Sign in to follow this  
vollmey

www.flightaware.com - Hardcore pilots READ THIS

Fellow Hard Core Pilots:I don't know how many of you already know of this VALUABLE FREE resource available to us, but for those of you who demand real world flight plans and operations, this is THE website for you.Fight Aware allows you to check real airlines' flight plans between destinations to and from the United States. Many flight plans from the US to transoceanic destination include not only the overland route but also the current NAT being used.Addtionally, charts are available for just about EVERY major US airport including SIDs, STARs, Terminal Charts, etc. Also up-to-date airport NOTAMS, METAR, REMARKS, et all.For those of you using a flight planner where you can copy and paste a route including SIDs, STARs, routing by airway, etc such as FSBUILD, it is easy to get an accurate route in place. AND for preflight purposes the current METAR is displayed to be compared with your weather engine to ensure accuracy.There are more features also to discover including historical flight plan data that can be tweaked and imported into FSBUILD. For those of you looking for flightplans, flying for a virtual airline, mimicing real world flight ops, Flight Aware is a must have tool!Have fun!

Just finished fsbuilding a flight for this weekend taken from Flightaware - great resource :)No more checking Airline websites for flight numbers and equipment types since I first discovered FA.Now all I need is updated AIRAC data for my FMCs.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Maul

Not to plug the virtual airline I'm apart of, but Simulated Southwest has had a link to that website for sometime and I was amazed when I found out it was free!! I get all my routing from their website and it's awesome to know I fly the same routes as the actual airline.Thanks for pointing it out to the community though, I'm sure their website will see a major uppage in bandwith because of all the AVSIM guys and gals overloading it!Eric

I have been using this for a quite a while now. However i am looking for something just like this where i can find flightplans to and from NON USA airports to and from NON USA airports. Flightaware is not aware of flights that are not beginning or ending in the USA. I am particularly interested in live flightplans for flights between Europe and the Caribbean.Anyone know of a good resource for that?Chris

Chris Lezama

Guest aca_dia

Not that I don't appreciate the effort to share this, but a simple search on Avsim for

Guest Charlie Hall

But how would one know what to search for if not known about?!!

Unless something has changed in the last 16 hours or so, International flight plans are not complete, at least as it pertains to the flights I was looking at very recebtly, EGLL-KLAX. I would just check all flights between two points and check the different airlines routing. Am I not looking in the right place perhaps? Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest aca_dia

From the 20 or so threads that have discussed it in recent months! ;)I was really just kidding around, but I always cringe a little when a topic is posted as though it is new material when it has already been around the block for months. I agree it is a good site and it is worth bring it up again for anyone who is not familiar with it yet.

Flightaware runs on FAA data and includes FAA jurisdiction outside the continental US. If the filed plan to or from US properties is with the FAA the plan will show but tracking over the ponds outside of US systems will not.

>> But how would one know what to search for if not known about?!!There really is more to the AVSIM forums than just reading the MS Flight Simulator General Discussion forum. Flightaware has been a common topic in the Flight Plan forum since late last year. Many of the people that visit the Flight Plan forum are charter members of Flightaware, having used it since it was in beta.I'm not suggesting that people read every thread in every forum, but if people would occasionally venture out beyond this forum and browse a few headers from time to time, there's quite a bit if good stuff being discussed in the other forums.Bruce