Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

CP down "Connection closed"

Funny how this event made me realize something. I had to go back to ezdok 1.18 for the time being. Suddenly my sim is stutter free and runs at about 15 fps average more with same PMDG 737 and other addons at the same exact airport. Also changing views seems so much smoother. 

They really need to improve performance with chaseplane. Too much unnecessary CPU overhead IMO. 

Questioning myself if the decision to choose CF over Ezdok2 was the right choice especially considering CF crashes every flight and sometimes CTDs the sim as well. Dang that well timed replay feature announcement with their sales. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, TheBoom said:

Suddenly my sim is stutter free and runs at about 15 fps average more

That's off-topic, but something seems to be seriously wrong with your system then. On my rig, Chaseplane takes between 0,2 and 1% cpu load, which isn't much.

It runs very smooth and I don't remember any crashes of P3D caused by Chaseplane or even crashes of the program itself.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Sebastian

1 hour ago, fly_edds said:

That's off-topic, but something seems to be seriously wrong with your system then. On my rig, Chaseplane takes between 0,2 and 1% cpu load, which isn't much.

It runs very smooth and I don't remember any crashes of P3D caused by Chaseplane or even crashes of the program itself.

Yeah I thought it was my system or P3D settings were too high. Kept reducing them to the same results. 

Doesn’t make sense that a 4.85ghz 6700k would struggle with medium autogen with only AS and CF running alongside. 

Now it definitely can’t be my system with the sim running so different just with the change from CF to ezca. Plus there are quite a few reports of people with the same symptoms/issues. Take Airbus_Fan above for example. 

I know it’s abit off topic but kinda relevant since going back to ezca highlighted the problem. Plus my post about this was basically ignored a month ago when I purchased CF. 

I had the same experience when I did some tests. Ezodk was using much less CPU and panning was smoother. You are tempting me to install again Ezdok and compare. I moved to CP mostly for the Cinematic mode and the ability to use my Xbox 360 wireless controller, also for their upcoming replay mode. Also CP support is exceptional if we exclude the server issue.

I remember reading or watching a video of Keven, admitting that the will optimize the performance in the future updates, but when this is gonna happen, who knows.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

7 hours ago, Ebs said:

Chaseplane *refuses* to work without an internet connection and comes back with 'connection closed' so this means I can't use P3D because I rely on Chaseplane so heavily for all my views.

1.  Uncheck start CP with P3D, manually start CP before starting P3D.

2.  P3D is still very usable without CP.

3.  It's still identified as Beta software and I didn't see any guarantees it will always work 24/7 (in fact just the opposite with numerous warnings about this being Beta software)

I do agree the CP server does seem rather weak in terms of connection stability and up time and I hope Keven can improve on that.  My company runs AWS servers but they are costly (up to $8000/mo with redundancy).  This may not be a viable option for Keven as there may not be enough revenue to support that kinda cost/redundancy in servers without increasing the price of CP, which would not be a great option for many end users. 

I think part of the problem here is that some users (not all) have become a little too reliant on Beta CP and have configured CP such that if it does go down they are semi-stuck (actually you can simply disable CP starting via the XML files and restore your original camera files and be up and running in 30 seconds).  Perhaps Keven should consider a "backup" option that restores default cameras when CP can't communicate with it's server(s) ... so P3D works "as is" just no CP functionality.

But if you look at how CP is designed, it's clearly aimed at "being connected" with camera settings shares in a user community and the like.

Cheers, Rob.

2 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

P3D is still very usable without CP.

Rob, of course P3D is 'usable' without Chaseplane. I'm just, as you say, heavily reliant on it. I spent a lot of time with all my planes setting up view presets and mapping them to hat switches. I don't use TrackIR anymore; the built in view system is a joke so Chaseplane is a 'necessity'.

I fully understand that it's Beta software and I accept that it comes with bugs and quirks. I've seen a few with Chaseplane but it's a solid program and does its job extremely well.

However (:biggrin:) the 'server-check on startup' is a showstopper and if everything else is working (installed properly, activated, presets setup etc etc.) and that server is down, then Chaseplane breaks and I think paying customers are well within their right to complain about this because if we didn't there'd be no 'offline' feature being worked on.

I'm all for periodically checking online for DRM reasons or community presets etc. but there absolutely must be a fallback solution. Not being able to access community presets is not a show-stopper, but completely disabling access to the application because a server is down most definitely is.

No doubt it's been an incredibly effective measure to combat piracy, but when it starts to affect legitimate customers that's where we've got to draw the line (see the ongoing DRM shenanigans in the games industry with regards to DENUVO etc.)

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

2 hours ago, TheBoom said:

Now it definitely can’t be my system with the sim running so different just with the change from CF to ezca

What's CF?

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

18 hours ago, tooting said:

its every other week mate, and when most people only have 2 days off a week its even more frustrating. 

huh  every  other  week  in the past year  its been  down  2  times  for  me, its not  the end of  the  world  as  some  users  make it  out  to be

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well this is strange, just seen this post. I fly everyday and have had no problems with Chaseplane at all, it's been working perfectly with full length video's to prove it.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

This has been discussed enough. I will not repeat myself, please go to this thread if you want more info on the topic.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42