Sign in to follow this  
redsonssi

pmdg748 News

Hi

When will the new news of pmdg 748 come up?
Can I see the news after the p3d v4.3 update?

Thank you

Youngju Kim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They will post something when they have something to post. As far as I'm aware, it has not gone into beta testing yet, so nothing new for them to post.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

They will post something when they have something to post. As far as I'm aware, it has not gone into beta testing yet, so nothing new for them to post.

Where do you have these info from?
Official last information was that the beta has started the Monday after EXPO.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

i See.
Thank you for answer

Youngju Kim

13 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

Where do you have these info from?
Official last information was that the beta has started the Monday after EXPO.

The latest was on the FSExpo presentation that it should go into Beta on that monday, since then there has been no formal update so we cannot be sure it is actually in beta for all we know they could have met some last minute issue or anything like that seeing how many new stuff there are in the 747-8

There is no point to say thats maybe not or it is in Beta. 😄
The information has been provided by RSR that it will be in beta - from there, the testers will test it. Thats it 😄

I don´t know what kind of new information we would need. We know about the features (coming exclusively with the new -8) and we have seen pictures and videos.
Now let them test and the next info should be something about the release 😄

Posted (edited)

I'm with you Timm, meaning I agree that what you say sounds logical, however on another thread, Dan Downs was very straightforward that it is not yet in beta. I guess he has maybe some access to PMDG:

The question is how much time approximately PMDG's beta testing takes. I would guess 2-3 months but that's an assumption. I would also assume that PMDG has the expertise to provide to beta testers a build that carries years of expertise. I'm try to say or hope that it would be more bug-free than before. But I'm only guessing.

Edited by Daedalus

13 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I'm with you Timm, meaning I agree that's what you say sounds logical, however on another thread, Dan Downs was very straightforward that it is not yet in beta. I guess he has maybe some access to PMDG: 

The question is how much time approximately PMDG's beta testing takes. I would guess 2-3 months but that's an assumption. I would also assume that PMDG has the expertise to provide to beta testers a build that carries years of expertise. I'm try to say or hope that it would be more bug-free than before. But I'm only guessing.

I hope to be released in two to three months.
I hope this summer.

7 hours ago, redsonssi said:

Hi

When will the new news of pmdg 748 come up?
Can I see the news after the p3d v4.3 update?

Thank you

Youngju Kim

You will hear more after P3D 4.3 is out (around the end of June 2018) for complicated reasons that involve but are not limited to Lockheed Martin's NDA, 747-8 beta testing, and preparing preview posts,  finalising manuals and documentation etc. The 747-8 WILL release on v4.3, the release is very close but don't hold your breath. Go outside, enjoy the World Cup. Have a great day!

6 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

for complicated reasons that involve but are not limited to Lockheed Martin's NDA

There really isn't much about a platform NDA that would prevent us from providing updates about one of our own products. If there were some sort of new feature in the platform itself that we were taking advantage of, sure, but it really doesn't affect much else (and those cases are already rare).

8 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

747-8 beta testing, and preparing preview posts,  finalising manuals and documentation etc.

The actual main reasons.

8 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

Go outside, enjoy the World Cup.

Yes!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, captainsazzman said:

You will hear more after P3D 4.3 is out (around the end of June 2018) for complicated reasons that involve but are not limited to Lockheed Martin's NDA, 747-8 beta testing, and preparing preview posts,  finalising manuals and documentation etc. The 747-8 WILL release on v4.3, the release is very close but don't hold your breath. Go outside, enjoy the World Cup. Have a great day! 

Thank you.
Have a nice World Cup season~

Posted (edited)

The actual main reasons.

Thank you PMDG.

Please try hard for 748.

Youngju Kim

Edited by redsonssi

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:
4 hours ago, captainsazzman said:

Go outside, enjoy the World Cup.

Yes!

Kyle? Are you from US or somewhere from Scandinavia? Otherwise I have to apologize in advance for the game on Saturday 😉

18 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

Are you from US or somewhere from Scandinavia?

The States. Family is from Norway and Denmark, which is where the forum name comes from.

I really don't have a solid choice - I just like to watch the game. I only really care about winning when I'm out on the pitch.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2018 at 1:21 AM, xTiMm_ said:

Kyle? Are you from US or somewhere from Scandinavia? Otherwise I have to apologize in advance for the game on Saturday 😉

I'm Swedish, and I have to use a phrase that Americans use - it ain't over until the fat lady sings (on Saturday you can ask if she's fat enough 😂). Last competition Sweden turned 0-4 to 4-4 against Germany 😈

Edited by hasse29

Obviously this thing has a lot of issues and won’t be seen for a while. As RSR said at the expo it’s a year behind schedule. 

That being said I’m finally going to give in and go to xplane with their 8i. 

Michael chandler

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, JA806A said:

Obviously this thing has a lot of issues and won’t be seen for a while. As RSR said at the expo it’s a year behind schedule. 

That being said I’m finally going to give in and go to xplane with their 8i. 

Michael chandler

What are you saying ...

Edited by redsonssi

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, redsonssi said:

What are you saying ...

he  is  trying  to  get  the  x plane  v   other  sim  argument  again

Edited by pete_auau

4 hours ago, JA806A said:

go to xplane with their 8i. 

I think an appropriate expression from back in my "Mike" model TOW days in SE Asia (I was a beta tester)  - "Xin Loi".  🙂

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

I think an appropriate expression from back in my "Mike" model TOW days in SE Asia (I was a beta tester)  - "Xin Loi".  🙂

Excuse you

michael chandler

What I am much more baffled over is the FSFX package for the 747. Its been overdue for very very long. I am beginning to think that they are purposely waiting its release until they have their hands on the 748l... But that's just a theory.

With all that is happening in the simming world, many of the larger producers have gone silent. Taxi2Gate for example used to churn out several great sceneries in a year, now its been over a year for just an update... Guess real world issues got a grip or so.

6 hours ago, windshearDK said:

What I am much more baffled over is the FSFX package for the 747. Its been overdue for very very long. I am beginning to think that they are purposely waiting its release until they have their hands on the 748l... But that's just a theory.

With all that is happening in the simming world, many of the larger producers have gone silent. Taxi2Gate for example used to churn out several great sceneries in a year, now its been over a year for just an update... Guess real world issues got a grip or so.

All companies can spit out several releases every year, but what quality do you think they will have? Those companies has a couple of development teams. If they all finish up a project more or less at the same time, you will feel that making quality products is done fast. But now all develop teams are busy, so now you start to realize how long time quality products takes to produce.

Probably they are waiting for the P3D V4.3 to be released in order to fix any aditional problems that may occur with the new version of P3D or they are working on other projects,and resources are allocated to those projects.But be patient lads.

“Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” 
― Molière

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stefanruss said:

Probably they are waiting for the P3D V4.3 to be released in order to fix any aditional problems that may occur with the new version of P3D or they are working on other projects,and resources are allocated to those projects.But be patient lads.

“Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” 
― Molière

I think the impatience stems from the fact that Robert said it was going into beta a couple of weeks ago but given the silence (no reveal/update topic) and confirmation from some beta testers that it's not in beta I think we can assume there's been a holdup stopping it even getting into beta.

The lack of any PR from PMDG since the Expo is very odd though 🤔 one would have expected a bonanza topic with much more detail of GFO, plus the 748 news.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, squerble said:

I think the impatience stems from the fact that Robert said it was going into beta a couple of weeks ago but given the silence (no reveal/update topic) and confirmation from some beta testers that it's not in beta I think we can assume there's been a holdup stopping it even getting into beta.

The lack of any PR from PMDG since the Expo is very odd though 🤔 one would have expected a bonanza topic with much more detail of GFO, plus the 748 news.

+1