Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

MadDog update from Facebook

9 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

If vatsim had more coverage, or the default atc was good, or pilot edge had more coverage and didn't cost as much, I'd probably be fine flying any type of airplane anywhere. But I usually find myself bored after a couple months unless I can follow along in real time as I described because my flight sim world is empty except for my airplane.

Agee with all the above reverence ATC add-ons .

Vic green

11 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

If vatsim had more coverage, or the default atc was good, or pilot edge had more coverage and didn't cost as much, I'd probably be fine flying any type of airplane anywhere. But I usually find myself bored after a couple months unless I can follow along in real time as I described because my flight sim world is empty except for my airplane.

I fly on Pilotedge whenever I can.  They have expanded their coverage quite a lot and the experience of having real ATC is unmatched.

You should try their 14days for free anyway. You'll find it's a lot of fun and a real challenge.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I fly on Pilotedge whenever I can.  They have expanded their coverage quite a lot and the experience of having real ATC is unmatched.

You should try their 14days for free anyway. You'll find it's a lot of fun and a real challenge.

I watch a variety of flight sim streams to get an idea about products I am looking to buy, and for the money PE charges each month, they do not have enough controllers. I see streamers sitting on the ground at Vegas for example, and on the same frequency is someone calling for clearance at Los Angeles. One streamer departed slc and the same controller controlled every frequency to sfo. Then you get the same controller for approach and departure and center. If they had more controllers I'd think about it. At most I see 3, max, controllers controlling every frequency of their coverage. It seems confusing too, listening to traffic but they are hundreds of miles away at a different area. The idea of having professional controllers and no trolls like vatsim sounds great but in practice so far I am hesitant. Maybe a big streamer that has a lot of ideas about development of the flight sim community like Matt Davies can join with PE and get them to expand.

30 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

I watch a variety of flight sim streams to get an idea about products I am looking to buy, and for the money PE charges each month, they do not have enough controllers. I see streamers sitting on the ground at Vegas for example, and on the same frequency is someone calling for clearance at Los Angeles. One streamer departed slc and the same controller controlled every frequency to sfo. Then you get the same controller for approach and departure and center. If they had more controllers I'd think about it. At most I see 3, max, controllers controlling every frequency of their coverage. It seems confusing too, listening to traffic but they are hundreds of miles away at a different area. The idea of having professional controllers and no trolls like vatsim sounds great but in practice so far I am hesitant. Maybe a big streamer that has a lot of ideas about development of the flight sim community like Matt Davies can join with PE and get them to expand.

I can see where you're coming from.  I love PE though.  And I fly only the socal area.  You can either chose socal, or western USA, or both.  Most of the tube pilots fly both I've noticed... But if you are short on cash just fly western US.  There's still a TON of routes to be flown, challenging approaches etc.  If you want to be realistic it's still far better than vatsim, where the center controller gives you your clearance at a busy class B airport.  (unless you hit an event like FNO)... not to mention quality of service.  As for radio comms and 1-2 controllers.  Again, I can see that point of view too.  Though in real life an en route controller will have multiple frequencies spanning many square miles (sometimes hundreds).  You'll hear the same voices especially at night or during Winter months for slower areas.  Even where I work at a small tower/tracon we can combine clearance, ground, local then radar has 5 freqs all worked by two guys.  I hear ya about the money.  I joined super early on so it's only 15 bucks/month for me.  I think their typical price is 20 per area, or 40 if you run everything.  I spent 20 bucks at a restaurant last week eating alone!  (I rarely go out to eat lol)

You could be the best sim pilot in the world, but if you're not flying with human ATC, you're not getting the most realistic experience.  I see some of these you tube guys just crushing serious addons (Q400, NG, FSL etc) but hardly anyone flies with human ATC - it really keeps you on your toes!  Not to mention, you could practice emergencies with ATC as well...  isn't that why people spend 150 bucks on serious addons?  So you can simulate every emergency under the sun hehe!

Have you tried the PE trial?  2 weeks to test it out.  Works with every sim and a variety of OS's (except FSW)

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I can see where you're coming from.  I love PE though.  And I fly only the socal area.  You can either chose socal, or western USA, or both.  Most of the tube pilots fly both I've noticed... But if you are short on cash just fly western US.  There's still a TON of routes to be flown, challenging approaches etc.  If you want to be realistic it's still far better than vatsim, where the center controller gives you your clearance at a busy class B airport.  (unless you hit an event like FNO)... not to mention quality of service.  As for radio comms and 1-2 controllers.  Again, I can see that point of view too.  Though in real life an en route controller will have multiple frequencies spanning many square miles (sometimes hundreds).  You'll hear the same voices especially at night or during Winter months for slower areas.  Even where I work at a small tower/tracon we can combine clearance, ground, local then radar has 5 freqs all worked by two guys.  I hear ya about the money.  I joined super early on so it's only 15 bucks/month for me.  I think their typical price is 20 per area, or 40 if you run everything.  I spent 20 bucks at a restaurant last week eating alone!  (I rarely go out to eat lol)

You could be the best sim pilot in the world, but if you're not flying with human ATC, you're not getting the most realistic experience.  I see some of these you tube guys just crushing serious addons (Q400, NG, FSL etc) but hardly anyone flies with human ATC - it really keeps you on your toes!  Not to mention, you could practice emergencies with ATC as well...  isn't that why people spend 150 bucks on serious addons?  So you can simulate every emergency under the sun hehe!

Have you tried the PE trial?  2 weeks to test it out.  Works with every sim and a variety of OS's (except FSW)

I have not tried the trial. If I get the Flight1 GTN that I've been saving up for sometime this spring then I am going to try it. PE does look fun. My flight simming experience currently is pretty realistic. As I said on an earlier post, I use liveatc.net so I am hearing the real atc for the flight I am flying and following. PE is better for just getting up and flying any random route. Problem is I had to cut back my flight sim budget since last year I do not make the money I used to.

I have only the PMDG 777 in P3D and flysimware Learjet 35 (but no GTN yet) I am also saving up for the PMDG 737. I could go for the Q400 because the P3Dv4 upgrade for the Pro version is around 30 dollars.

As I said though I am having fun using liveatc, and it has almost full coverage of the areas that Pilot Edge covers.

Thank you Alex very nice.

Did he set the v-speeds? I am sure I have heard them being called out?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You can adjust your AI slider when on Vatsim to see other aircraft, now you don't know if they are AI or other Vatsim pilots so its best to use sparingly unless you are really alone out there but it helps add to the realism in a sometimes lonely Vatsim world.  I usually run Vatspy on a second computer so I have a general idea if I have my AI on where the Vatsim aircraft are, how many on the ground, stage of flight etc.  At a busy airport I will turn AI to zero, makes no sense to keep it on.  What would be great is if someone could figure out how to put a small tag on the AI planes and the Vatsim planes so you can tell the difference.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

22 hours ago, Alexx Pilot said:

Looks good!

Does anybody happen to know if there is a plan for a higher resolution / less compression / stereo etc, sound set from the developer? To my ears the sounds are exactly the same as they do in the FS2004/FSX-version - just as low res and mono.

Hi...

I haven't noticed - but in my humble opinion - the TSS guys are the gold standard by which all other sounds should be measured - perhaps - given the popularity - they will join forces or provide an aftermarket solution ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

34 minutes ago, kristolz said:

Looks good!

Does anybody happen to know if there is a plan for a higher resolution / less compression / stereo etc, sound set from the developer? To my ears the sounds are exactly the same as they do in the FS2004/FSX-version - just as low res and mono.

I agree. That's been my concern watching the previews is that they're recycling the same sound set while other developers have come a long way in the past 10 years or however long it's been.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kristolz said:

Looks good!

Can't exactly say about plans but were made improvements to the cockpit sounds like conditioning, fans etc...

Anyway, as they said, all sounds will be individually adjustable from the Load Manager setup.

2 hours ago, kristolz said:

Sembra buono!

Qualcuno capisce se c'è un piano per una risoluzione più alta / meno compressione / stereo etc, set di suoni dallo sviluppatore? Per le mie orecchie, i suoni sono esattamente gli stessi della versione di FS2004 / FSX - proprio come low res e mono.

The sounds are those that really feel a pilot in cockpit md82 (no 88 or 90), have been adjusted and in some elements replaced, but always the cockpit, not what feels the pax of the row 34.
The sounds are all adjustable from setup in load manager

Greetings

I've jumpseated on the MD-80. You hardly hear the engines at all up there and even the wind sound is incredibly quiet. You pretty much just hear the hum of the instruments/gyros and air conditioning the whole flight. The Leonardo sounds were/still are realistic. 

Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV