Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

New SODE update 1.6.2 (eliminating stutter)

Would be great if DD and Jeffrey (SODE) work together to solve the issue. 

It might be the sdx files which are compiled from xml files that makes the problem. This format is choosen by developers that want to hide information how they built and placed objects. DD seems to be one of the few developers (if not only one) that uses this format.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi all,

Let me shed some light on this topic here.

First of all, only jetways are affected. The jetways will be displayed, but you won't be able to trigger them. Other SODE controlled objects work as before.

Also, it doesn't matter if the placements are defined in a SDX or XML file.

The problem here is that DD implemented the jetway placements incorrectly. Since the introduction of SODE jetways, developers are required to "hook up" the SODE jetway to the underlying AFCAD/ADE parking position. As you may know, those parking positions are strictly defined in the FS SDK, such as GATE_A, PARKING, etc.

Not trying to blame DD here, but instead of using those official designators, they somehow introduced own designators like "GATE C123-130" and such. Also, the parking number is a pure integer number as per FS SDK, while they sometimes used "12A" or similar.

While the old SODE would not check the gate name/parking number for "SDK correctness", this new SODE does, because it must rely on them from now on. Also, GSX for instance expects correct gate name/parking position combinations. Otherwise it won't be able to select/find the jetway. So it is of interest to have properly set up parking data in the SDX/XML file.

Most sceneries using SODE jetways out there have correct parking data linked to them, so there is no issue at all. The SODE.log will indicate when a jetway has incorrect parking data.

It's not a break in "compatibility", I'm just enforcing the FS/P3D SDK standards now.

The fix here is to provide parking data as per FS SDK.

Best regards,

Jeffrey - SODE developer

Edited by 12bPilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 17

4 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Would be great if DD and Jeffrey (SODE) work together to solve the issue.

There is nothing to solve together - XMLs (SDXs) simply need to be updated/rewritten which obviously will take time for ~40 airports that we have now available. As for now we are unable to leave everything we are working on and just start rewriting XML files but of course eventually this will be done, this simply needs time.

We would be very interested in cooperating with an individual experienced in coding SODE XML files. This would definitely speed up the update process. If someone is interested, please contact us at our e-mail.

Edited by DrzewieckiDesign
  • Upvote 2

On 3/1/2018 at 2:17 AM, mikealpha said:

Just be advised, SODE for Drzewiecki Design Sceneries won't work anymore, there are tons of error messages in the SODE logs, just a short example :

[10:46:13.963] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> AfcadGateName Attribute 'GATE C 120-139' is not valid!
[10:46:13.963] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> KEWR, GATE C 120-139, 130 contains invalid data! Stand is not added.
[10:46:13.969] DEBUG SODE.XML : SDX Decompilation of 'KJFK_X.sdx' successful.
[10:46:13.986] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> AfcadGateName Attribute 'Terminal 7' is not valid!
[10:46:13.986] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> KJFK, Terminal 7, 12 contains invalid data! Stand is not added.

Apparently  Drzewiecki Design developers need to update all their sceneries.

Not hard to fix by developer just takes time, afcadgatename = GATE and afcadparkingnumber = (gate number)

afcadgatename="GATE" AfcadParkingNumber="120"

3 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

There is nothing to solve together - XMLs (SDXs) simply need to be updated/rewritten which obviously will take time for ~40 airports that we have now available. As for now we are unable to leave everything we are working on and just start rewriting XML files but of course eventually this will be done, this simply needs time.

We would be very interested in cooperating with an individual experienced in coding SODE XML files. This would definitely speed up the update process. If someone is interested, please contact us at our e-mail.

Please, when you do begin the process start with arguably is the most popular, NY airports, in particular, KJFK.

Eric 

6 hours ago, 12bPilot said:

Hi all,

Let me shed some light on this topic here.

First of all, only jetways are affected. The jetways will be displayed, but you won't be able to trigger them. Other SODE controlled objects work as before.

Also, it doesn't matter if the placements are defined in a SDX or XML file.

