Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Drzewiecki Design Seattle and Seattle Airports X releasing tomorrow!

15 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

Here's my landing at BFI after a short ferry from RNT.

I'm sorry but I am not impressed at all by the scenery in this video, like the above user said, it could be because he has the demo/ or low settings, but it doesn't look good, not at all like the screenshots on SimMarket. 

One last video depicting a ferry flight from PAE to BFI.  I took a lot of liberties with the route to show the entirety of the city and the airports.  My autogen was set to normal and FPS stayed above 30.  DD has done an amazing job yet again, and I look forward to more!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

13 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I'm sorry but I am not impressed at all by the scenery in this video, like the above user said, it could be because he has the demo/ or low settings, but it doesn't look good, not at all like the screenshots on SimMarket. 

I set autogen to normal

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

The city of Seattle is now available.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Not new.  Got Seattle City yesterday.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, Montie said:

Is it heavy on the frames?

The airports certainly aren't, don't have the city so I can't say.

9 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

You actually do not as the full version installs the same files. :gaul:

That is assuming that you install the full version... :happy:

Bert

Were the pauses the result of the video or in the actual sim?

Are there night textures with the Seattle City?

Greetings All,

Running to a bit of trouble and hoping someone can help me out.

I downloaded the Seattle X Demo and liked it enough to buy the Seattle Airports.
After the uninstall of the demo at start up P3D v4 is continually telling me the demo files are not there and do I want to unload the area. I say yes but it the library entry stays. Issue is the library entry for Seattle Demo is greyed out and I can not delete it.

Steps taken:

- Deleted Seattle demo files from Addon Scenery
- Removed "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Drzewiecki Design\SeattleXDemo" with regedit
- Manually edited Scenery.cfg and Scenery.xml to remove Seattle Demo

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

D-Man
Lake Tapps WA.

1 hour ago, Montie said:

Is it heavy on the frames?

See my post above with the FSUIPC5 log showing FPS while going to downtown Seattle and all of the airports -

.  My p3d.cfg settings are set at max on the first and second page of p3d.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 minutes ago, D-man said:

Issue is the library entry for Seattle Demo is greyed out and I can not delete it.

Did you go to Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and delete the entry there?  I have found that the Addon Organizer does not remove them as I have the old versions still there when I want to update to the latest version.  It was removed from the Addon Organizer though.  Cannot see how that could affect your issue though.

I would also go to MyApps/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/add-ons.xml.  Open with Notepad+++ and remove the entry there if it is there.

I would also delete the facilities, resources, and sceneryindexes_x64 folders in the same location as your scenery.cfg.  They will be rebuilt.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I am having elevation issues at Renton (KRNT).  Orbx PNW and Taxi2Gate KSEA installed.  SeattleX is located at the top of the scenery.  Here is an image.  Everything is on the right elevation except the wasser (er., the water).  So far, this is the only airport giving me issues.

2017-12-9_12-49-55-393.png

Disabled PNW and their elevation bgl for KRNT in Scenery/World/Scenery = worse

Disabled just the elevation bgl for KRNT in Scenery/World/Scenery = water okay but aircraft sunken

2017-12-9_11-20-2-429.png

Submit News to AVSIM

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Did you go to Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and delete the entry there?.........

Best regards,
Jim

Thanks Jim..
Your suggestions did the trick!

And for everyone else... I have to say installing both the Seattle Airports and the Seattle City scenery is like buying FPS along with great scenery! Fist time ever I flown into Seattle and gotten a up tick in FPS (+10-12 FPS from before install).

Only issue I have is the Ceder River along KRNT is raised as Jim noted above. But otherwise outstanding job Drzewiecki Design. Your use of Ortho and well constructed buildings is the right approach to current flight sim scenery design no doubt! 

Cheers all,
D-Man

• Upvote 2

Only issue I have is the Ceder River along KRNT is raised as Jim noted above

Lowering the mesh resolution to 38m resolved that for me.  19m and higher created problems.

Rich

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case