Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aivlasoft EFB v2 - Released

Does   efbv2   show  your  aircraft   on the  sid  or  stars  plate  as  per  the navigraph  charts  does?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Does   efbv2   show  your  aircraft   on the  sid  or  stars  plate  as  per  the navigraph  charts  does?

Yes.

All those asking questions about what EFB v2 can do should try the 30-day free trial period. You can then answer your own questions. :wink:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I don't use default ATC or any default aircraft  - I'm pretty much an exclusive user of the PMDG FMCs and the F1 650/750 GTN - so these features are of no benefit to me. I was am early adopter of EFB v1 but v2 seems to be heading off in new directions that are less useful unless you use the default ATC and default GTN as i can see it provides a leg up if that is where you are at.

Bruceb

Does anyone here use default anything? I don't really understand your concern.

Most of my flights are MJC Q400, Airbus Pro or CRJ700/900 commercial wise or Piper PA28, Legacy or TDuke with GTN 750 from F1 installed. 

For routings I use Simbrief or pull the route from within the EFB v2 route finder web connection. Using the simbrief downloader the route goes to EFB v2 and any FMC in seconds.

After that EFBv2 monitors everything for me. I can see weather, preferred runways (weather can be pulled directly from web or from Opus, AS etc) based on winds, preferred SID/STAR based on runway in use, wind and routing. 

The moving map works a treat and shows the position perfectly on the app or SID/STAR. It shows the TOD/TOC, it shows AI on the map with various details such as reg, flight number etc. 

IMHO, its the best add-on I have ever purchased for P3D/FSX.

For a while I had the Navigraph charts subscription, and yes, having the real  charts has some minor advantages compared to the EFB 'generated' ones but as far as I am concerned, the value in terms of $$$ and features is a hands down win for EFB v2.

Advice to anyone here. Just do the 30 day trial. I will be amazed if you aren't tempted to buy it after a couple of tries.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Most of my flights are MJC Q400, Airbus Pro or CRJ700/900 commercial wise or Piper PA28, Legacy or TDuke with GTN 750 from F1 installed. 

For routings I use Simbrief or pull the route from within the EFB v2 route finder web connection. Using the simbrief downloader the route goes to EFB v2 and any FMC in seconds.

After that EFBv2 monitors everything for me. I can see weather, preferred runways (weather can be pulled directly from web or from Opus, AS etc) based on winds, preferred SID/STAR based on runway in use, wind and routing. 

The moving map works a treat and shows the position perfectly on the app or SID/STAR. It shows the TOD/TOC, it shows AI on the map with various details such as reg, flight number etc. 

For a while I had the Navigraph charts subscription, and yes, having the real  charts has some minor advantages compared to the EFB 'generated' ones but as far as I am concerned, the value in terms of $$$ and features is a hands down win for EFB v2.

Advice to anyone here. Just do the 30 day trial. I will be amazed if you aren't tempted to buy it after a couple of tries.

I am 100% with you. Been flying in the real world since the late 70's, and simming since the late 80's, and in the month I have used EFB, I have learned more about IFR flying, than any other flight sim add on I have owned. I cancelled my Navigraph charts the day after I got EFB, because I no longer have any use for them, it is all right there on my EFB, and even easier to find that sorting through the Navigraph charts while trying to fly. That saves me around $80 dollars a year, and makes piloting so easy. I also use PF3, and PF3 wants you to fly like they do in the real world, rather than being spoon fed procedures when flying. EFB turns this into a simple procedure. It shows you which Sids and which Stars will give you the best result, and does it with one click of the mouse. You also actually see what the sid and or star looks like before and as you fly it, without having to shuffle through a dozen approach and departure charts and then trying to piece together in your mind how it is all going to look as you fly it . Weather at departure and arrival so you can anticipate which runway you will use, radio frequencies, airport transition levels, runway elevations, runway lengths, ILS frequencies, course settings, it is all right there at a glance. Only thing it doesn't do is show you where to taxi for the $100 hamburgers. 

Ray Proudfoot talked me into trying the EFB when it first was released, and I can't thank him enough, 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Ray Proudfoot talked me into trying the EFB when it first was released, and I can't thank him enough, 

Thanks Bob, that’s nice of you. 👍😎

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Well this all great but how does it add to what you could already do in EFB v1?  What is the killer change that makes you get out the cc again? Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

Well this all great but how does it add to what you could already do in EFB v1?  What is the killer change that makes you get out the cc again? Thanks.

Bruceb

Just download the demo Bruce. You don't have to remove EFB V1, they can run side by side. Only you can decide if it is worth the upgrade.

For me it was.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

There is no killer change. Buying it wont turn you into a super pilot 😀

A comparison would be the GTN 750. didnt change the basics but oh so superior to everything before it..

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

3 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

Bruce,

There were two significant weaknesses with v1.

1) The Ai would eventually disappear as the SimConnect channel became 'blocked'. v2 uses FSUIPC for Ai and this problem is solved.

2) Selecting the STAR in v1 was quite laborious. Firstly you had to select the Arrival and then in a separate window the Approach. v2 does all this in one window and speeds up the process considerably.

v2 also has profiles for each aircraft and will show descent guidance at ToD. You can turn it off if you wish.

Taxi guidance to and from the active runway is a two-click action. Previously the user had to enter the taxiways designators which was time consuming.

Whilst it still does the same thing as v1 the v2 interface is slicker and presents far more info than v1.

You have a 30-day free trial. Why not see for yourself. How many other developers are so generous with their software?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can  think  of  one  fdst   gives  you  trial period  of their  airports, plus  gsx   gives  you  3  airports  for  trial  as well

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

Well, for me it was partly the desire to support the developer, who did a superb job on EFB. I was on the fence, but when I realized that I used EFB on every flight since 2013 or so, and that it never played any tricks on me, I thought it would be worthwhile to buy EFB2 just to show my appreciation. Plus, EFB2 is definitely better overall.

Peter

I am waiting for someone to post " Will someone please try the free demo for me for 30 days and then tell me whether or not I would like it"   😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

8 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

I didn’t buy v1. I had the trial and decided against it. V2 I purchased within hours. 

Its far superior to what I remember about v1.

Edited by GHarrall

Thank you all and I accept that the obvious response is to run the trial.  Unfortunately this does not work for me because whenever I attempt to run the trial the EFB v2 server gives me the error message "..... could not reach any time server on the internet".  There are a couple of threads about this on Aivlasoft's forum and it seems if you have the file AivlaSoft_Efb_V2_0.dlsc in you documents/EFB2/server/license folder (I do) it means that while you are able to connect to the time server through TCP port 13 there is a timeout because the connection is taking too long. Further when I check time and date in the Windows control panel I am connected to an internet time server - time.nist.gov.  The recommended fix is to keep trying!  But after many attempts it just doesn't work for me.  I gather this not an issue with the full version just a means of verifying date/time for the trial - which is just as well.  So there you have it - more than happy to give the trial a go but there is this gotcha. If anyone here has any clues I would be grateful to receive them.  I will also pursue this further on Aivlasoft's forum but not overly hopeful as the only response offered so far to others with the issue is "keep trying to connect".

Bruceb

• Upvote 2

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."