Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

First impressions

1 hour ago, violingineer said:

I demand 60 fps because this simulator is 35 years old. 

The paradigm for most developers is 30 fps. WHY?  Demand more from products.

Er, yep.

Easy son! or you'll have a stroke.

I'm getting 60 FPS easily off the CJ2 and I'm on the South Coast of England - with EGLL, London, EGKK - one of the Hotspots for FSX/ P3D Frame Killers.

Sort your rig out - you're being greedy.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, violingineer said:

..Has more to do with how many inefficient polygons and unnecessarily adding 3d objects (switches etc) that do nothing on the plane. Which I find unforgivable.

You have no idea what you are talking about. It's because customers always demand a higher visual quality and all the newer Carenado/Alabeo models are PBR ready. That's why e.g. the 421 is more framerate heavy than their older models. 

Edited by J35OE

On 9/21/2018 at 10:11 PM, violingineer said:

Anyhow, I demand 60 fps because this simulator is 35 years old.

If I were you, I would contact Lockheed Martin and ventilate/state your demands. 
Only that way they can do something about your horrific frame rates and lousy experience.
For your convenience: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/index.html

If I need to assist you, by all means let me know...

• Like 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

4 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

If I were you, I would contact Lockheed Martin and ventilate/state your demands. 
Only that way they can do something about your horrific frame rates and lousy experience.
For your convenience: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/index.html

If I need to assist you, by all means let me know...

Good advice I'll add to.

Why not have a moan at Intel and Nvidia while you're at it - for not keeping pace with your 60 FPS sim requirements...

Also for your convenience: 

Email: customersupport@nvidia.com

Email: complain@intel.com

The currect version available at PC Aviator is v1.2.  What issues does this new version address, compared to v1.1, may I ask?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

1.2 has been out since June and that's the changelog.  

- Autopilot model fixed on VC.
- Autopilot trim wheel corrected.
- Instruments reflections corrected.

However there will be a 1.3 patch out very soon, so you may want to wait a few more days.

37 minutes ago, J35OE said:

However there will be a 1.3 patch out very soon, so you may want to wait a few more days.

Do you know what's being implemented in 1.3 J35OE?

AFAIK, a corrected FD logic and FD graphic, plus an improved FDE.

8 hours ago, J35OE said:

Thanks for the info.  I hope PC Aviator is quicker posting the update than they have been with others' products.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

10 hours ago, J35OE said:

However there will be a 1.3 patch out very soon, so you may want to wait a few more days

9 hours ago, J35OE said:

AFAIK, a corrected FD logic and FD graphic, plus an improved FDE.

The Version 1.3 Installer is available at Alabeo now, although I haven't seen any formal announcement from Alabeo as yet.

I down loaded, uninstalled and re-installed. During the install I got some "Invalid File Handle 32" errors. It seems to be pretty benign but was wondering if anyone else gets the errors or knows what they may indicate.

Jesse

Edited by JesC

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

3 minutes ago, newtie said:

Where did you see this on their site?

Saw it on the 421c main page and downloaded from "My Account". Still haven't seen any announcements or a change log.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Hi Folks,

So with the fixes - this one is a good purchase ?

I think Bert mentioned it was a “favorite” ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

So with the fixes - this one is a good purchase ?

I think Bert mentioned it was a “favorite” ?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Well... I am a big fan of the real world 421. Never had the opportunity to fly one but did get to fly (right seat) in the 411 a few times. A great aircraft!! In my opinion the 421 is the ultimate mainstream cabin class twin development.

I own the Alabeo version and enjoy it very much. Typical Alabeo and far from perfect, but very enjoyable until a serious developer decides it is worth doing.  I fly it quite often.

Hope this helps.

Jesse

• Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran

5 hours ago, JesC said:

Typical Alabeo and far from perfect, but very enjoyable until a serious developer decides it is worth doing. 

So, what does far from perfect mean in this case, since e.g. their PA44 turned out very nice and AFAIR is without any (serious) bugs?

• Upvote 2