Sign in to follow this  
HollandBoy

Looking for a printed 737 QRH

Hi all,

Some years ago PMDG offered printed manuals (FCOM, FCTM and QRH) for their NGX. I’ve been looking all over the web for a real QRH, but haven’t been successful as of yet. I think it would make a nice addition to my home cockpit so I thought perhaps someone here has one lying around gathering dust. I do have a few real QRH’s in digital PDF form but it would probably be wildly expensive to print all 424 pages myself, and besides, I don’t know what paper size they’re printed on and in what binder size they are placed. 

So, any suggestions? Anyone have an old QRH lying around?

many thanks,

Stefan

I was asking myself the same question since I wanted to get the QRH for the 74. Sadly they don't seem to be selling printed manuals anymore, despite having the word "manuals" in their company name...

I have printed out the DC-6 POH myself and put it into a respective binder. Works quite well as a reference but for a QRH you really need those bookmarks and sections for quick access.

If I remember correctly, PMDG provides one in their documentation. What you could always do is go to your nearest office supply or Fedex store and have them print it out for you. At my local store, it usually costs around 50-75 cents per page, less if you don’t need it to be in color.

6 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

go to your nearest office supply or Fedex store and have them print it out for you

The 737 QRH is copyrighted. Don't print it out.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, pcubine said:

The 737 QRH is copyrighted. Don't print it out.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. My bad...

Well, there is an advantage to having it in digital form - the search function makes quick work searching for a particular term.

Mark

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, mtrainer said:

Well, there is an advantage to having it in digital form - the search function makes quick work searching for a particular term.

Mark

That's true, but IMO nothing beats flipping open an actual manual, checking the table of contents or index and flipping through beautiful pages of data and information yourself. :)

• Like 1

Hello,  On reading the Post, I opened the PMDG Folder 737ngx/Manuals and the manuals were there in PDF format.  Hope that helps.  Richard Welsh

20 minutes ago, richard welsh said:

Hello,  On reading the Post, I opened the PMDG Folder 737ngx/Manuals and the manuals were there in PDF format.  Hope that helps.  Richard Welsh

True, but they can not printed due to copyright!

MOD NOTE:

Thread moved to proper subforum. Please place threads in the proper subforum, as is relevant to the topic at hand.

Kyle Rodgers

First, you can find real QRH's on eBay. For example, here https://www.ebay.com/itm/B737-300-400-500-Quick-Reference-Handbook-Higher-Power-Aviation-QRH-Like-NEW/132433811802?hash=item1ed5ab995a:g:4U0AAOSwY~1aMZ73&vxp=mtr

and 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ze-119-737-Quick-Reference-Handbook-Boeing-Airplane-Pilot-Plastic-Spiral-Bound/122695940181?hash=item1c913f7855:g:gQcAAOSwD6xZsvui&vxp=mtr

Second, the manuals are definitely copyrighted (principally by Boeing), but I seem to remember reading an email from the CEO that it was OK to print one copy. Of course, he may have been shot down by Boeing, or I may be mis-remembering, or it may only have applied to the material written by PMDG itself. 

Finally, the printed spiral bound version is definitely easier to use than a self-printed one. The paper size is not standard, and the spiral binding and tabs are very nice. If you do print, I recommend black and white. Only a few pages benefit from color. Good luck.

14 minutes ago, Reegor said:

Second, the manuals are definitely copyrighted (principally by Boeing), but I seem to remember reading an email from the CEO that it was OK to print one copy. Of course, he may have been shot down by Boeing, or I may be mis-remembering, or it may only have applied to the material written by PMDG itself. 

The Manuals can't be printed at all this is why they are locked.

Please sign your real name, first and last as per forum regulations.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

5 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

The Manuals can't be printed at all this is why they are locked.

I recall the 737 QRH isn't for some reason. The 747 and 777 ones are but not the 737, not sure why it isn't.

12 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I recall the 737 QRH isn't for some reason. The 747 and 777 ones are but not the 737, not sure why it isn't.

Same here, i can print all NGX-documents, not only the QRH:blush:

• Upvote 2