aushie

GTN 650/750

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi.

I would think you need Flight 1 GTN  650 in you system then hit the button in realism options in the DC-6 , GTN750 is not in the options list as addon GPS/GTN unless its the same unit and i am miss understand you. as i dont have it .

Addon GPS options i see listed are Flight 1 GNS 430 , Flight 1 GTN650 or Reality-XP GNS 430..

Also going by the Panel folder PMDG have a GPS.cab file in the panel , so weather the Reality and Flight one put a cab in there or you have to i dont know , you would need to consult the install instructions for them units.,

Regards alan cottrill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SO666 said:

Hi.

I would think you need Flight 1 GTN  650 in you system then hit the button in realism options in the DC-6 , GTN750 is not in the options list as addon GPS/GTN unless its the same unit and i am miss understand you. as i dont have it .

Addon GPS options i see listed are Flight 1 GNS 430 , Flight 1 GTN650 or Reality-XP GNS 430..

Also going by the Panel folder PMDG have a GPS.cab file in the panel , so weather the Reality and Flight one put a cab in there or you have to i dont know , you would need to consult the install instructions for them units.,

Regards alan cottrill.

Thanks for the reply I have the GTN 650-750 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aushie said:

Thanks for the reply I have the GTN 650-750 

The one from Flight1 or the new one from RealityXP? The PMDG DC-6 supports (so far)  the GTN650 from Flight1 only. When you have the Flight1 GTN650, you should be able to select it via the realism-options (a 2D-panel that comes with the PMDG DC-6).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheFinn88 said:

The one from Flight1 or the new one from RealityXP? The PMDG DC-6 supports (so far)  the GTN650 from Flight1 only. When you have the Flight1 GTN650, you should be able to select it via the realism-options (a 2D-panel that comes with the PMDG DC-6).

Flight 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Flight1 GTN 650 installed in the pmdg dc-6,but haven't been able to control the autopilot feature...Anyone can help me on this one...I have attempted different settings of the Sperry A-12 autopilot control on the dc-6 and it doesn't work in NAV or GPS modes...I have used "FSC version 8 and the program  will guide the aircraft to various set VOR's...

 

Bob A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure that...

-- GTN 650 is set to GPS (toggle between GPS and VLOC using the CDI button on the default nav page - GPS will follow the GPS route, VLOC will tune the VOR set in NAV 1 on the GTN 650.  To track the VOR, you've also got to select a radial on the OBI gauge on the panel).

-- Autopilot gyro switch is on.

-- Autopilot mechanical disconnect (more accurately described as the clutch) is on - do this only after you've turned the autopilot gyro on)

-- Three-position selector on top of the autopilot set to Localizer (use this setting even if you're tracking the GPS course - use Gyropilot only as a wing leveler/altitude hold, or to select a compass course using the steering knob; use Approach only to tune an ILS, with the ILS tuned on the GTN's NAV 1 and the GTN's CDI set to VLOC).  

Hope that helps.  Sorry that it's a lot of information in a compact couple of lines.  There's more detail about the autopilot controls in the PMDG documentation, and you can find Garmin manuals via the Internet (and tutorials on YouTube) that will fill you in on GTN settings, and other tricks to make it dance.

Let us know if this gets you going.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now