Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Given the amount of fixes and new features added to Simconnect V4.2 a lot of future add-on's will only work from 4.2 and upwards.

Regards,
Simbol

Do I have to install the new simconnect from redist folder?

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

18 minutes ago, theskyisthelimit said:

For those that uninstalled the content/scenery.. for ftx global.. is it just needed to reopen ftx central to fix any missing textures.. or is it needed to actually re-run the install for ftx global? (i cant seem to remember, i thought just open ftx central), i saw the TS guide/link previous on here, but i thought it was a tad simpler.

For client/content update: just run FTX central. It will renew the autogen files.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137098-prepar3d-v4-tutorials-and-orbx-troubleshooting/

For P3D scenery update and use of FTX Global: delete the version text file FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT at

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Then reinstall/update the ORBX library upon launch of FTX central.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

2 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

For client/content update: just run FTX central. It will renew the autogen files.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137098-prepar3d-v4-tutorials-and-orbx-troubleshooting/

For P3D scenery update and use of FTX Global: delete the version text file FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT at

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Then reinstall the ORBX library upon launch of FTX central.

Oh nice ok.. so just orbx library reinstall but not ftx global reinstall then.. i wasnt aware of the .txt files.. thanks

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

4 minutes ago, Branimir said:

Do I have to install the new simconnect from redist folder?

No, these are provided for legacy support purposes.

The fixes and new functionalities listed for the SDK 4.2 means P3D will give different results to functions called via SimConnect, also if developers want to use new functionalities they will need to switch from "classic old SimmConect" references and use the new libraries provided with the updated SDK.

This is why upgrading to 4.2 will become a requirement in the future as many developers will be unable to provide certain functionalities if you are running an older version of P3D.

Regards,
S.

10 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Just a for your info but the man you originally argued and lectured to is a very well known scenery developer that has been in the community longer than many flight simmers have been alive. Many people you talk to are smarter than this 'it's your system' advice. It is insulting that you continue to belittle here as if you are some expert.

ROFL.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

37 minutes ago, simbol said:

Given the amount of fixes and new features added to Simconnect V4.2 a lot of future add-on's will only work from 4.2 and upwards.

Regards,
Simbol

So, is it safe to say to we should update? Even if is no improvement made on performance? Skipping shouldn't be the option I guess....

Alex 

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I am interested in this....how to disable TURBO....?

I have a Gigabyte motherboard...

I followed this youtube video:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

So, is it safe to say to we should update? Even if is no improvement made on performance? Skipping shouldn't be the option I guess....

You don't need to update right now, you can wait until all your add-on's are V 4.2 compatible, but it is highly recommended to update your platform so you can enjoy the future benefits that will be coming via 3rd party content providers like myself.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Thanks Simbol, I was actually thinking wait week or so for update until everyone get on board with this new update.....

Alex 

22 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

In my experience, the primary causes of this (when moving from older hardware that was not blurry) to newer hardware that is having a case of the blurries can be attributed to:

1.  BIOS/EFI issue
2.  Intel's Turbo Boost Max technology (driver and BIOS setting)

Here is a video showing the problem when I went from a 5960X to my 7900X:

The immediate solution was to disable Intel's Turbo Boost Max technology.  The long term solutions was to wait for ASUS to provide a BIOS/EFI update along with an updated Intel Turbo Boost Max Driver.  So if anyone is experiencing this strange behavior when moving "up" to better hardware, it might be worth checking for an updated BIOS/EFI and updated Intel Turbo Boost Max driver ... or simply disable Turbo Boost Max and test to see if that fixes the issue.

Now, be aware that the source of "blurries" can be many things, this is just ONE source off "blurries" I'm presenting above and how I solved it.  In my case, this was NOT an LM problem, it was a hardware problem.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks a lot Rob, i will for sure go through this vid now after this post, just out of couriosity, one an never know enough and im sure canuse it when giving support.

Just be sure though that i was not talking about the overall blurries. In our cases the orbx terrain, doesnt matter wich kind of, even demanding areas like NorCal, work flawless. Be it elevation/mesh detail, or texture detail, all works very very well. And better than on the old hardware. The only problem we have is Photoscenery in a way like some of the older addons have.

Orbx terrain is not influenced by the problem we talk of. It can be supercrisp to max level all around an airport/scenery that has photoground, where the airport/scenery itself stays blurred to hell.

Example Moskow City (i try to make a pic one day) from DDesign. When i arrive there from a longhaul all the orbx terrain around the scenery is super crisp, with the whole elevation etc intact but the whole city of moskow (wich is all coming from the addon-scenery) is blurred. And this blurrieness behaves different as when orbx terrain has blurries. There, if one overflies or gets slower usually one can see that at least the sim tries to load more of the detail, but in this case this doesnt happen. It stays blurry and i can see no way that the sim even tries to load the rest of the detail levels.

As i can see it its more the older sceneries that have this issue. But then again, on the lower end machine this worked well. But there of course i had other issues. The whole terrain itself was long not as detailed as its now with the new rig, no question. Its only about that photoground. On the lower end machine i never saw much difference in the loading behaviour between orbx terrain and these kind of addons but seems in some more modern hardware scenarios (or whatever the reason is) this problem seem to occur.

Im not alone here, like i mentioned in the opening post, various ppl had this long before me, when i was on old rig and i personally never saw it. Until now...

But this may be a thing to check, maybe it helps some ppl here too. Personally i had it off already. Thanks again!

BetaTeamB.png

Well, this is both interesting and a little bizarre....

I've just updated from 4.1 to 4.2 and so far, the ONLY addon I've needed to update, was AS4

FSUIPC appears to be working withought a glitch from previous installation.

PMDG aircraft all fine

FSLabs A320 loaded up just fine and everything 'seems' to be functioning so far

CS757v3 Working without issue

56 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Well, this is both interesting and a little bizarre....

I've just updated from 4.1 to 4.2 and so far, the ONLY addon I've needed to update, was AS4

FSUIPC appears to be working withought a glitch from previous installation.

PMDG aircraft all fine

FSLabs A320 loaded up just fine and everything 'seems' to be functioning so far

CS757v3 Working without issue

Thanks for the post...I happen to be getting ready to re-install PMDG 737NGX on the new machine, and was wondering about 4.2 compatibility.  I also flew the Majestic Q400 last night on 4.2 with no issues.  

cheers, 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

On 12. februar 2018 at 11:46 PM, virtuali said:

So, as far as FSDT is concerned, the requirements or the steps to update to P3D 4.2 are exactly None and, thanks to our usage of the add-on.xml method and our default install location outside the sim, you can even wipe out your existing P3D4 installation, and it wouldn't affect our software in any way, which will still stay installed and active.

NOTAM to all add-on developers. Read what Umberto sais above, please!

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

13 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

You can uninstall completely, and then install a new version, everything stays, well not orbx global and trees. You have to install those again. I did that and everything works (custom paths, addon entries, exe, dll...) Follow this tutorial and you will be fine

Thanks a lot, Johnny!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dougal said:

PMDG aircraft all fine

1 hour ago, joby33y said:

I happen to be getting ready to re-install PMDG 737NGX on the new machine, and was wondering about 4.2 compatibility.

PMDG products should be fine, but there is an issue for some 4.2 users, see below. 
Fairly simple workaround, however.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter