Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, trisho0 said:

Just updated tonight in my machine from P3D v4.1 to v4.2 and now it takes longer time loading the airport (default). Is it normal?

I had to return back to v4.1 due to the NumPad not working as expected. Also, after reading this thread I learned is better to wait longer time before updating to v4.2 and giving time to payware Developers to get their updates as well.

Patricio Valdes

6 hours ago, ebaez12 said:

Anybody having issue with missing scenery?

Dear @ebaez12,

in order for the community to be able to help you, it is mandatory that you specify more informations: how did you update, what AddOn's you use, and so on...

I've installed v4.2 multiple times from scratch and I didn't had any issues. Basicaly there are some topics related to faulty textures but they were mostly all related to only partial updates of Client and/or Scenery which in combination with AddOns from e.g ORBX, can lead to strange graphical issues.

Regards.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

8 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Dear @ebaez12,

in order for the community to be able to help you, it is mandatory that you specify more informations: how did you update, what AddOn's you use, and so on...

I've installed v4.2 multiple times from scratch and I didn't had any issues. Basicaly there are some topics related to faulty textures but they were mostly all related to only partial updates of Client and/or Scenery which in combination with AddOns from e.g ORBX, can lead to strange graphical issues.

Regards.

Thanks. Disregard I figured it out. I deleted my scenery.cfg and rebuild it. Problem solved. 

Somebody tried to load KJAX default scenery? How look the runway with v4.2?

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Somebody tried to load KJAX default scenery? How look the runway with v4.2?

Looks messed up here.

Spoiler

8BvmLK8.jpg

On 2/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

I regularly bike up/down it (only about 4000 ft).

You're such a lightweight Rob! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:30 PM, bills511 said:

Looks messed up here.

Reveal hidden contents

8BvmLK8.jpg

And .....? did you resolve it? I leaned is the file APX26210.bgl from scenery\0302\scenery folder. It needs attention from LM. Hopefully future LM update comes with that file fixed. So far P3D v.41 and v4.2 appears such file with problems. The v4.0 has the correct one.

Patricio Valdes

53 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

And .....? did you resolve it? I leaned is the file APX26210.bgl from scenery\0302\scenery folder. It needs attention from LM. Hopefully future LM update comes with that file fixed. So far P3D v.41 and v4.2 appears such file with problems. The v4.0 has the correct one.

I pulled APX26210.bgl from P3D v3.4 to see how it looks and it's ok. I believe the latest APX26210.bgl is corrupted.