Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Zibo 737 = Amazing!

I've been away from XP11 for about 6 months.  I am a long time user and love XP. But ever since the the 64bit P3D was released I've neglected XP11 somewhat. I was surfing the XP org site and came across the zibo mod. All I can say is wow! Its by far the best free addon available for any simulator platform ( Just my opinion )

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Pete,

Merry Christmas mate,

just for the sake of interest, How would you compare this with the PMDG or Ifly 737 and what model is it?

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Pete,

Merry Christmas mate,

just for the sake of interest, How would you compare this with the PMDG or Ifly 737 and what model is it?

Regards

Tony

It's a 737-800. It's not as sophisticated as the PMDG or iFly offerings but it is much cheaper.(FREE) This guy took the default airplane from XP11 and then modified the FMC to add many of the functions of the real aircraft. I believed he also modified the flight model. It's a continuous work in progress. They also did a custom sound pack for it which is very good. It's worth the time to download and install.

NAX669.png

Mike,

Thanks mate, 

Fore me XP11 is a work in progress but I have already downloaded the Zibo but have not yet flown it.

I was really just after exactly the information you have just given me. Thank you very much 

Merry Christmas

Tony

• Upvote 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Yeah....I am floored by Zibo's and his friends who are doing the FMOD and RGpack etc.  The update is almost everyday but it is super easy to install.  Just drag folder and viola new version. 

3.23C was out yesterday and today 3.23D.  All the releases are bug fixing and improvement.

This is happening even on Christmas Eve.

PS - I just got X-plane 11 like 3 days ago and this is only aircraft I am playing with it.  So far quite impressive. 

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Having heard about this aircraft for some time but not having the time to investigate it further (and to be honest, having the feeling that the precious little time I get to fligh sim these days I souldn't invest it in freeware that most probably just is sub par).

So I finally decided to try it. Got the sound mod and terrain mod as well. Man I was wrong in my suspicion it would be sub par! There can be absolutely no doubt this wonderful piece of digital aircraft is of payware quality. In fact, I have bought aircraft that doesn't compete with this. It is well worth the time invested even if it seems it has a couple of rough edges. Two things I've noted:

1. Changing the cruise altitude during flight seems to mess up the calculated time to T/D calculation something fierce. I made a 1000NM hop last night and according to the FMC we would reach T/D about an hour and a half after touchdown.. :blink:

2. I flew into some turbulent air triggering the aircraft to quickly move the throttles up and down (so fast in fact that the net difference in thrust was about negligible. 

Go get it. Really worth it. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12