Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Gibraltar professional available now

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I am just wondering how many times pilots have heard: Go around people on the runway were too slow and lazzy to vacate!

Simbol

Those boarder guards are known to draw their guns quite quickly, and people tend to move much quicker after a warning shot ;)

Just now, Woozie said:

Those boarder guards are known to draw their guns quite quickly, and people tend to move much quicker after a warning shot ;)

lol really? only in spain!

This airport really is something else!

I always find it a bit scary to cross a railroad intersection looking left and right more than once even when the light is green so I can only imagine how many times I would look left and right crossing an active runway :laugh:

Richard Åsberg

Just now, simbol said:

lol really? only in spain!

Not sure about the warning shots, but there where a few incidents with drawn guns when Gibraltar was in a lockdown state shortly after the brexit vote ;)

Just now, WebMaximus said:

I always find it a bit scary to cross a railroad intersection looking left and right more than once even when the light is green so I can only imagine how many times I would look left and right crossing an active runway :laugh:

Imagine being the Pilot!!!

Copilot: We have a tourist with a camera on center line..

Pilot: Ah? where.

Copilot: There!

Pilot: Not anymore... oops!

1 minute ago, WebMaximus said:

I crossed it a few times already, by car and on foot, its quite special indeed :) Felt much safer in a car though ;)

• Upvote 1

There was an incident earlier this year when Gibraltar Police stopped an Airbus A400M from taking off by blocking the runway crossing with their vehicles. It ended up with a good ol' standoff lasting 2 hours....its always a bit anarchy there, due to the ongoing tensions between UK and Spain in regards to Gibraltar. 

This is also why the 09 Visual approach requires a crazy tight 90 degree turn just before the runway....Spain threatens to shoot down every airplane bound for LXGB that enter spanish military airspace.....

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Imagine being the Pilot!!!

Copilot: We have a tourist with a camera on center line..

Pilot: Ah? where.

Copilot: There!

Pilot: Not anymore... oops!

If I had to pick one I would prefer being the pilot rather than the poor guy who was on the runway...

10 minutes ago, Woozie said:

I crossed it a few times already, by car and on foot, its quite special indeed :) Felt much safer in a car though ;)

That's cool! I can imagine it must be a very special feeling and I hope I'll have the chance to experience it myself one day.

3 minutes ago, Woozie said:

There was an incident earlier this year when Gibraltar Police stopped an Airbus A400M from taking off by blocking the runway crossing with their vehicles. It ended up with a good ol' standoff lasting 2 hours....its always a bit anarchy there, due to the ongoing tensions between UK and Spain in regards to Gibraltar. 

This is also why the 09 Visual approach requires a crazy tight 90 degree turn just before the runway....Spain threatens to shoot down every airplane bound for LXGB that enter spanish military airspace.....

Sometimes I think the world we live in mostly resembles a kindergarten for grown-ups.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Those screen shots remind me of why I would never buy anything from Aerosoft. You guys know the story of the Emperors new cloths right?

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

It did not look that bad to me. Maybe v4 is better? I'll post some pics after I download and install.

I'll look forward to that Jose

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Maybe that's in an alternative product: Gibraltar Unprofessional :biggrin:

Only if you fly there with the CRJ. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

You forget to mention the UK nuclear rocket tubes stationed down ther under the rock.....  It's only recently you can use lemg for an alternate you used to have to use tangier or agadir.  

In the 8 years I worked at easyJet I dont think I  ever once manually  flight planned to arrive on 9, but I've lost count of the number of diversions into Malaga and Tangiers due vis and having to bus 2 loads of punters to and from GIB. 

Not to mention the amount of times the GIB rated skippers went sick or fatigued for it 2 hours before report time. The place is a pain the  booty

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I'll look forward to that Jose

Howard,

Bottom of page 2 ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, SierraDelta said:

Howard,

Bottom of page 2 ...

Thanks matey. It does look like an improved Rock. Not at my rig for a few days but can't wait to install this baby 😜

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

41 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Those screen shots remind me of why I would never buy anything from Aerosoft. You guys know the story of the Emperors new cloths right?

I wouldn't stay away from everything over at Aerosoft.

The products developed by Jo Erland as mentioned previously are really nice IMO. Check them out if you haven't already and if any of those destinations are of interest to you depending on where you normally do your flying.

Mostly Norwegian airports (or maybe even all of them when I think about it). Have asked Jo more than once to expand his geographical area a bit. No luck so far but I keep hoping :biggrin:

Richard Åsberg