Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

Carenado 182Q released

Just now noticed that Carenado's site is showing the 182Q is available.John

Guest Mesa

Great news! Thanks John

Guest squidie

Their site looks really interesting, although I love their freeware selection.

Guest Trans_601

Great - might have to pick this up!Thanks for the heads up!

Guest dpc

Well, in real world, each of those A/Cs are a bit different. As is so with Carenado's. Picked it up and have been flying around for about 2 hours now. I have all the others and now the 182Q. For 20 bucks, you can't go wrong. Good work Carenado.Dave________________________________________AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

Aw man. I've already had an expensive week--DA/Aerosoft's Cheyenne, the PMDG 747-400F, a couple of FSG meshes. And now this? The wife's gonna kill me. :)I'm hopelessly addicted to the 206, and the 206 is what got me out of the 182RGII...yeah, I'll end up with the 182Q, I'm fairly sure of it.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Lewis "Moose" Gregory

Durham, North Carolina

Guest davidvoogd

$20 seems a bit much when it looks like a lot of the addon is recycled from the 182RG and 206, I'll probably pass on this one. Hopefully Carenado will do a Mooney sometime.

Well, I bought it. The ten-minute review:- Exterior model is fantastic, maybe their best yet (and that's saying something after the 206).- There are two main variants in addition to the usual Carenado pantwheel/no-pantwheel selection. Three paint schemes have two 28-gallon tanks, and the "Coast Guard SAR" paint has two 37.5-gallon tanks.- The panel and gauges are almost verbatim recycled from the 182RG, with a couple of bits from the 206 (the temp/voltmeter/clock for one). The popups and assignments are basically the same as the 182RG/206.- The interior texturing is better than the 182RG. Likewise the VC is improved, with the faster refresh rate of the 206. I didn't look at the panel.cfg, but it can't have more than two Vcockpit sections. Refresh is very smooth and the VC is extremely easy on frames, with everything readable. The gauges have digital readouts when clicked, like the 182RG/206.- The sound, I thought, was the weak spot on the RG, and that's been fixed here. The idle sound is similar but doesn't have the loop in it that the RG does. Lay on the throttle and the engine/prop sounds seem to have considerably more bass to them. The flaps sound is very different with a LOT of bass in it.- I'm no pilot so I can't speak to the accuracy of the FDE, and I only did one pattern with it. But it's very smooth and steady; it doesn't have that pickup-truck-with-no-power-steering feel the 206 does, that's for sure. Basically, it felt about like the RG with the gear down. :)I don't know if it's $20 better than the RG. But, if somebody hadn't bought the 182RG and was going to pick between that and the new 182Q, it's no contest. Get the Q, unless you've got a real fetish for Cessna retractable gear. On its own, it's a good $20 purchase, I think.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Lewis "Moose" Gregory

Durham, North Carolina

Great job by Carenado. The only problem I see is there are no taxi or landing lights from the VC. Anyone else? Isn't there a fix I can do to one of the cfg files to make them work. I forget. I will probably post a new thread on this. Thanks. Nice plane otherwise.

Guest Vilk

cool :-coolfor now i will keep flying their other cessnas though. i will buy this one in a bundle, when they release a 172sp:-)

Naaahhh...what we need is a nicely done C172N or C172P. I'm sure I can't be the only person who flies late '70s or '80s Skyhawks in real life and would like a well done, normally aspirated, 160HP Skyhawk. :-)

I too have the no landing lights problem in the VC.

Al Stiff

I feel your pain.........is there such a thing as "FS Add[on Addiction"? think I will develop an Anti-Add-on" pill and make millions, but know I would sink the profit in new planes and stuff:( ...re the 206, this is sweet!! How do these guys do this stuff?? B42L8

Guest Vilk

only if they model roughness and power antics of a frozen carb :-)