Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Is P3D V4 lacking a regional jet

The TFDI 717 is definitely a Gem ! Go for it...

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

15 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

What about the F1 Mustang.  I have it but have not installed in P3D 4

Cheers
bs

I tried it in P3D and I’m sure they said Windows 8 wasn’t supported!  Not sure about 10. 

Anyway Mustang is a bizjet not a regional jet surely. If you want a biz jet then IMHO Xtreme Prototypes GLJ25 is the best!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

17 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

The TFDI 717 is definitely a Gem ! Go for it...

Regards,

Especially compared to the AS CRJ offering. It's been over 6+ months and the plane still cant fly LNAV properly despite several hotfixes and patches.  Lets hope another betatesting methodology and more thorough testing overall is conducted in their new Airbus (which looks really really good!). I read over on FS Elite that a streaming session with the beta-Airbus was a farce unfortunately, so I am on the fence still. Ofc FSelite readers can be rather salty in the comment field (particularilly about aerosoft products/news for some reason)

https://fselite.net/previews/watch-aerosoft-airbus-series-beta-p3dv4-1/#comments

And +1 to the Leonardo MD80. Will be an instant purchase for sure.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The TFDi Design 717 was a frustrating aircraft for me (in P3D v3.3.5).....

I was never all that convinced by the flight model, although I could be wrong. I just found it difficult to understand how an aircraft in a very shallow descent at low power could continue in that very shallow descent when I applied FULL power, and the airspeed increased dramatically. I know that the 717 is a different beast to the 737, but I still expect it to obey the laws of aerodynamics.

When you have heard "stabiliser motion" and "altitude" a thousand times, it gets kinda annoying.

I always had to remember to reset AutoRudder in the P3D menu whenever I wanted to fly another aircraft, because using this plane always disabled it for some reason.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I bought the Q400 about a month ago and love it. Also bought the Aerosoft CRJ few days ago. I did 3 flights with the CRJ 900 and I love it so far, no issue yet with the VNAV other than the plane do some pretty hard turn on waypoints. If you go on Aerosoft website the CRJ is 20% off so 39$ that's why I bought it !

Since OP is looking for a regional jet, I'll put in my 2 cents.

I own both the Aerosoft CRJ and the FeelThere e-Jets for v4.  While neither of them is perfect, the e-Jet is far and away a better aircraft to fly in the sim at this point.

I purchased the CRJ after a lot of glowing reviews from one of their beta testers (who apparently did the live stream of the 319).  I used to think he was pretty knowledgeable about what he was saying about how great the CRJ was in beta, but frankly it was a hot mess when released. I now have to take things he says with a large grain of salt and I am beginning to doubt his objectivity, since he gets all these add ons that we pay for dearly, for free.

Why in 2018 would I have to load a Piper Cub at a commercial gate, then change the aircraft to the CRJ to even get it to run?

I do like some products Aerosoft makes, but IMHO, they release products with a LOT of bugs that should have been addressed in the beta.  I also think their manual for the CRJ is confusing, misses a clear explanation of how to fly the tutorial (which could be due to translation from German to English) and dwells far too long on stuff the usual customer really could care about.

The e-Jet is not perfect (could use some texture upgrades in the virtual cockpit), at least it can fly a route without the frustrating glitches the CRJ has. 

• Upvote 2

Stephen Forsgren

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

The TFDI 717 is definitely a Gem !

Not quite. The Profile Mode in the 717 still has a serious issue in the descent phase.

You either have to speedbrake it A LOT, which is unrealistic in no wind condition, or you end up several thousand feet above the IAF.

The plane simply can`t descend and decelerate at the same time to fit the Top of descend calculation.

I have mentioned it several times in their forum, no idea why they don`t care to fix it. Other than that it`s a gem indeed, so it really would deserve it to be fixed.

Mike 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

31 minutes ago, BuddyDog said:

I now have to take things he says with a large grain of salt and I am beginning to doubt his objectivity, since he gets all these add ons that we pay for dearly, for free.

A dearth of honest reviews is a problem which has been plaguing our hobby for a long time.  In particular, I am thinking of one website where the prior owner always told his readers to buy the products he reviewed.  Of course, he only reviewed products that were advertised on his website.  Occasionally, he would make negative comments about products which were not advertised on his website, or worse yet, was competing with one of his advertisers' products.  At some point, you just don't believe anything he says or writes.  How many times does someone lie to you before you stop believing them about anything?

FSElite recently had an article on reviews which underlines the problem.  If someone gives a negative review to that product, the developer will respond by not providing review copies in the future.

This problem is being compounded by developers releasing unfinished products and making the purchasers beta testers.  One developer was selling Airbuses (the A320, and A330) and promised a version 1.0 within the year.   That was years ago, and we still have not seen a version 1.0.

I think the problem is that some developers bite off more than they can chew.  They underestimate the difficulties of the project and simply lack the skills to bring it to fruition.  For example, years ago a developer was selling a Fokker, promising a VC at some point in the future.  Needless to say, that promise was not kept.  It should not be surprising that the same developer had problems with the CRJ.  At some point the urge just to shove it out the door becomes overwhelming.

