Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

QW787 in 4.3

nope engines on 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Any word from them (don't have Fakebook) on version 1.2 release? 

Eric 

I wish they'd fix the navdata. Heathrow is knackered as is LAX and a host of others too 

14ppkc-6.png

Today, I nearly purchased this simulation, but then researched a little.

Seemingly, my P3dv4.17 is not compatible with the QW 787. So I have downloaded the 4.3 upgrade...Not yet installed. Researched a bit on P3dv4.3......:ohmy:

Then I read about problems with the P3dv4.3 upgrade? Load hangs, lower FPS, scenery load/unload changes and blurries? :ohmy:

Then I read on F1 QW forums (general),  that its got more of its fair share of bugs and in fact, sounds like a "beta" release. Errors in VNav, SIDs, STARS, Navdata, LNav not coping with turns if your over 160 Kts, rocket climbs and fallible vertical descents, CTDs...etc...etc...

I would have thought that after releasing it first in FSX (I have no idea why? A 32 bit old program with no development and Oom's) the bugs would have been eradicated ready for the P3dv4 release?

My decision not to buy at this stage seems sound. A new aircraft sim with bugs? Even if it does appear new, gorgeous and cutting edge? The P3dv4.1 I have installed is flawless. So why "upgrade" to 4.3 and risk headaches?

Perhaps better to await 787 final bug eradication and perhaps a new version of P3d..V5?

No wonder Flight Simulation is a niche market. Things like these don't help to enhance the hobby?

Just my two penneth.

Regards

David

Edited by charlie130
clarity

52 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

Today, I nearly purchased this simulation, but then researched a little.

Seemingly, my P3dv4.17 is not compatible with the QW 787. So I have downloaded the 4.3 upgrade...Not yet installed. Researched a bit on P3dv4.3......:ohmy:

Then I read about problems with the P3dv4.3 upgrade? Load hangs, lower FPS, scenery load/unload changes and blurries? :ohmy:

Then I read on F1 QW forums (general),  that its got more of its fair share of bugs and in fact, sounds like a "beta" release. Errors in VNav, SIDs, STARS, Navdata, LNav not coping with turns if your over 160 Kts, rocket climbs and fallible vertical descents, CTDs...etc...etc...

I would have thought that after releasing it first in FSX (I have no idea why? A 32 bit old program with no development and Oom's) the bugs would have been eradicated ready for the P3dv4 release?

My decision not to buy at this stage seems sound. A new aircraft sim with bugs? Even if it does appear new, gorgeous and cutting edge? The P3dv4.1 I have installed is flawless. So why "upgrade" to 4.3 and risk headaches?

Perhaps better to await 787 final bug eradication and perhaps a new version of P3d..V5?

No wonder Flight Simulation is a niche market. Things like these don't help to enhance the hobby?

Just my two penneth.

Regards

David

I agree, except for the v4.3 update. The issues that may arise are manageable and the benefits look interesting.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I wouldn't buy the 787 right now, but I'd definitely upgrade to 4.3 The fix for the SimConnect window bug is essential.

The Navdata issues are coding issues by Navigraph in the database. We report them when we encounter them or when our users encounter them to them for fixing. They are aware of the more pressing issues such as the Approach Transitions at EGLL for example.

The rocket takeoff issue is flat out user error from doing Max Thrust takeoffs and CLB when the airplane is light. 95% of the time, assumed temp and often even with 10 or 20 percent derate on top. The 787 like any airplane has it's own technique. Take Off Power wise is managed almost 757 like on the airplane, with large assumed temperature derates. With Max only being required at High and Hot fields like Mexico City or Bogota for example when loaded up to cross the pond.

The 787 is an incredibly powerful airplane, just watch what it does at airshows and it will do amazing things. 

Regarding other issues we are aware of them and have been working on addressing them.

Keep in mind the 787 has a no questions asked 30 day refund you literally have nothing to lose.

For 1.2, we've added quite a few features many based on customer feedback such as EFB exact weight/fuel entry via a number keypad, Descent Wind Forecast Page w/ Transition Level, Upgraded the IAN functionality to include VOR/NDB approaches as well as associated approach info on the PFD. So that's just a taste of the things added. We've also reworked LNAV and fixed quite a few issues.

19 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Nope, nothing new from "Quality"wings.

We are working around the clock on the 1.2 update as much as we can and as often as we can. We don't do QW full time. all of us have full time careers outside QW.

That said delivering the 1.2 update is our highest priority at the moment, followed by releasing the 146 for v4.

It's coming soon.

And don't be such a hater. We get it, you don't like our product. And that's fine, but at least be an adult about it.

Edited by American 833 Heavy
  • Like 4

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

3 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Do you really believe this?  Errors in the VNAV, SIDS, STARS?  Doesn't that occur with many of the addon aircraft? How do you know the real aircraft does not do the same thing (making STAR turns at over 160 kts? Didn't you read earlier in this forum where no one has a problem?  I didn't add my comments but the QW787 is my favorite right now.  Now, if I were a real pilot (and I'm not) and want the thing to work exactly like the real thing (and I don't), then I might be upset.  But, if that's what you are looking for, perfection, no issues whatsoever, like the real thing, then I would stay away from it forever as it will never come to those standards.  Heck, not even the PMDG aircraft come to those standards!  I suspect, because of the price, some look for total perfection as if the price were $900 million.  But, again, not even the PMDG aircraft come to those standards.  The QW 787 does a very good job at 'simulating the real thing'.  Check out some YouTube Videos and some tutorials and see how much it is hated there with all of the bugs mentioned. There is simply too much on this aircraft for me to be concerned with some, IMHO, minor issues.

