Dear Members,

since i bought a new p3dV4 rig and monitor, i struggle with some settings. At dawn/ tusk, it seems like banding in the sky and cloud textures occures /increases. The problem is only with p3dv4.1 other games or content looks stunning.

Now looking at colorgradients in the sky looks awful

it seems like the outside textures reduces to a few shades of grey when it gets dark

I tried everything from switching between RGB to 4:4:4 to 4:4:2  8bpc 10bpc 12bpc Full and Limited. I can´t find a combination that looks like it looked in fsx on my old system. The VC is fine and i didn´t notice problems on the ground.

System is:

i7 8700k stock,1080ti stock, Win10 no HDR enabled, 4k LG B7Oled via HDMI.

Software: p3dV4.1, AS2016, ASCA, Orbx, TrackIR, PMDG, Fslabs, Majestic

HDR in P3D is off, DL on

Maybe someone of you had the same problem.

I don´t have pics available on any URL so can´t provide them right now. sorry, would be easier to figure out what i mean.

thanks for any hint.

Kai

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

43 minutes ago, KaitheFly said:

since i bought a new p3dV4 rig and monitor, i struggle with some settings. At dawn/ tusk, it seems like banding in the sky and cloud textures occures /increases. The problem is only with p3dv4.1 other games or content looks stunning.

Don't know about the cloud textures but the dawn/dusk sky banding has been around for years in fsx and now again for years in p3d.

Has anyone ever asked LM if they might fix this one day or are there any third-party fixes?

gb.

Kai,

Something is amiss because an OLED TV should give you far better graduations than you describe.

Find some colour calibration images and see what they look like. It would at least confirm if the problem is with the graphics card / display or just with P3D.

This site has some suitable test images. http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/