Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Eastern Caribbean

Recommended Posts

Thanks Mike, downloading everything to get ready for the Caribbean! 


Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike,

Thanks for the research on all the Caribbean freeware!

From the St. Kitts readme.txt: "For this scenery to be fully functional, the scenery package from Striking Software: PW Sceneries – Volume 5 The Leeward Islands must be installed. Visit: http://www.strikingsoftware.com/downloads.shtml"

Tried this address, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Will NOT having the Leeward Islands scenery cause problems with St. Kitts install?


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, somiller said:

Mike,

Thanks for the research on all the Caribbean freeware!

From the St. Kitts readme.txt: "For this scenery to be fully functional, the scenery package from Striking Software: PW Sceneries – Volume 5 The Leeward Islands must be installed. Visit: http://www.strikingsoftware.com/downloads.shtml"

Tried this address, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Will NOT having the Leeward Islands scenery cause problems with St. Kitts install?

I have it without and it appears to be fine..


Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bert...will give it a try.


Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve,
Please look at your AVSIM messages.
Thanks,
Mike


--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the liberty of making a paint for Bert's Lancair that we can all see! With profound apologies to Bert's fan club, but he does keep your work to himself!

cbert.JPG

 

Link is on the AVSIM's Saturday Evening Flight spreadsheet.

 


What is the answer to life the universe and everything? An 'app'.

My Paints On MediaFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I took the liberty of making a paint for Bert's Lancair that we can all see! With profound apologies to Bert's fan club, but he does keep your work to himself!

cbert.JPG

 

Link is on the AVSIM's Saturday Evening Flight spreadsheet.

 

That does look spiffy!  :cool:

  • Like 1

Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get that handsome paint to show up, we'll want to give it a "title" to match Bert's entry. At the moment, the spreadsheet entry reads:

"title=Legacy V2 C-BERT"
 


--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MM said:

To get that handsome paint to show up, we'll want to give it a "title" to match Bert's entry. At the moment, the spreadsheet entry reads:

"title=Legacy V2 C-BERT"
 

Changed to: RealAir Lancair Legacy C-BERT

I suspect that's what Bert's says as well. :wink:


What is the answer to life the universe and everything? An 'app'.

My Paints On MediaFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Changed to: RealAir Lancair Legacy C-BERT

I suspect that's what Bert's says as well. :wink:

Nope.. changed it back to:

Legacy V2 C-BERT


Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right Bert...almost. I put in all my old original paints and didn't notice the 'V2' missing. The proper title is 'RealAir Lancair Legacy V2 C-BERT'. Phew!


What is the answer to life the universe and everything? An 'app'.

My Paints On MediaFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

You're right Bert...almost. I put in all my old original paints and didn't notice the 'V2' missing. The proper title is 'RealAir Lancair Legacy V2 C-BERT'. Phew!

We can be doing this all week.. but I actually removed the "RealAir" bit a long time ago, and am sticking with it, unless it creates problems for others.. which I guess it does :blush:


Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, this might be one for Roman. As I recall the correct title was important if you were doing aliases. But since JoinFS and it's Substitution feature it probably don't mean a thing anymore. Roman?


What is the answer to life the universe and everything? An 'app'.

My Paints On MediaFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. IMHO it is much nicer to have your fellow pilots seamlessly appear in the correct aircraft and livery. Rather than have to scramble to find something suitable for each and every pilot in the gaggle. But tastes vary.

  • Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    17%
    $4,450.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...