Since you can purchase the aircraft at Flight1, can't you get a refund after 30 days if not satisfied? 

Right now I'm trying to take a deep breath and erase everything I said above but I can't.  The aircraft is just too nice and does not deserve the negative comments w/o a response. 

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I agree, except for the v4.3 update. The issues that may arise are manageable and the benefits look interesting.

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I wouldn't buy the 787 right now, but I'd definitely upgrade to 4.3 The fix for the SimConnect window bug is essential.

Thank you gentlemen and American 833 Heavy.

I have the Client and Content/cab files downloaded, so a few clicks away from install. But my 4.1 is perfect for my requirements right now. 

I recently watched a You Tube video with a 787 running on P3dv4.1. I am tempted to try the 787 on my 4.1......I am lazy I guess, or just don't like giving myself headaches?

So it's decision time?

Regards

David

Edit. OK Jim, copy the refund on F1 downloads! Like I said, I was all set to buy this sim this morning but needing 4.3 placed an extra load on my tiny CPU in my tiny brain!

Edited by charlie130
Clarity

40 minutes ago, American 833 Heavy said:

The Navdata issues are coding issues by Navigraph in the database. We report them when we encounter them or when our users encounter them to them for fixing. They are aware of the more pressing issues such as the Approach Transitions at EGLL for example.

The rocket takeoff issue is flat out user error from doing Max Thrust takeoffs and CLB when the airplane is light. 95% of the time, assumed temp and often even with 10 or 20 percent derate on top. The 787 like any airplane has it's own technique. Take Off Power wise is managed almost 757 like on the airplane, with large assumed temperature derates. With Max only being required at High and Hot fields like Mexico City or Bogota for example when loaded up to cross the pond.

The 787 is an incredibly powerful airplane, just watch what it does at airshows and it will do amazing things. 

Regarding other issues we are aware of them and have been working on addressing them.

Keep in mind the 787 has a no questions asked 30 day refund you literally have nothing to lose.

For 1.2, we've added quite a few features many based on customer feedback such as EFB exact weight/fuel entry via a number keypad, Descent Wind Forecast Page w/ Transition Level, Upgraded the IAN functionality to include VOR/NDB approaches as well as associated approach info on the PFD. So that's just a taste of the things added. We've also reworked LNAV and fixed quite a few issues.

We are working around the clock on the 1.2 update as much as we can and as often as we can. We don't do QW full time. all of us have full time careers outside QW.

That said delivering the 1.2 update is our highest priority at the moment, followed by releasing the 146 for v4.

It's coming soon.

And don't be such a hater. We get it, you don't like our product. And that's fine, but at least be an adult about it.

Very good news about what's coming. Once 1.2 is released I will definitely purchase. Thanks for the update. 

Eric 

44 minutes ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Hey now, I may be rude and childish, but if I was a true hater I would've asked for a refund. I didn't, and I'm looking forward to the update.

• Like 1

The QW 787 is one of my favorite planes to fly.  I love discovering the features unique to the 787 that most simmers probably don't even know are there...much less use.

One of the best "hidden" features, especially if you fly on VATSIM and you wish there was a faster, more efficient way to switch frequencies when you're at a big event.

Say there is clearance, ground, tower, departure, center, etc. ,

You can store up to 8 freqs and recall and set them as your transmitting freq with 2 clicks!

First you click the Next Page button to get to the Store page.  Then just pop in your freqs in the proper sequence you'll be recalling them.  Then hit the Prev Page button to return to the normal Active/Stby screen.

jm0lAR.jpg

Then when you need to get the the stored freqs, just hit the up arrow on the STBY switch and it'll drop the next freq on your standby side, ready to switch in an instant with the XFR switch.  (The little blue STBY - 2/8 shows you you're displaying stored freq 2 of 8...nifty)

Could not be easier and no more fumbling with a pair of tuning knobs while you're trying to fly the plane. 😉

LMBuuz.jpg

There are so many more little gems on this plane that I seem to find one just about every time I fly her.

Get your P3d up to V4, then get this great plane and go find cool stuff on her!  Like Jim mentioned, you have 30 days to play with it, get it tweaked on your system, and realize that you should have bought it a while ago, hehe.

By the way...when you here "OK starting one and two"....that is the QW CEO and President as your First Officer. 🙂

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

I was all set to buy this sim this morning but needing 4.3 placed an extra load on my tiny CPU in my tiny brain!

I doubt you will see 4.3 taking up any more resources.  I thought 4.1 was buggy as heck and was glad when they updated. But, you paid for 4.0 and I would take all the updates I can before they release the 5.0 version. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'll agree 4.1 was not very good. I love 4.3 for me it's the best yet (once you tweaked the bugger) 

That said I also enjoy the 787 but the transition issue is awful. That's my only gripe, fix that it's a winner. 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png