mickham

747QOTS2 liveries broken

Recommended Posts

Hi.Since the latest operation manager update ALL of my 747 liveries have become corrupted.ALL 737 & 777 liveries are ok?

Anyone  else having the same issue? I cannot add pic as I do not have a dropbox.

Regards M.Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

10 minutes ago, mickham said:

Hi.Since the latest operation manager update ALL of my 747 liveries have become corrupted.

Explain. The OC update doesn't just go into your liveries or config and start messing with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi KYLE,thank you for the quick reply.I updated P3D4 to 4.1 on Wednesday, had a couple of flights and everything was ok.I checked all of my addons that have automatic updates this morning and noticed that the operations center reguired an update so I let it do all updates.When I ran p3d and went to select a 747 the preview image was showing as a skeleton.{all the 747 liveries do} I loaded the sim anyway but sure enough the aircraft was like an unfinished carcass.I have restarted the sim several times and selected several 737 &777 aircraft and they are all fine.No other settings were changed and no other addons were updated.I would enclose a screenshot but I do not have the means to.

Regards M.Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mickham said:

Hi KYLE,thank you for the quick reply.I updated P3D4 to 4.1 on Wednesday, had a couple of flights and everything was ok.I checked all of my addons that have automatic updates this morning and noticed that the operations center reguired an update so I let it do all updates.When I ran p3d and went to select a 747 the preview image was showing as a skeleton.{all the 747 liveries do} I loaded the sim anyway but sure enough the aircraft was like an unfinished carcass.I have restarted the sim several times and selected several 737 &777 aircraft and they are all fine.No other settings were changed and no other addons were updated.I would enclose a screenshot but I do not have the means to.

Regards M.Hamilton

Update your shader cache, potentially your graphics drivers. Are you using any additional tools like PTA?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, downscc said:

Liveries for B744 in v4.1 working aok here.

So are mine after the mini-update across all three aircraft, i.e 737-777-747

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that it is more than a PMDG problem.My default f16 and f22 A2A COMANCHE default bell chopper and various others are also affected.I have done a fresh content and client reinstall and the problem is still the same?

M.Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have issues with the 747 liveries after the update.

After an update to an aircraft, out of habit, I restart the Operations Center. I then will see 1 or more notifications that aircraft liveries are missing. I allow the OC to repair these missing liveries and, up till now, they are reconnected and all is well.

In this case, with both the 747 and 737 being updated, I had 2 repair liveries messages, as expected. The 737 aircraft were all repaired, but the 747 repair generated several messages "Unable to find backup files." [I hope this is the exact message text.]. I clicked through them all and closed the OC.

I now only have the PMDG house liveries and the KLM livery (on the M model) on the 747. All other liveries are "missing".

I am running P3Dv4.1. I can't say if the liveries were there after the update to 4.1 and before the OC update, as I hadn't checked.

FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mickham said:

Kyle,cleared out shaders and rebooted.Problem still there.

M.Hamilton

Wasn't the only suggestion I offered earlier. Drivers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Kyle forgot to say that I also updated drivers to 387.92 Nvidia 1080 win10 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the files updated is the mdl file. Perhaps your update was interrupted before it was finished by AV software?  Is your OC indicating that you have the latest version?  What about the house livery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uninstalled the 747,deleted everything in p3d related to the 747,deleted all off the 747 backup liveries.Reinstalled 747 with no added liveries and the default house liveries on all 747 variants are corrupt.I think that the next move is to revert back to v4 of p3d and see what happens?As I stated my A2A commanche is affected along with various other craft.Not to the extent of the PMDG in as much that the texturing colours are not there.where as the PMDG,most of the fuselage is missing with the interior showing.The update seemed to go smoothly and I do not use an AV as such,only windows defender which I always disable when installing anything including updates.

Thanks for replying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mickham said:

Uninstalled the 747,deleted everything in p3d related to the 747,deleted all off the 747 backup liveries.Reinstalled 747 with no added liveries and the default house liveries on all 747 variants are corrupt.I think that the next move is to revert back to v4 of p3d and see what happens?As I stated my A2A commanche is affected along with various other craft.Not to the extent of the PMDG in as much that the texturing colours are not there.where as the PMDG,most of the fuselage is missing with the interior showing.The update seemed to go smoothly and I do not use an AV as such,only windows defender which I always disable when installing anything including updates.

Thanks for replying

If other aircraft are affected, then it's definitely your computer, or your sim install. I'd try a clean install of 4.1 instead of trying to roll back to any previous versions. Make sure to follow their directions to the letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your help,rolled back to v4 and everything is working perfectly,Will keep v4 for a while

Thanks again

M.Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mickham said:

Thank you all for your help,rolled back to v4 and everything is working perfectly,Will keep v4 for a while

I wouldn't shy away from the update. Worth giving it another shot, honestly. Sounds like you just messed up something in the install of 4.1. If it were a problem with 4.1, you'd see widespread reports of it, which isn't the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downloaded a fresh copy of  4.1 from Lockheed.uninstalled old content then client, reinstalled fresh client then fresh content,back to square 1 with textures I will revert back to v4 again as I am certainly not doing a full install of 4.1.It took me 3 days to do a full install from v3.4.

Again thank you so much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mickham said:

Just downloaded a fresh copy of  4.1 from Lockheed.uninstalled old content then client, reinstalled fresh client then fresh content,back to square 1 with textures I will revert back to v4 again as I am certainly not doing a full install of 4.1.It took me 3 days to do a full install from v3.4.

Again thank you so much for your help.

I’d try and troubleshoot more honestly. As mentioned, this is something on your machine / local install. Not troubleshooting now may come back to bite you later as you never fixed the underlying issue. 4.2 rolls out and the issue may still be there. Now you’re stuck .2 behind simply because you didn’t try to solve an issue. Up to you, but I’d strongly advise against what you’re doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

I tried running the OC again. 

I see that the repair message is there. I tried it and it worked.

Apologies for jumping the gun here. I think I must not have selected an "Action" before clicking OK.

Looking forward to the Jetstream!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On checking the p3d website I found that other user were having the same problems that I am seeing.Some users seemed to think that it is a problem with the amount of entries in the xml and cfg files.I removed several scenery folders from the p3d documents addon folder and low and behold all aircraft textures are back to normal.I will add said folders back one by one until I find a corrupt file or reach  a working limit.

As said before thank you so much for your help.Especially you Kyle I was ready for giving up

M.Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mickham said:

On checking the p3d website I found that other user were having the same problems that I am seeing.Some users seemed to think that it is a problem with the amount of entries in the xml and cfg files.I removed several scenery folders from the p3d documents addon folder and low and behold all aircraft textures are back to normal.I will add said folders back one by one until I find a corrupt file or reach  a working limit.

As said before thank you so much for your help.Especially you Kyle I was ready for giving up

M.Hamilton

Hi M., full names on all posts here please.

I can purposely create random unusual aircraft textures by making an error in an add-on.xml file in the textures add on component.  One has to be careful with global textures.  Easy solution for most sceneries (at least this is true for the 100+ I have with the addon xml method) is to provide the path to the parent folder for the scenery where the Scenery and Texture folders are the children.  There is rarely a need to provide separate paths for scenery and textures, such as FSDT does.  It is not necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dan.So has LM changed the way scenery the addon xml works in 4.1 .I am using the exact same p3dv4 addon folder as I was using with v4 and never had any problems with?

Mick Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick note,should there be a case of the same sceney in both the addon xml and scenery cfg ie I have JustSim - Varna Airport in both files and I have only used the addon xml route?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now