Sign in to follow this  

Never assume, always prepare

Mistakes happen, but they can be mitigated with due diligence ... and that can be taught on a simulator without risk and minimal cost, doesn't matter who you are nor how much flight experience you have.

Cheers, Rob .

Add one more lesson to those, Rob.

• Use of a spell-checker should be made mandatory for people posting anything on the Web.

Some of the captions in those clips were cringe-worthy.

• Upvote 2

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Now that's what I call a "ballanced" reply, Tony :happy: Yes, the video is great, but the spelling was indeed lacking in places.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Spelling notwithstanding, these clips are downright scary. How did some of these people get the OK to take control of these planes?

Mario Di Lauro

Just as there are good drivers and poor drivers on our roads, Mario. Most do get a license but once that is handed out a good proportion of them end up being terrible drivers in practice and a very real road menace. I guess it's the same for PPL holders; and a car can kill you just as easily as an airplane can but just not as spectacularly.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Nice video, kept showing in my recommended videos but never watched it until now. :-)

Can't believe that guy did a go-around after belly striking the runway?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

That was a painful watch: so much wasted aluminum. And, poor cat.

Does this mean flying cars are not "right around the corner."?

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I would highly recommend the AOPA accident investigation videos on Youtube.  It is just incredible how pilots, many of whom have thousands of hours of experience on a particular plane, get into trouble in various ways that unfortunately cost them their lives.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000