• Upvote 3

Qualitywings BAE146 will be coming to P3Dv4 soon, great little regional jet.

• Upvote 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

9 minutes ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Qualitywings BAE146 will be coming to P3Dv4 soon, great little regional jet.

Forgot about that this. Yes the Jumbolinho is worth looks from anyone in the market of an RJ.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Talking of the QW146.....can anyone tell me if the "intercept heading within 40 degrees" VOR LOC restriction for the ILS localiser is based on the real aircraft, or if it is only an issue with the simulated version?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, SAS443 said:

I read over on FS Elite that a streaming session with the beta-Airbus was a farce

Careful believing what you read on the Internet my friend (we already know that, right?). 

The stream in question was of a completely unfinished, very early Beta aircraft. It was streamed because hundreds of people requested it, and we were very careful to say time and again that the software (especially speed control in all modes) not only wasn't yet working correctly. The biggest issue back in November was that speed control wasn't working in any mode and the user couldn't intervene at all.

This was not a streamed Beta Test as some people believed. It was a demonstration flight of an EARLY Beta because (again) because people requested it. Beta tests are very specific testing which takes long, boring hours of work - and nobody streams that, and nobody would watch it if they did.

Streaming unfinished software is a damned if you do, and damned if you don't type of thing.  Many people thanked us for showing them the aircraft in it's present state at the time and it helped them to get a feel for the development stage.  Moreover, they get to see the progress made when tuning in to other flights. This is done PURELY for the community, and we'll do this with other products while enduring the handful of people who purposely take things far of out context so they can post their expert point of view and incorrect and misplaced criticism - because the stream is for the community.  The alternative to be go back to providing screen shots.

I'm presently streaming the Airbus and Maddog X beta software, and and or anyone is most welcome to visit my stream anytime - provided you understand that it's Beta software and not everything works as it will in the finished version, and some times are beyond my control.

My very best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, BuddyDog said:

I used to think he was pretty knowledgeable about what he was saying about how great the CRJ was in beta, but frankly it was a hot mess when released.

This is where some education might help.

As I've said far too many times, people on the Beta Team (which included many real world pilots) did not report LNAV problems during the latter stages of the beta.  I did not suffer them either, beyond some tight turning issues on particular RNAV approaches - which are not the issue people have been writing about.

When the software was released, people started reporting problems and I would take their flights and live stream them showing no problem.

We can note that at least two people in this thread aren't suffering those issues either.

Now as I said in my first post, I didn't have these issues until I installed the customer download version of the software (which I didn't not have access until several months after release). Now, it's supposed to be the same software, and comparing the files is certainly appears to be, but when I installed it all sorts of problems (some of which your average person wouldn't recognize) starting happening including the LNAV issue.

Complicating matters is that when you THINK you've fixed one thing, several things which you never thought would be affected, are. Sometimes you fix one thing and two other things get affected.

Anyway, I had several long talks with the developer after I installed the customer download version (which was not part of my responsibility to test as I had moved on to other things by then), and he's taken the past few months to work hard and carefully with the code and he's told me that he's found somethings that he believes are causing the problems.  Since I'm NOW seeing the issues, I'll now (hopefully) be able to see if the fixes work.

In the Aerosoft forums, we had MANY people report they were not experiencing the issues others were having, but they get drowned out pretty quickly by those who are. But I assure you that I didn't not have these issues during my time in testing and I reported on what I experienced.

As I said recently to those who were critical of the Airbus stream, I also streamed the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 for 6 years without even one negative comment and I've been streaming the Leonardo Maddog X for about 6 months with nothing but praise - even when a bug affects the flights.  I suppose the reason is that my audience is usually older, experienced flight simmers and real world pilots who have a better understanding of what beta software is.  These streams are not Beta Testing, they are merely demonstration flights of unfinished software. Better than just screen shots, right?  Plus people can ask questions, which many people appreciate.

I'm going to say something else about streamed flights.  I'm 55 years of age, and though I'm now retired (except for the work I do with several developers, and believe it it's WORK, I don't get anything for free), but I still have many responsibilities and obligations to my wife and family.  That means that I don't have unlimited time, and sometimes I don't have time to go around during an approach so I might force a bad situation to get down so I can log off and get to my responsibilities.  Plus it's a live stream, not an edited YouTube video which people often compare them against.  Anyway, the streams are there for the community to see the product in development, talk about the product, and have fun.  Not there for some know it all to take things out of context or assume they know how the software is functioning and then to make themselves feel superior by writing a negative, critcal post about it.

I'd like to see people in our community listen more carefully especially when we're not an expert is matters we're looking at (example: software development), think about matters a little more, strive to take things in context, and judge just a little less.  We often don't know, see or understand matters even when we think they are right in front of us.

My very best wishes.

• Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I am updating my thoughts on this post now that the latest update to the Aerosoft CRJ 1.0.5, has been released.

In my opinion, it is working very well in P3D v4.2 and it has now become a great aircraft to fly.

I now think it is far superior to the FeelThere eJets.

Stephen Forsgren