Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

Welp......

Finally was able to fire up the sim after 3 weeks. I tired everything in this topic:

- Disabled NVI

- Rolled back the clock speed

- Clean .cfg

- Both checker registry hacks

- 388.13 (DDU used)

Everything was smooth. I was actually getting ready to eat some crow since the VSYNC 1/2 thru the control panel, along with unlimited frames and VSYNC in game was very very smooth.

I look away for a minute and get another DXGI error. This time the _RESET. The event viewer provides little help. Only of a LIVEKERNELEVENT. I pushed cancel and it still crashed the sim after about a minute of running it with no display.

What can I do? This is bullcrap.

I'm open to all suggestions at this point.

The only thing you did not list is: deleted the shaders. Did you? Always delete your shaders when modifying something in regard of the driver. And of course, make a complete re-start of your computer before trying again. Not just a reboot. Turn it off, wait 10s, turn it on again.

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'm taking this computer over the guy who built it and having him reseed everything and do a bunch of hardware checks. If that or any other suggestions here don't work, look for a craigslist link in a few days 😬

I don't have time to do this anymore if it's going to unstable and unusable. My hobby is to fly (which I have no clue why since I already do it for work but I'm sick I guess) not to troubleshoot.

I'm still open to any suggestions.

33 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

I'm taking this computer over the guy who built it and having him reseed everything and do a bunch of hardware checks. If that or any other suggestions here don't work, look for a craigslist link in a few days 😬

I don't have time to do this anymore if it's going to unstable and unusable. My hobby is to fly (which I have no clue why since I already do it for work but I'm sick I guess) not to troubleshoot.

I'm still open to any suggestions.

Gary I appear to have found the cure. Something that has NOT been mentioned anywhere and Ive been holding off posting my finding until I was sure. I had tried absolutely everything...and I mean EVERYTHING. Got sick of hearing people say try XX driver, switch off NI, don't use FS Labs Spotlights, don't update Windows, do this and do that. I tried 14 plus drivers, tried 4 OS installs including 8.1 and old 1703 build of W10 and no updates plus ancient driver, lowered GPU and CPU clock speeds..EVERYTHING FAILED. Even w default installation on default settings crashed.

On reviewing MSI Afterburner settings I had tried unlocking..failed...tried raising voltage and power settings thinking that would stabilise supply...failed then I noticed if I increased power setting it crashed quicker...ah ha maybe onto something. I reduced it to 90% crashed after awhile..reduced to 80%and can SIM and leave overnight no problems and no crash and no performance loss on 1080ti.

Almost have SIM rebuilt and ordered new yoke and throttles as I had given up on fixing this. I'll be posting my findings soon. Give it a try as nothing to loose

Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

2 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Gary I appear to have found the cure. Something that has NOT been mentioned anywhere and Ive been holding off posting my finding until I was sure. I had tried absolutely everything...and I mean EVERYTHING. Got sick of hearing people say try XX driver, switch off NI, don't use FS Labs Spotlights, don't update Windows, do this and do that. I tried 14 plus drivers, tried 4 OS installs including 8.1 and old 1703 build of W10 and no updates plus ancient driver, lowered GPU and CPU clock speeds..EVERYTHING FAILED. Even w default installation on default settings crashed.

On reviewing MSI Afterburner settings I had tried unlocking..failed...tried raising voltage and power settings thinking that would stabilise supply...failed then I noticed if I increased power setting it crashed quicker...ah ha maybe onto something. I reduced it to 90% crashed after awhile..reduced to 80%and can SIM and leave overnight no problems and no crash and no performance loss on 1080ti.

Almost have SIM rebuilt and ordered new yoke and throttles as I had given up on fixing this. I'll be posting my findings soon. Give it a try as nothing to loose

Chris Ibbotson

What do you mean power setting?

7 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

What do you mean power setting?

On MSI Afterburner you can adjust Core Voltage (mV) and Power Limit (%) as well as Core Clock (MHz) and Memory Clock (MHz).  I am currently using a fully up to date Windows 10, latest nVidia Driver (driver only, didnt install any other element) and simply adjusted Power Limit to 80%.  As soon as I put it to 90 or 100% I get DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crashes

It has seriously helped me as Ive had over 100 crashes in the past few months..couldnt sim at all.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Ok interesting. I'll try that in about a week when I get it back and have time. In the mean time can you confirm this works with other DXGI errors? Like today in had a _RESET.

What GPU and driver version for my reference? Also, is that it or have you tweak the voltage or clock speeds as well?

Thanks

Edited by garymcginnis

12 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

On MSI Afterburner you can adjust Core Voltage (mV) and Power Limit (%) as well as Core Clock (MHz) and Memory Clock (MHz).  I am currently using a fully up to date Windows 10, latest nVidia Driver (driver only, didnt install any other element) and simply adjusted Power Limit to 80%.  As soon as I put it to 90 or 100% I get DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crashes

It has seriously helped me as Ive had over 100 crashes in the past few months..couldnt sim at all.

Chris

Ok interesting. I'll try that in about a week when I get it back and have time. In the mean time can you confirm this works with other DXGI errors? Like today in had a _RESET.

What GPU and driver version for my reference? Also, is that it or have you tweak the voltage or clock speeds as well?

Thanks

44 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

Ok interesting. I'll try that in about a week when I get it back and have time. In the mean time can you confirm this works with other DXGI errors? Like today in had a _RESET.

What GPU and driver version for my reference? Also, is that it or have you tweak the voltage or clock speeds as well?

Thanks

I have zero edits, no tweaks to anything, no TdrLevel or TdrDelay registry edits...nothing.  No change to core or memory speeds either and i7 6700k cpu running at 4.7ghz.  All I did was lower the Power Limit to 80% on the gpu.  It was when the sim crashed almost immediately when I moved it to 115% (think thats the upper limit) that I suddenly started to wonder was that the trigger.  In every test up to now I didnt think to reduce it to below 100%.  Praying now Ive said about it that all stays working.  GPU is a Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080Ti iChill X3 Ultra

Sorry Im using driver 399.24

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

14 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I have zero edits, no tweaks to anything, no TdrLevel or TdrDelay registry edits...nothing.  No change to core or memory speeds either and i7 6700k cpu running at 4.7ghz.  All I did was lower the Power Limit to 80% on the gpu.  It was when the sim crashed almost immediately when I moved it to 115% (think thats the upper limit) that I suddenly started to wonder was that the trigger.  In every test up to now I didnt think to reduce it to below 100%.  Praying now Ive said about it that all stays working.  GPU is a Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080Ti iChill X3 Ultra

Sorry Im using driver 399.24

Chris

That's great. Will try. Thanks

Just spent £200 on new control yoke, throttles and REX Sky Force as sim has run well for the past week, 10 mins into a flight and I am totally gutted as just got device_hung crash.  I knew I shouldnt have posted earlier about it

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson