Sign in to follow this  
captaincupcake

SHUT DOWN DUE TO MEMORY

I'm sure this has been asked several times but if anyone can help I'd be more than grateful.

I have spent a lot of money and time to get FSX but am seriously thinking of selling everything and giving up.

No matter what I do my system shuts down with a message telling me I'm out of available memory.

I'm running in Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4 GHZ  with 32Gb of installed RAM so it's a fairly powerful computer.

I am so disheartened with this whole syste and beginning to wish I'd not bought the programmes etc i have. Any help and advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yep.. asked a lot. :-)    You mentioned your system, can I assume that your OS is 64-bit?

If that's the case then it's a matter of determining what add-on, scenery, aircraft, etc. that you're attempting to fly with.  Especially photoreal, since it gets loaded even if you aren't flying near the area.

If you have the payware version of FSUIPC then I would suggest enabling VAS monitoring.  If you don't have the paid version, then here's one from spilfred.com that will use the freeware version of FSUIPC4.

That will help you understand where all of your Virtual Address Space is going.  Remember, you only have 4 GB max on a 64-bit OS, even less on a 32-bit.

You will have to make compromises due to FSX being a 32-bit application. 

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

you havnt  mentioned   what settings  you got  your  sliders  set  at, if  you got  it  set  to 100%   in all of  them  than  you will always  get  oom.  Try   setting  them  to 50 %   than see  how  you go

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

See the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide and AVSIM CTD Guide (links in my signature) regarding out of memory errors.  The CTD Guide provides info on how to monitor the amount of member remaining during a flight using the FSUIPC utility.  This is a problem with Microsoft Windows in that Microsoft gives everyone who has a 64 bit operating system only 4 GB's of virtual address space (VAS) for each 32-bit application like FSX .  PMDG provides some guidance in their Introduction manuals for their aircraft regarding VAS too (about page 21).  There is tons of information.  It is impossible to fix as long as you have a 32 bit application. 

I can still get 1-2 hour flights with the PMDG 737 with real weather.  On a flight from KSFO to KSAN in the PMDG 738, with real weather, Orbx SoCal and Orbx KSAN, I had 309MB's of VAS remaining on landing and at the end of the flight.  Still enough to taxi to gate and dump, I mean, allow the virtual passengers to depart.  Here is the FSUIPC log:

Minimum frame rate was 11.0 fps, Maximum was 89.5 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 309Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 3164 secs = 28.4 fps
G3D fix: Passes 556509, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 18, Separate instances 6
Maximum AI traffic for session was 294 aircraft
Memory managed: 1484 Allocs, 1484 Freed

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Don't give up!  Get P3d v4.1 and you will be a happy simmer again.  I did.   That's the future, and I'm convinced of it.

Stan