be available to the general public for a while as well.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, ark said:

It could also turn out that the EPIC/Honeycomb system will not be available to the general public for a while as well.

You could well be correct. No panels with Honeycomb controllers are currently available on the Stay Level Avionix website. 

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

53 minutes ago, polosim said:

Yes, but if you go into their store page and try to filter by Honeycomb products, you just get a blank page.

There was a Honeycomb yoke in the innovation tent at Airventure last week. Looked good, felt great. I couldn't see exactly how it was mounted because I was chasing an 8 year old while trying to evaluate it, and they had it in a custom pseudo-cockpit, but whatever the mounting method, it wasn't moving even with kids yanking it back and forth. 

It was hooked up to FSX running a custom EAA scenario for kids. It was incredibly sensitive - deflecting it just a few degrees over-banked the default Cessna almost instantly, but I'm sure that's because the kid running the booth didn't set it up right - he was much more interested in his phone than in dealing with the sim.

Unfortunately no throttle quad - they had a TWCS throttle hooked up.

After that brief hands-on, especially given that it still looked and felt great on Saturday after a week of people yanking on it (more than 600,000 people came to the show, so even if a tiny fraction of the attendees used it, it got a lot of use) it's definitely on my short list for my next control purchase.

Hi Folks,

The mounting seemed a bit flimsy in the video - thing was bouncing every time he touched it...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

In the video I saw (the first one here: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/hardware/flight-simulation/yokes/2567/honeycomb-alpha-flight-controls ) you can see the yoke move when he's yanking up and down on the body, but if you look close, the surface it's mounted on is *also* moving, so the yoke is lifting whatever that surface is rather than separating from it.

FYI for those interested in purchasing the Alpha Flight Control yoke...

According to the Honeycomb Aeronautical Facebook page today, pre-orders will start tomorrow August 7th, 2019 at 4:00 PM PST for all customers in the United States.

Regards,

G

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

2 hours ago, BigG433 said:

FYI for those interested in purchasing the Alpha Flight Control yoke...

According to the Honeycomb Aeronautical Facebook page today, pre-orders will start tomorrow August 7th, 2019 at 4:00 PM PST for all customers in the United States.

Regards,

G

I wondered how long it would take before someone posted this on Avsim. Wonder if the site is going to take a hit now and how many will they have for pre-order. 

Update on the amounts, Honeycomb Aeronautical We're shipping almost 4000 units to the US to be shared with retailers. If we run out of our own inventory, our resellers also honor the pre-order price till October 1st.

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'm surprised that anyone would be considering pre-ordering this yoke. As far as I'm aware, no one has seen or tried a production version and there have been plenty of reservations from people who've tried the pre-production samples. I would certainly advise waiting for a full review of the retail model before considering buying it.

• Upvote 1

@vortex681, totally agree. I would never buy any hardware until it’s been independently reviewed. One question I would put to Honeycomb is pot replacement. When they eventually fail as we know they will, can the user acquire a new pot and replace it himself? Or does it require a return to base? Or worst case scenario, are the pots replaceable?

One reason why I’m looking at the Fulcrum yoke which has Hall effect sensors and will be on show at Cosford in the October show.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

One reason why I’m looking at the Fulcrum yoke which has Hall effect sensors and will be on show at Cosford in the October show.

A shame that the original plan to use Hall effect sensors in the Honeycomb yoke evaporated away.

• Like 1