Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

3 hours ago, comair25 said:

Got the DXGI error today and yesterday with the newest driver. Nothing has changed.

Same here.

6 hours ago, kiek said:

Same here.

10 hours ago, comair25 said:

Got the DXGI error today and yesterday with the newest driver. Nothing has changed.

ive said it before and ill say it again. 

you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever get a US multinational military contractor ever admitting they have an issue that makes their software look like it got design / coding issue, it effects their product image and sales.

Do you honestly think LM are going to say "yeah its a fair cop guvnor, we admit have a conflict with new graphic cards drivers, and to be honest we dont want to devote time and resources to fixing that issue, we'd rather the engineers work on something like the VR to as a USP to sell the product to more high end users such as the military and large training outlets who will buy professional plus licenses and not some simmers trying to lock frames on the academic version to stop a bit of stuttering"

Go onto their forums they do there normal trick of trying to trying to blame the issue (and theres topic upon topic about the the error) on everything else apart from ADMITTING their product has a liable issue, which it does.

You cant even get the MODS on here to make a sticky about non native ai models crashing v4, why because ill wage a bet if they did LM would be onto them like a flash to remove it because it makes their product look liable to criticism, which can effect sales.    You talking about a defence contractor here, in the land of liability admitting they have a buggy software. They wont do it. simple 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, tooting said:

Do you honestly think LM are going to say "yeah its a fair cop guvnor, we admit have a conflict with new graphic cards drivers, and to be honest we dont want to devote time and resources to fixing that issue, we'd rather the engineers work on something like the VR to as a USP to sell the product to more high end users such as the military and large training outlets who will buy professional plus licenses and not some simmers trying to lock frames on the academic version to stop a bit of stuttering"

It has nothing to do with the latest graphics drivers as I got it on an 18 month old driver, fresh OS install of Windows 10, 1703 Build, default installation of P3D 4.3 and default settings. LM refused to even comment on a lengthy post I made, pleading for their support, after months of trying to resolve it. 

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

4 hours ago, tooting said:

you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever get a US multinational military contractor ever admitting they have an issue that makes their software look like it got design / coding issue, it effects their product image and sales

Reality check! Look around you. Just about every commercial outfit has adopted this practice. If only they realised how damaging this is in the eyes of their consumers who battle valiantly to have their voices heard and their complaints actioned. Just because they all do it is no excuse and simply attracts a loss of respect rather than an acceptance that they are being forced into this position by the legal constraints that rarely permit an admission of culpability.

I have no idea whether this particular fault, the subject of this thread, lies at the door of LM. However, what must be certain is that LM must be aware of its existence and doubtless will have pinpointed the cause, or at least have a good idea of its likely origin. Arguably, the failure to share a solution with those affected makes it appear that they are indeed responsible when, in fact, this may not be the case. Unfortunately the pointing of a finger at another Developer can be equally hazardous unless it can be done with an absolute degree of certainty.

Sadly, this is the world we live in these days and it’s unlikely to change. I, for one, would hold any organisation in far greater regard were they a) able to hold their hands up quickly when an issue has been identified, and b) showed a willingness to put things right as soon as is practicable. I’m far more likely to accept the temporary inconvenience and wait patiently for the implementation of a solution.

Mike

On 10/4/2018 at 9:19 AM, CaptKornDog said:

No change on 411.70 for me....still get device removed when using NI frame rate limiter.  Dumped it again.

Giving RivaTuner a try I've read about for frame locking at 48 FPS (1/3 of 144 MHz).

How's it going with Riva?

10 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

It has nothing to do with the latest graphics drivers as I got it on an 18 month old driver, fresh OS install of Windows 10, 1703 Build, default installation of P3D 4.3 and default settings. LM refused to even comment on a lengthy post I made, pleading for their support, after months of trying to resolve it. 

Chris

so how come it only happens with drivers after a certain version ? 

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I carried out hundreds of tests over a 3 month period, tested every single tip or trick listed on every forum.  Tested the following drivers and they ALL crashed P3D...399.07, 398.82, 398.36, 398.11, 397.64, 391.35, 391.24, 391.01, 390.77, 390.65, 388.71, 388.43 and finally a really old 384.76. All installed after using DDU, which made zero difference to results. Cant really go back any further as lose compatibility with my 1080ti.  I also tested 384.76 on a fresh install of 1703 (March 2017) Build of Windows 10 and all drivers and updates immediately blocked..sim still crashed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG...this in itself obliterates any theory its a recent Windows or nVidia Driver issue.  I did a fresh install on Windows 8.1..crash still happened..this destroys any theory its a Windows 10 only issue (also seen one report of a W7 user having it on LM forums). They have a thread dating back 2 years so again well before recent drivers or updates.  I did a fresh install of P3D 4.3..no other addons, ran sim on default settings, default everything..still crashed...this destroys any theory its caused by an addon too.  The fact it occured still on an old OS, old drivers and default sim installation leaves me in no doubt that Prepar3D has major issues with modern hardware.  Its an old engine so perhaps the fault lies there, yes I know its had updates but something fails on so many peoples systems.  The only common element in my tests is the sim itself.  The only thing that has helped me so far is reducing the Power Limit of the gpu to 75% in Afterburner.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

19 hours ago, tooting said:

You cant even get the MODS on here to make a sticky about non native ai models crashing v4, why because ill wage a bet if they did LM would be onto them like a flash to remove it because it makes their product look liable to criticism, which can effect sales.    You talking about a defence contractor here, in the land of liability admitting they have a buggy software. They wont do it. simple 

I have used P3DV4 and all of the other versions of P3D and have yet to get this error.  The problem is your video card overclock or tweaks.  If you do an Internet search for this error you will see it is not just P3D users with this issue but many, many gamers and computer users who do not even know how to spell flight simulation.  Why?  Because people like to tweak, especially gamers.  They don't want to learn the techniques of simulated flying, just tweak and then complain.  How come thousands of other users of P3D, like me, are not having this issue?  I stated at the beginning of this topic that it is the tweaking of your video card that is causing this crash.  Most video cards come with a tweaker for gamers or, if not, they'll get one they heard about from others, like the one from MSI or the one from ASUS.  Just modifying one option on the tweaker will throw this DXGI error.  Not immediately but only when more resources are required during a flight session. 

I think those who are still having a problem with this error need to take a deep breath and reset their Windows 10 and then reinstall everything again (except the video card tweaker).  I have had to do that a couple of times but not because of P3D but with other issues.  Getting crashes like the DXGI error are frustrating especially when there is no one solution to the problem.  But, be aware, there must be a solution as thousands are not getting this error so you should be seeing light at the end of the tunnel as you investigate the what you messed up in your computer system to cause the problem. 

P3D is definitely not buggy and there is no reason to ruin the enjoyment of this hobby because one person has an issue with a US Defense Contractor who allows a team of technical experts to continue the development of an old, old FSX engine.  You can complain and complain but only you can resolve your problem through a thorough examination of your computer system setup.

Please stop mocking AVSIM and the moderating team.  If they had to pin your criticisms of flight simulation and hatred for those who develop things, then the P3D Forum would be starting on the second or third page of these forums.  And that would ruin the enjoyment of this hobby for all.  Not going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FWIW

I have had this error a few times but only when OC’g my TitanXP.

Ive never got the error when removing the OC.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tooting said:

its  probably   as  Jim  has  stated  above  users  spend  so much  time  in tweaking  this  and  o/c their  pc   than  they  are  actually  flying.

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I have used P3DV4 and all of the other versions of P3D and have yet to get this error.  The problem is your video card overclock or tweaks.  If you do an Internet search for this error you will see it is not just P3D users with this issue but many, many gamers and computer users who do not even know how to spell flight simulation.  Why?  Because people like to tweak, especially gamers.  They don't want to learn the techniques of simulated flying, just tweak and then complain.  How come thousands of other users of P3D, like me, are not having this issue?  I stated at the beginning of this topic that it is the tweaking of your video card that is causing this crash.  Most video cards come with a tweaker for gamers or, if not, they'll get one they heard about from others, like the one from MSI or the one from ASUS.  Just modifying one option on the tweaker will throw this DXGI error.  Not immediately but only when more resources are required during a flight session. 

I think those who are still having a problem with this error need to take a deep breath and reset their Windows 10 and then reinstall everything again (except the video card tweaker).  I have had to do that a couple of times but not because of P3D but with other issues.  Getting crashes like the DXGI error are frustrating especially when there is no one solution to the problem.  But, be aware, there must be a solution as thousands are not getting this error so you should be seeing light at the end of the tunnel as you investigate the what you messed up in your computer system to cause the problem. 

P3D is definitely not buggy and there is no reason to ruin the enjoyment of this hobby because one person has an issue with a US Defense Contractor who allows a team of technical experts to continue the development of an old, old FSX engine.  You can complain and complain but only you can resolve your problem through a thorough examination of your computer system setup.

Please stop mocking AVSIM and the moderating team.  If they had to pin your criticisms of flight simulation and hatred for those who develop things, then the P3D Forum would be starting on the second or third page of these forums.  And that would ruin the enjoyment of this hobby for all.  Not going to happen.

The non native ai models ctd and the dxgi error are 2 completely separate errors. 

please download the camsim 787 ai model and try and use it in p3dv4.  it wll ctd, as would a ctd occur using the old verions of uk2000 scenery if you didnt remove the fs9*.bgls and then you have the flytampa products causing CTDs if you dont delete the papi bgls.  why you cant make a sticky about these is beyond me, we get at least topic a week about it. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Its an old engine so perhaps the fault lies there, yes I know its had updates but something fails on so many peoples systems. 

Chris

you cant say that on here, people get all upset because they thinks its some new gold platted coding they have created and are selling, when we all know deep down its that gash near on 20 year old engine.  as ive said a zillion times before... same hooker different dress.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

25 minutes ago, tooting said:

you cant say that on here, people get all upset because they thinks its some new gold platted coding they have created and are selling, when we all know deep down its that gash near on 20 year old engine.  as ive said a zillion times before... same hooker different dress.

Yeah, well since you have copy of the code could I take a look at it?

• Like 1