The problem here is that DD implemented the jetway placements incorrectly. Since the introduction of SODE jetways, developers are required to "hook up" the SODE jetway to the underlying AFCAD/ADE parking position. As you may know, those parking positions are strictly defined in the FS SDK, such as GATE_A, PARKING, etc.

Not trying to blame DD here, but instead of using those official designators, they somehow introduced own designators like "GATE C123-130" and such. Also, the parking number is a pure integer number as per FS SDK, while they sometimes used "12A" or similar.

While the old SODE would not check the gate name/parking number for "SDK correctness", this new SODE does, because it must rely on them from now on. Also, GSX for instance expects correct gate name/parking position combinations. Otherwise it won't be able to select/find the jetway. So it is of interest to have properly set up parking data in the SDX/XML file.

Most sceneries using SODE jetways out there have correct parking data linked to them, so there is no issue at all. The SODE.log will indicate when a jetway has incorrect parking data.

It's not a break in "compatibility", I'm just enforcing the FS/P3D SDK standards now.

The fix here is to provide parking data as per FS SDK.

Best regards,

Jeffrey - SODE developer

Great stuff Jeffrey.  Can you advise the procedure for updating sode.  Many thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

46 minutes ago, tooting said:

Great stuff Jeffrey.  Can you advise the procedure for updating sode.  Many thanks 

Download new version -> install -> register P3D -> close installer

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Dear Customers,
We are working on providing full compatibility with the newest SODE version (v1.6.2). As for now we have prepared for you some SDX files that you can download and test with the newest SODE.

SODE v1.6.2 compatible SDX files

A particular SDX file is dedicated to a particular project (f/e Polish Airports) or just one airport (f/e KLGA LaGuardia).

SDX files should be placed into %programdata%\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign ( C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign ) folder.

Please note - gates at KJFK Terminal 8 do not work - this is an expected behaviour so far. Other SDX files will appear at the same link.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Download new version -> install -> register P3D -> close installer

No uninstalling the previous version?? 

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, tooting said:

No uninstalling the previous version?? 

Hi Pete,

Not necessary, unless you have a very ancient version (pre V1.3.1) currently installed, where this wasn't supported.

1 minute ago, 12bPilot said:

Hi Pete,

Not necessary, unless you have a very ancient version (pre V1.3.1) currently installed, where this wasn't supported.

Thanks you very much.  Next time you need a chart, flightplan, or any other flight operations  info or data please pm me. You're a star

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, tooting said:

Thanks you very much.  Next time you need a chart, flightplan, or any other flight operations  info or data please pm me. You're a star

Hehe, thanks for the offer Pete. I'm a real life airline pilot flying A330s and A340s out of Switzerland, so I have plenty of those ;-)

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Dear Customers,
We are working on providing full compatibility with the newest SODE version (v1.6.2). As for now we have prepared for you some SDX files that you can download and test with the newest SODE.

SODE v1.6.2 compatible SDX files

I tried, but for all four sdx I downloaded I get this ...

[12:39:34.516] ERROR SODE.XML : Failed to load file 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign\KEWR_X.sdx'
[12:39:34.516] ERROR SODE.XML : Failed to load file 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign\KJFK_X.sdx'
[12:39:34.516] DEBUG SODE.XML : SDX Decompilation of 'KLDJ_X.sdx' successful.
[12:39:34.518] ERROR SODE.XML : Failed to load file 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign\KLGA_X.sdx'
[12:39:34.519] DEBUG SODE.XML : SDX Decompilation of 'KTEB_X.sdx' successful.
[12:39:34.520] DEBUG SODE.XML : SDX Decompilation of 'LUKK_X.sdx' successful.
[12:39:34.520] ERROR SODE.XML : Failed to load file 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign\UBBB_X.sdx'

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, mikealpha said:

I tried, but for all four sdx I downloaded I get this ...

Sorry, please disregard. Stupid error on my end. I made a 'Save target as' in the main Dropbox folder, instead of clicking on each of them and then use the download button . Apparently that's not the same.

So, thanks, works now !

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Folks,

Does anyone notice a stuttering with 1.6.2? FPS are still good, but when you rotate cameras, there are noticeable stutters. I'm still on 4.1 and has no intention to move to 4.2.