Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

54 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

You do know, those options do not work in P3D?

I think that practically everything that does work can be changed in NVCP. 

Yes they do. I don't know where you are getting your info. I've tried every combination on many drivers. They work perfectly. My sim has never been smoother  (13+ years) expect for the one time I got GSYNC to work in FSX by accident.

As far as a small number.... I don't believe it's a small number since a simple google search of DXGI+P3D turns up many results. You may not be seeing them since you aren't having a problem but its definitely not a small number. Either way, an actively developed program is having an issue affecting users and yet here we are spitballing hacks instead of an official word from LM. I guess that's what I'm most confused by. It's been reported by a lot of people since mid v3 and they really haven't said anything.

I'm still open to fix suggestions, don't get me wrong but this fix should come down from LM IMO.

Edited by garymcginnis

6 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

since a simple google search of DXGI+P3D turns up many results

You should try "DXGI + X Plane" ... brings more results. Also "DXGI + Destiny". Edit: and also "DXGI + FSX" 

Just saying 🤩

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

21 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

You should try "DXGI + X Plane" ... brings more results. Also "DXGI + Destiny". Edit: and also "DXGI + FSX" 

Just saying 🤩

Very very true. I opened myself up to that one. However, this thread is now 8 pages long. So yeah....

15 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

Well, it's a known fact.

Just curious, what setting can't you change in NVCP that you absolutely need NVI? 

VSYNC 1/3-1/4. In NVCP, they only show as 1/2, FAST, GYSNC and custom if you have 1/3-1/4 set in NVI.

A known fact? Let me see the link then please. Because I can tell you what I have set works. Is this known fact someone's opinion? I'm seriously asking because as I said above, I tired my different combinations in v4 so far and by far what I set now is the smoothest I've ever had. However, smoothness is also very subjective.

Here is a serious question for all those that aren't having issues.

What driver are you using

What card are you using

What's your in-sim settings

What's your NVI/NVCP settings

I'm curious. Instead of going back and forth let's take a look at actual data. 

Thanks!

Edited by garymcginnis

1 hour ago, garymcginnis said:

Yes they do. I don't know where you are getting your info. I've tried every combination on many drivers. They work perfectly. My sim has never been smoother  (13+ years) expect for the one time I got GSYNC to work in FSX by accident.

Just couple of things:

1) Can you tell me the fundamental differences between (how Windows apps interface with the video driver)  "windowed mode", borderless fullscreen and "fullscreen mode"? -FSX can be run in fullscreen mode, p3d cannot.

2)  I can't tell the difference between in-game settings vsync ON and frames locked at 29 fps/in-game settings vysnc OFF with frames unlimited -with my monitor running at 150hz (P3D 4.3). Maybe your in-game settings (and external driver tweaks) don't match the capabilities of your hardware configuration, no?  My NVCP setting are at default. The only relevant tweaks I use with NVI are the 4xSGSS transparency AA setting and high quality texture filtering

3) I've never had DxGi error

4) Maybe you should post your in-sim and nvi/nvcp settings ...so that we may critique your setup

3 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Chris,

You’ve pre-empted my next question. If the card is stable while under sustained stressful conditions then I think we can rule out the card or, indeed the drivers. We need to look elsewhere.

I have not reviewed this thread in its entirety, but I am wondering whether you have managed to run any tests with the sim in a stripped back state? 

Temporarily disable all your Addons listed in-sim and all the items loading via the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files found in the AppData and ProgramData folders. While you’re at it, disable all the 3rd Party airports, including those from ORBX, listed in Scenery.cfg as this allows for faster loading speeds of the sim during testing. Leave everything else in the Scenery Library meantime.

Backup your Prepar3D.cfg file and then delete it.

Delete your Shaders folder (NOT ShadersHLSL) and, if necessary (previous use of a Shaders utility like PTA), restore the default shaders files in the ShadersHLSL folder in Prepar3D v4 root.

Delete all content of the SceneryIndexes_64 folder.

Now Run Prepar3D and resize the window to allow you to view and run other apps on the desktop.

Don’t make any adjustments to the configuration. Run with all the defaults meantime.

Run your tests and try to trigger the DXGI error/crash.

If all is well, then you should begin the process of re-enabling items one by one until, hopefully, you isolate the cause. 

Regards,

Mike

Edit: If you have been using NVidia Inspector then restore all Settings to their default values.

