Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Live Streaming of "every inch" of Earth Coming Soon

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, KevinMM said:

When you go to the mall, and they have that big map with the arrow that says "You are here."

How do they know?

The same way the companies that sell you something that has "Open Here" instructions on it.  It can't say "Open Someplace Else", or you would never be able to open it.  Advertisers and commercial companies are really smart.  :biggrin:  

Rick Ryan

I don't have to wait to be caught on camera. Google Earth already captured me and Lilly (my avatar) in the driveway going for a walk. Imagery date 3/2/2018.
c7qNt3m.jpg

9 hours ago, Bills511 said:

I don't have to wait to be caught on camera. Google Earth already captured me and Lilly (my avatar) in the driveway going for a walk. Imagery date 3/2/2018.

Several years ago I was "caught" while parking (or unparking?) my 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis out of the alley facing garage here in Hammond, Indiana.  When I saw that my first thought was "Well darn, there goes any nude sunbathing..." :ph34r:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow! Google Earth saved us. Maybe there is some good in it after all. 🙈

🙂

Cheers,

It will be interesting to see how the world's government's will react. There are so many military/government  and non-military/government  secured sites that the "every square inch" scenario is a bit optimistic..........and, don't forget Barbara Streisand's back yard.....

Edited by W2DR
edditted becuase i kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 5/8/2018 at 3:20 PM, n4gix said:

Several years ago I was "caught" while parking (or unparking?) my 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis out of the alley facing garage here in Hammond, Indiana.  When I saw that my first thought was "Well darn, there goes any nude sunbathing..." :ph34r:

Bill - you've got to be careful....

This brought back memories.

Around May/June 1960 I was ashore in Mobile, and I had been invited to a Radio Amateur (Convention ?) in the city by one of the Mobile shore to ship operators. It was a huge gathering - never been to one before.

At this convention I got chatting to a chap in civvies, who I was told later was a 'biggie' in USAF satellite research circles. He actually told me - rather seriously - to 'Keep my bedroom curtains closed'. This was 1960 - and I didn't believe him....

I do now...🌍

Regards

Bill

• Like 1