Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

18 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

In my experience, the primary causes of this (when moving from older hardware that was not blurry) to newer hardware that is having a case of the blurries can be attributed to:

1.  BIOS/EFI issue
2.  Intel's Turbo Boost Max technology (driver and BIOS setting)

The immediate solution was to disable Intel's Turbo Boost Max technology.  The long term solutions was to wait for ASUS to provide a BIOS/EFI update along with an updated Intel Turbo Boost Max Driver.  So if anyone is experiencing this strange behavior when moving "up" to better hardware, it might be worth checking for an updated BIOS/EFI and updated Intel Turbo Boost Max driver ... or simply disable Turbo Boost Max and test to see if that fixes the issue.

Now, be aware that the source of "blurries" can be many things, this is just ONE source off "blurries" I'm presenting above and how I solved it.  In my case, this was NOT an LM problem, it was a hardware problem.

Cheers, Rob.

IMHO this should get its own topic and be pinned. :)

-Buffy

• Upvote 2

But does this only work if you have changed hardware?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Thanks Rob, disabling ASUS 270K TurboBoost worked. I can get off the fence post now.

8 hours ago, Hilkiah said:

I have this exact problem.  Also happens with the GSX window.

Do you use FSUIPC by any chance? On the ProATC forum someone posted that the problem seems to be related to FSUIPC. Maybe those who have this problem might check this.

3 minutes ago, J van E said:

Do you use FSUIPC by any chance? On the ProATC forum someone posted that the problem seems to be related to FSUIPC. Maybe those who have this problem might check this.

Yes I have a registered version of FSUIPC v5.122.  I only use is for the comms switch functionality for my FSL A320X (so it can work with Pro ATC).  Stephen (ProATC) suggested trying P3D without ProATC which I will do later tonight.  I suspect, however, that it is related to SimConnect which I assume makes the menu work for ProATC, GSX and AS (correct me if I'm wrong).  

I will uninstall FSUIPC and see if that makes a difference.  If it does then great.  If it doesn't then I'll trying uninstalling Pro ATC, GSX and AS (in that order) to see and report back.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

This is test livestream of my first flight with Prepar3D V4.2.

I made dynamic lightning test yesterday. I had 60FPS with landing lights in V4.1 and 55FPS in V4.2. So there are no improvements :(

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

1 hour ago, gpf3m said:

I disabled Turbo Boost

I am interested in this....how to disable TURBO....?

Alex 

7 minutes ago, Branimir said:

I made dynamic lightning test yesterday. I had 60FPS with landing lights in V4.1 and 55FPS in V4.2. So there are no improvements :(

And what is your current hardware, screen size, screen type, screen resolution and P3D settings?

Regards,
Simbol

19 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

In my experience, the primary causes of this (when moving from older hardware that was not blurry) to newer hardware that is having a case of the blurries can be attributed to:

1.  BIOS/EFI issue
2.  Intel's Turbo Boost Max technology (driver and BIOS setting)

Here is a video showing the problem when I went from a 5960X to my 7900X:

The immediate solution was to disable Intel's Turbo Boost Max technology.  The long term solutions was to wait for ASUS to provide a BIOS/EFI update along with an updated Intel Turbo Boost Max Driver.  So if anyone is experiencing this strange behavior when moving "up" to better hardware, it might be worth checking for an updated BIOS/EFI and updated Intel Turbo Boost Max driver ... or simply disable Turbo Boost Max and test to see if that fixes the issue.

Now, be aware that the source of "blurries" can be many things, this is just ONE source off "blurries" I'm presenting above and how I solved it.  In my case, this was NOT an LM problem, it was a hardware problem.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

Do you have Hyper Threading enabled or disabled?  For me I found that disabling hyper threading significantly reduced my stutters and I’ve been running without hyper threading ever since (4790K).

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

23 minutes ago, Hilkiah said:

I suspect, however, that it is related to SimConnect which I assume makes the menu work for ProATC, GSX and AS (correct me if I'm wrong).  

Correct. All three addons use the exact same SimConnect window. (Which is also why you can't open the (for instance) ProATC window when the GSX or AS one is open.)

11 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I am interested in this....how to disable TURBO....?

It's really interesting indeed. I will check my BIOS tonight to see if there is anything with BOOST in there. Could be I already have it turned off though because I am using an overclock.

Other than what I can read about VR improvements - is it really worth upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 for those of us without VR ?  

1 hour ago, Buffy Foster said:

IMHO this should get its own topic and be pinned. :)

-Buffy

Disabling turbo boost... this really doesnt apply if your overclocked at a given ratio does it?  Or maybe it does.. time to check the bios i guess.

• Upvote 1

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

2 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Other than what I can read about VR improvements - is it really worth upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 for those of us without VR ?  

I don't have VR, but I still updated and there are no problems with addons and no overall improvements.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

For those that uninstalled the content/scenery.. for ftx global.. is it just needed to reopen ftx central to fix any missing textures.. or is it needed to actually re-run the install for ftx global? (i cant seem to remember, i thought just open ftx central), i saw the TS guide/link previous on here, but i thought it was a tad simpler.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

9 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Given the amount of fixes and new features added to Simconnect V4.2 a lot of future add-on's will only work from 4.2 and upwards.

Regards,
Simbol