Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Can someone paint a replacement Vertical Speed Gauge?

The night lighting for the gauge backlights on the vertical speed gauge is bright like the person painting it used a picture that had too much flash reflection. I'd like a new vsi without the bright white reflection as the gauge backlighting. Is this something that is possible?

Sure, someone with Photoshop needs to edit the Gauges_1_night and Gauges_2_night dds files.

Bert

Hiya,

It's actually the Gauges_1_night2.dds bitmap.  Will try to adapt it a bit.

Marcel

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2018 at 4:16 AM, mgr said:

Hiya,

It's actually the Gauges_1_night2.dds bitmap.  Will try to adapt it a bit.

Marcel

Thanks if you could that would be great. Just to get rid of the white flash glow on the VSI. It is noticeable on other gauges too but really bad on that one. Any help you could do for the night environment would be nice.

Thanks Marcel, hope you can improve upon. The current night lighting as boeing indicated is pretty "hot" and bright. I'll often times just fly with the dome lighting on.

Hiya,

Disclaimer, continue reading on your own risk, read and know that you're doing.

First thing you have to do is make a backup of the "texture.common" folder, especially of the "Gauges_1_night2.dds" and "Gauges_2_night2.dds".

There are two ways of installing:

1. For all planes at ones, again please make a backup, copy the files from the zip mentioned below in the "texture.common" folder, when prompted -> overwrite

2. Install it in one plane texture-folder of your choice, there will be no files overwritten, and you can delete them afterwards if you don't like them.

The modified files can be downloaded here

What i did was made a separate layer, in which i copied the daylight gauge-background and merge them at 60%. Modified are: ASI, VSI, backup Altimeter, RMI.

Let me know what you think.

Marcel

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Thanks Marcel, now the VSI gauge doesn't stick out from the other gauges with night lighting on!

+1

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz