Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aivlasoft EFB v2 - Released

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

H's exporting the plan into EFB. I wasn't going to watch a 1h 54m video to check what was going on. There are several programs that can save a plan into the Uplink folder. That is the only interaction that takes place.

Hi Ray,

Did EFB2 ever implement the facility I asked the author for a long time ago (EFBv1 time I think) to automatically load a plan when one is loaded into the Sim, like ASP4 can? If so then the more likely route is the automatic upload into the Sim by ProATC/X when it issues clearance.  (Pilot2ATC also does that).

It might also be that the exports selected in ProATC/X are automatically performed when clearance is obtained, but then I assume you'd need to tell EFB2 to read the one inserted into its folder.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

34 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hi Ray,

Did EFB2 ever implement the facility I asked the author for a long time ago (EFBv1 time I think) to automatically load a plan when one is loaded into the Sim, like ASP4 can? 

Pete

Hi Pete. No, I’m pretty sure that has not been implemented. I don’t know the reason. Dropping a plan into the Uplink folder on the Client was the system Urs decided was best. I don’t know if there were any difficulties in doing it as you describe.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't think the flight plan is automatically loaded into EFB v2, but it is now easily selectable from a list of flight plans. Also, if you created a release document using a different program (Simbrief, FSCaptain, ...), you can put it into the  EFB document folder and look at it with only EFB 2 and the simulator active. 

Peter

• Like 1

Pete,

The flight plan is not automatically loaded into EFBv2 as you suggested to Urs. However, when you load your P3D scenario, then EFB v2 will automatically be aware of all parameters including the airplane flown (provided there is a profile for it, but most current add-ons have one), the airport and the gate location (like in version 1), then when you press FPL automatically EFB v2 will offer you the flight plans available from THAT airport.

Edited by Jean-Claude

@Jean-Claude, I believe that only works for the plan with an .efbr extension. Those can be created in programs like PFPX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I believe that only works for the plan with an .efbr extension. Those can be created in programs like PFPX.

Yes it works with PFPX V2 and Simbrief (in this last case, one must select the proper Aivlasoft V2 path in the FMS downloader).

To verify my statement (I very seldom use PFPX so I did not remember for sure) I created a flight from LEBL to LOWW in PFPX v2, loaded my flight in P3D, started EFB v2 which opened at LSZH as the default airport, and as soon as my flight was on the P3D screen, EFB moved on to my parking position at LEBL with my MD82 selected automatically, and when I pressed FPL, EFB offered my flight plan from PFPX.

Evidently this works flawlessly with Simbrief as well, since this is my usual flight planner.

Edited by Jean-Claude