Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Is P3D V4 lacking a regional jet

Hi all, 

Im usually the type to fly airliners but thinking about getting a regional jet for the shorter hops, I have the pmdg 747 as well as the majestic dash 8. Id be looking for something like an CRJ or something similar...

perhaps even a single engine turbo prop to fly the simulated medevacs type.

So, Is P3D lacking a decent regional jet or single engine turboprop?

Thanks 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Aerosoft has a nice CRJ 700/900.  It has some glitches with the CDU, but they have been actively patching it since it's release.  Virtualcol has the CRJ's too, but a bit more casual.  Carenado is going to be releasing a turboprop SAAB 340 sometime soon I think, which should be nice as well.  All are compatible with v4.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

The Aerosoft CRJ finally has most of the kinks worked out of it and the TFDi Boeing 717 is a real gem.

• Upvote 3

Thanks, I’ll look into these..

anyone try Carenado pc12? Or any Carenado aircraft, Seem to have quite the product line of aircraft.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

There’s another thread about Carenados offerings today. Generally the Pc12 comes out ok with Berts mods. I like it. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

1 minute ago, Dean33 said:

There’s another thread about Carenados offerings today. Generally the Pc12 comes out ok with Berts mods. I like it. 

Actually, the updated version includes the GTN 750 integration (you must have purchased the GTN beforehand, of course) and it's quite the fun aircraft to quickly get off the ground in.

Mario Di Lauro

I don't know why people are saying the CRJ is "nice" and "has most of the bugs worked out", it's still broken in shambles and worthless at this point, and Aerosoft has yet to respond for weeks on the issue. This is now the 4th or 5th try and they have still failed to find the bugs in their own software.

If I were the OP I would stay miles away from the CRJ

• Upvote 2

The Aerosoft CRJ works beautifully on my system. I only had some minor issues shortly after release, but now it does exactly what I would expect it to do (and I am following amplified checklists).

The TFDi B717 ia also a great plane. Between the two, it only comes down to which brand you prefer.

Peter

What about the F1 Mustang.  I have it but have not installed in P3D 4

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

The AS CRJ is fine I suppose if you don't mind the possibility of making circles in LNAV mode. I find that hardly acceptable. It still has a long way to go IMO.

4 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

The AS CRJ is fine I suppose if you don't mind the possibility of making circles in LNAV mode. I find that hardly acceptable. It still has a long way to go IMO.

I have yet to experience this. I acknowledge that a number of people appear to have that problem, but I never had it.

Peter

15 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I have yet to experience this. I acknowledge that a number of people appear to have that problem, but I never had it.

Peter

Perhaps not 100% but quite often. I fly 100's of hours/mo. My sincere hope is they can rectify it and make for a very good RJ. It does have great potential. The tfdi 717 is nice but also has some growth to do.  A VLJ Mustang as a RJ? Not hardly. :)

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

What about the F1 Mustang.  I have it but have not installed in P3D 4

Cheers
bs

Hasn't been released for v4 yet.