Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR releases San Diego v2 for P3dv4

11 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Done the default scenery loads properly no problem at all  and no signs of the version 1.x scenery. Once I reinstall v2 it crashes. I think I'll try to re download the package from sim-market. Maybe its a corrupted download. 

yes, that can be a reason, try re-downloading.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Yes I noticed that too, just to make sure I don't make things worse, are you suggesting that I add the components using the "Other addons" radio button in the Addon Organizer? I've not done this before with any of the other sceneries I have. 

It evidently works either way.  Not sure how and why.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

10 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You should also check to make sure you have disabled KSAN in MyTraffic6, if installed.

Hi Jim, I'm not sure I completely understand disabling KSAN in MyTraffic6...

Are you saying that if I have LatinVFR KSAN V2 and running MyTraffic6, with KSAN enabled, there is a possibility of CTD in P3DV4?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Sorry for the confusion.  No.  There is a possibility of elevation issues.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

12 hours ago, Jim Young said:

This was a known issue in V4.0.  It was fixed in V4.1, especially for Carenado aircraft. 

That’s interesting, i’m on 4.1 and have still had a few.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

That's not good.  The issue was definitely fixed for me after undating to 4.1 (well, so far no CTD with that module).  I just to get them constantly when using Carenado aircraft at certain airports.  Hope you can find a solution to your problem!!

Submit News to AVSIM

3 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Sorry for the confusion.  No.  There is a possibility of elevation issues.

Thanks Jim, I reread your post...I see that  now. Thanks for the clarification.

Take care,

Jeff

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Been using the previous version of KSAN for some time.  Orbx version is ok but being a native San Diegan, I felt LatinVFR gave a better representation of KSAN.  Orbx's was a tad too grey and dark in the overall "look" for my tastes.  Like the idea of turning off their photoreal too as I have my own custom PR of SoCal.

Will upgrade after a few of these minor issues mentioned above have been worked out. 

Kudos to Latin VFR for the rapid response.'

Clutch

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Ok I think I can finally update my issue as resolved. When I updated my drivers, I must have inadvertently installed geforce experience. I finally noticed that the gaming overlay was being launched every time I started the sim.  Now that i've removed it, I am having absolutely zero problems with this scenery. Thanks to the developer Ricardo and Jim for working for working with me to help me through a problem of my own making. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

23 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I see that is a lot of scenery but it won't be loading unless it has photoscenery.  Photoscenery loads no matter where in the world you are located and takes up resources.  Everything in the world/scenery/world folder loads too whether you want it to or not and Orbx likes to use that folder (hopefully they will get away from that in future upgrades).

I noticed the LVFR installer installed the addon.xml but it did not include the components to the scenery.  In the scenery directory, there is a Scripts and Texture folder.  Those components are added to the addon.xml for KSANv2. Make sure those components were added under Other Addons and then add the components to KSANv2.  This is how I was told this scenery has to be installed and I followed what FSDT had done when it installed their scenery (they have many more components!).

When I suggest renaming or deleting your p3D.cfg and restarting P3D so it can be rebuilt, it is just a test to make sure your settings or a setting or tweak in the P3D.cfg is not causing the issue.  If you continue to get the crash, then you can delete the rebuilt one and rename the p3d.cfg.off to p3d.cfg and start investigating for another reason for the crash.

Jim, let me get back on a response to that.

The addon.xml is only used and installed so that the main folder on which the scenery is installed can become activated int the scenery library. Once its active with its scenery and texture folder nothing else is required to be implemented on inside that addon.xml file other than the product path which is: ....\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\LatinVFR\San Diego_KSANv2

once that's active P"3d will assume the scenery and texture folder are there and nothing else needs to be added. That information is in the SDK section called "Addon instructions for developers" under "add-on directory structure"

I got a question on why my effects and other files are not referenced there, but they don't need to. Effects for example are assumed to always call the p3d/effects folder not any other folder outside of it.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Ok I think I can finally update my issue as resolved. When I updated my drivers, I must have inadvertently installed geforce experience. I finally noticed that the gaming overlay was being launched every time I started the sim.  Now that i've removed it, I am having absolutely zero problems with this scenery. Thanks to the developer Ricardo and Jim for working for working with me to help me through a problem of my own making. 

What exactly was the issue?  I am getting consistent crashes with KSAN v2 and also have GeForce Experience....are you saying the overlay is causing the CTD's?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I have that as well with no issues. Are those with the crash using reshade by any chance?

- Aaron

57 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

What exactly was the issue?  I am getting consistent crashes with KSAN v2 and also have GeForce Experience....are you saying the overlay is causing the CTD's?

In my case yes. Either that or the gpu overclocking utility  “o/c guru” But as you probably already know many there are too many different variables to consider. Different hardware, software, utilities etc. it’s just a process of elimination until you find what’s causing the issue. It’s not as bad as it used to be with the 32bit platforms. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

9 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

The addon.xml is only used and installed so that the main folder on which the scenery is installed can become activated int the scenery library. Once its active with its scenery and texture folder nothing else is required to be implemented on inside that addon.xml file other than the product path which is: ....\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\LatinVFR\San Diego_KSANv2

Thanks for your response.  I was just providing my input into the possibilities for the things that might be causing the crashes for a few members.  I'm honestly not that familiar with addon.xml's but only following the guidance in Oliver's Addon Organizer program at Lorby Si Forums here at AVSIM.  It appears on page 13 of his guide.  I have found that it works both ways, with just an addon.xml for the scenery and nothing else and with the setup as described on page 13 of the guide where he shows adding all of the components. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I have double taxi way signs and other double lines etc.  I attempted to disable bgl in MyTraffic6 but there is no KSAN in the folder.  Does anyone have any suggestions where the double bgl would be?

Thanks.