Sorry busy in work and not read all latest comments. I have run the SIM completely default install after uninstalling, removing all the LM folders in program data, users, etc. Not a single add on installed, initially did test flight after manually adjusting settings..crashed. did default flight from default airport and default settings and crashed as per last 100 crashes. Never used NI as don't need it. Used to use PTA but it's not been installed since reformating Windows

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Just saying 🤩

I have had at least 100 DXGI crashes in Prepar3D sometimes within minutes....have played Destiny at 4k and every setting maxed for hours and not a single crash...just saying haha

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

29 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

4) Maybe you should post your in-sim and nvi/nvcp settings ...so that we may critique your setup

Not sure if that last part is supposed to meant as a jab at me or not. No where am I even hinting at critiquing anyone. I've provided all relevant information in previous posts. Everyone who has said "well I've never had this issue" has only said that and nothing more.

As I said before, information regarding what I asked about from those with no issues would be very helpful.

I'll add what you requested once again.

I use: 388.13 (added after last DXGI crash but no prolonged testing for stability as of yet but was based on a recommendation with similar NVI settings as mine), KINGPIN 980, PTA REX preset 18 (with some sliders reduced), NVI set for enhance AA 4xSGSS, FPS locked at 34 and VSYNC STANDARD 1/3. The only .cfg tweak is a test of an AM setting that was added AFTER the last DXGI crash. AOC GSYNC 144 hz 24" monitor for flight sim, stacked with another older non-GSYNC monitor. The flight sim monitor has GSYNC off and 100 HZ set (output is only 99HZ, hence why I use 1/3 VSYNC @ 34 FPS which results in 33FPS in sim). GPU set to give max performance. TLDR hack applied.

Edited by garymcginnis

Well, I guess I did bury a backdoor jab you -directed at your stubbornness and tenacity to hold on to FSX as a baseline to measure P3D 4.3.  🙂

Look, the bottom line is I want you to experience and appreciate P3D the way I, and just about everyone else <----really), does. That, and I think the 1st step is to forget everything you know about FSX and start with the P3d basics.

Now with the DXGI error ...I've never seen it but I'm not going to pretend that its not a real problem for some users. The DXGI error is a mystery to me and to everyone else around here, but I do not think it is an inherent problem with P3D.  Again, start with the basics and work your way up from there.

Edited by FunknNasty

31 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

Well, I guess I did bury a backdoor jab you -directed at your stubbornness and tenacity to hold on to FSX as a baseline to measure P3D 4.3.  🙂

Look, the bottom line is I want you to experience and appreciate P3D the way I, and just about everyone else <----really), does. That, and I think the 1st step is to forget everything you know about FSX and start with the P3d basics.

Now with the DXGI error ...I've never seen it but I'm not going to pretend that its not a real problem for some users. The DXGI error is a mystery to me and to everyone else around here, but I do not think it is an inherent problem with P3D.  Again, start with the basics and work your way up from there.

Here is the thing. I did start at the basics. It was crap (again smoothness is subjective). I also wouldn't say I'm a holdout for FSX. I'm simply stating that this was never an issue for me in FSX. Yes yes I know it's not FSX but in a way it doesn't matter since it's based on the core engine. I compare FSX to 4.3 only because that's where I come from. There was nothing in between. Stubborn. Maybe. However I see the results of what I've set and it can't be beat minus those damn DXGI issue and in game settings of P3D does not match the smoothness I've achieved. Which brings me back to my first comment about it being garbage that NVI crashes the sim. It's the same darn GPU.

Edited by garymcginnis

Hi Gary,

Another thought: might be worth checking out your RAM sticks. Remove them all and then try installing one at a time and test. If driver corruption is occurring then this may be where it is happening. Perhaps Prepar3D is using something in the driver not shared by other games. Could be a false trail, but no harm in eliminating this possibility.

Regards,

Mike

11 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Gary,

Another thought: might be worth checking out your RAM sticks. Remove them all and then try installing one at a time and test. If driver corruption is occurring then this may be where it is happening. Perhaps Prepar3D is using something in the driver not shared by other games. Could be a false trail, but no harm in eliminating this possibility.

Regards,

Mike

Mike 

By doing this what exactly am I looking for? I had to replace the mobo once due to a dual/single channel issue. So they've all been reseatted once.

Also reading over that link this is all they say, so not much help:

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed

Edited by garymcginnis