Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aivlasoft EFB v2 - Released

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed EFB V2 on a networked system, so client on a remote PC.

Installation (more or less) went flawlessly (only had to change firewall because of license transfer).
The EFB-server collected all required P3D V4.3 data (scenery, navdata, etc) and created a database.

Then I installed the client on the remote PC and also there no issues.
The interface looks beautifully on a 1080p screen. It is pretty clean and concise.
I like very much the projection of SID/STARS and approach profile window. It is almost a Jeppesen chart.
So far I'm pretty impressed.

Disclaimer: I haven't flown with it yet, will do later today.

Edited by Egbert Drenth
  • Like 2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Navigraph is not working with it yet, so stay with the default that it comes with for now 1802. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Navigraph is not working with it yet, so stay with the default that it comes with for now 1802. 

Thank you for letting me know this.  I did a flight with Av.2 last night and found it to be really helpful and stable, but I was wondering why I couldn't get the new NavData from Navigraph into it.

I hope they fix it soon.

Just now, signmanbob said:

Thank you for letting me know this.  I did a flight with Av.2 last night and found it to be really helpful and stable, but I was wondering why I couldn't get the new NavData from Navigraph into it.

I hope they fix it soon.

I asked on the Navigraph forum when the airac for EFB V2 will be ready, no response so far. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

So is this an acceptable substitute for an expensive Navigraph chart subscription? I quit using charts some time ago since I usually fly STARS and have all the information I need in the FMC. I do keep my ARAC updated.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Yes definitely. I don't need to have updated charts every month and I don't fly online. So Aivlasoft EFB v2 is your answer, and it looks so nice.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Yes definitely. I don't need to have updated charts every month and I don't fly online. So Aivlasoft EFB v2 is your answer, and it looks so nice.

Once Navigraph supports it Aivlasoft EFB v2 will be a great help when flying online too.

• Like 2

Tried to update the Navigraph Airrac many times, and it wouldn't work using the Navigraph update program . Then someone told me to download the manual update, and it worked the first time. 

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

For v1 users, can't you just copy over your v1 NavData folder with the Navigraph data?

Robert

I'm still on the fence about this. What's new compared to v1? What's improved? Why is this better (and worth the upgrade price), when having v1 already?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Anders - there is a 30 day fully functional free demo period - give it a try - it is a seperate install so will not intefere with your current installation

I have only done 3 flights so far so cannot comment on all the changes - however I do like the vertical path tool and the chart presentations.

I have disabled sound notifications

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Let Navigraph FMS data manager scan for Aivlasoft EFB v2 and after it finds it update the airac, after that make sure you run the EFB DB Builder once finished pick the newest airac from the DB Builder.

Edited by Manny Ortiz

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

That did not work last night. Have they updated the EFB2 Airac?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors