Sign in to follow this  
Julien H

[VATSIM] What have I done wrong?

Ridiculous back-and-forth at this point, sadly. 

HighTowers's post is the one the OP should take to heart....solid advice all around. 

• Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I think a lot of things have been established.  Don't worry, help is on the way.

:)

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Well, no one is "low balling". You clearly have issues with Pilots (real or simmer), and I think we have established why.

Yep come into OCC anytime you'll see why within 30 mins I'll guarantee it. 

14ppkc-6.png

31 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

Ridiculous back-and-forth at this point, sadly. 

HighTowers's post is the one the OP should take to heart....solid advice all around. 

Very true, @HighTowers is really the kind of people I like when going online (on the internet in general), and knowing there are people like that on Vatsim encouraged me!

Next, I couldn't see it before, but at least @tooting you answered my question "What have I done wrong?". However you could have said it in a different way, and maybe explaining if that's not too much asking. I'm not an airplane pilot, yet I've always been fascinated by them, so much that I am now into an engineering school. Also, I've started to take flight lessons to get PPL.

I ADMIT, I mistaken (a lot), I shouldn't have gone to Gatwick. The reason I have been there though was: a) When flying offline, I try to respect the procedures and everything, and I was kinda used to the location of the taxiways, terminals and all. b) There was not a lot of people. Actually we were about 5-6, and except this, everything else went okay. c) I have done two other flights before, on small  and  medium airports, controlled or not, and it was all good, so I wanted to know what being on a big airport felt like. And flying to Nantes is not like there was a lot of traffic.

To conclude, tooting maybe instead of telling people what's wrong, you could tell and explain how to get better? New "pilots" on VATSIM are all asking for this. Don't get me wrong, I read a lot of tutorials, all the VATSIM documentation, analysed and rephrased them, but you cannot know everything. I'm actually serious, not joking around, trying to follow the procedures as much as possible, being polite and taking care of what I'm doing. Again, I'm not a professional pilot, just someone who try to practice his hobby and make a part of his dreams coming true. I hope VATSIM is not going to be too professional however, because there is a huge difference between passionnated and professional pilots. Even for an ATC, I think it would be very pleasant to control all the traffic perfectly, but boring if noone ever made a mistake. For professionnal pilots however, there's PilotEdge.net.

Wishing you all the best, and thanks to everyone for being supportive. :)

By the way, I don't even understand that...

5. your flightplan you filed was at fl300  you need an odd level for CFMU compliance entering LFFF as there a RAD/CDR on that route a better flightlevel would have been as below at fl250

Edited by Starbird
Don't get it
  • Upvote 6

In other news: Have you heard of wave-particle duality? It is actually a paradox in quantum mechanics which is seen when electrons demonstrate interference (which is charactaristic for wave functions) when passing a double-slit

The point here is more or less that a particle's  momentum can not be determined until you actually measure this. However the actual measurement is affecting the outcome, and had you NOT measured/observed the particle , it would have behaved differently.

Thank you for your attention.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

16 minutes ago, Starbird said:

your flightplan you filed was at fl300  you need an odd level for CFMU compliance entering LFFF as there a RAD/CDR on that route a better flightlevel would have been as below at fl250

LFFF is the French Upper Information Region (basically FL195 and upwards)
RAD = route availablity document
CDR = Conditional route

Probably your route was not available at the requested FL, as tooting pointed out.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

So what I've learned is who to look for online now when filling BEV22 (callsign-Speedeasyvirgin) an A319 EGLL-KSEA yeah that's direct, departing at 0100z FL220. 🤤 

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, tooting said:

You singed up to be a pilot it's your job. If you don't want to do it and come home each night be a hero become a doctor in the nhs or a unionist train driver for Southern.  I've no sympathy for you.  None. you signed up for it.   I spend 10 years as crew In hotel bars listening you pilots trying get out of work. 

Hell yeah I did! I love my job. Even all the tiring decision making. However, you being unbelievably word not allowed about something yoiu have no idea about makes you look really really misinformed. Not one person on here has been condescending towards your profession. But you have some score to settle with pilots. If anyone is complaining....its you.

We don't have a caustic relationship between pilots and OCC at my shop. Maybe you guys need to look at how you are treating the pilots as a company. Maybe they won't be so angry and vice versa....who knows.

You're better than this...

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

this one has run it's course....

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors