Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Best way watching replays in P3Dv4

I'm looking for the best way to watch replays in P3Dv4.

I'm doing all my flying in the PMDG NGX so the method needs to be able to handle the NGX properly with flaps, spoilers, gear etc. The default replay feature in P3Dv4 as we all know won't allow you to see flaps movement during replays for example.

I've tried a software called Flight Control Replay Professional but I never managed to get this software to work correctly so I'm now looking for something else/better. I've used FS Recorder in the past which also came with its limitations but all in all I think it was working quite well although it was a bit cumbersome to use.

I heard Chase Plane comes with a replay feature. Anyone tried that out with the NGX? I've heard lots of good things it but since I'm primarily interested in a replay feature rather than setting up lots of different camera views maybe there's something even better out there I overlooked.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Richard Åsberg

Short answer is...there isn't anything which currently does what you are looking for.

Chaseplane is not optimised for recording the animations on PMDG aircraft and won't be until Keven is able to work with PMDG to sort that out.  

I was afraid that was going to be the answer but thanks for confirming. 

Richard Åsberg

Waking this one up again because I'm quite surprised no developer has seen the chance yet so make some really good money developing a replay software that actually works in modern simulators and with modern a/c.

People has been asking for this for many, many years by now and the only software I've seen lately is the one mentioned in my initial post which in my experience doesn't work very well at all.

Come on developers, see your chance to make some money here and provide the community with one of the most asked for features!

Richard Åsberg

Robert Randazzo made a passing comment last week about how he really liked replays (or something to that effect).  I asked him whether he was working with Keven (Chaseplane) to optimize Chaseplane to record PMDG animations.  He didn't respond to my question.  I have a sneaky suspicion  that PMDG may themselves may be working on a recorder feature specific to their aircraft.  Might be wrong. 

Quite a thing really, after all the years and the vast array of complicated addons we have now. No one has ever managed to make a decent replay programme

Bit of a hole in the market

12 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

Quite a thing really, after all the years and the vast array of complicated addons we have now. No one has ever managed to make a decent replay programme

Bit of a hole in the market

The hole has only existed for a few years (on P3D)   FSRecorder still works as well as it always did - but on FSX

FSrecorder als works in P3D v3. You just need to install the correct version.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Love to have Chaseplane making the job including those special effects from FSFX packages showing up

Love those effects but forgets to make the view outside.

Lots of fellow simmers  would make cool videos for sure

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Love to have Chaseplane making the job including those special effects from FSFX packages showing up

Love those effects but forgets to make the view outside.

Lots of fellow simmers  would make cool videos for sure

Thanks

Michael Moe

One of my favourite things to do was to take-off or land my PMDG aircraft and then watch the playback,  Sometimes, that's all I would do.  It's a spotters nirvana to be the subject of your own spotting.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

FSrecorder als works in P3D v3. You just need to install the correct version.

Chris, I tried it once but the animations on the PMDG aircraft didn't work very well. I remember my wheels constantly turning, even when the aircraft was stationary.

I would love to see a good replay app/feature.  With the ability to SAVE your replay to some sort of universal-type file (maybe mp3?) so that it could be saved and viewed later.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Iam still looking for a decent replay program, can anyone tell me wich one is the best at the moment?

thanks

It doesn't exist yet.  Complex aircraft like PMDG animate badly or have other visual anomalies which make a playback completely useless.