Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

New York Scenery & KJFK

Guest kokosbolle

Hey.I want scenery for New York, wich product on the market is best? I also badly want KJKF.Please help :)

There's the Aerosoft "Scenery Manhattan" package which is very nice. There is a freeware LGA scenery in the library by S. Ansari, and ImagineSim released a payware KEWR recently which in my opinion is excellent despite a lot of people getting low framerates with it.As for KJFK, Simflyers is the only version I know of, and it is very dated and really is bad on performance.Hope this helps.

With everything stock NYC area is already on the edge of flyable or not for me. (AMD64 3200+ & 7800GT). For those who have all these addons and still can enjoy NYC, lucky you.I avoid flying to that area. It's really a shame especially that I live nearby.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Throw Ultimate Terrain at that screenshot and select dusk. Better! :)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>There's the Aerosoft "Scenery Manhattan" package which is>very nice. There is a freeware LGA scenery in the library by>S. Ansari, and ImagineSim released a payware KEWR recently>which in my opinion is excellent despite a lot of people>getting low framerates with it.>>As for KJFK, Simflyers is the only version I know of, and it>is very dated and really is bad on performance.>>Hope this helps.There is a relatively frame rate friendly freeware version of KJFK in the library by William Morgan. Has pretty accurate gates and jetways. A good alternative to Simflyers!Note: Anywhere you fly around the NY area you are going to have issues, either with frame rate or blurry textures, especially around KEWR and when you add other 3rd party sceneries.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

:)I just made a post about the mistake of not getting Ultimate Terrain. I had just bought FS Roads and soon after they came up with Ultimate Terrain, I was mad....so I didn't bother.Oh well.. I am waiting for FSX. If Ultimate Terrain improves on it. I'll get it then.:)BTW.. for the same reason I don't have Ground Pro. :( I know its discounted an all..But the bother of uninstalling/installing etc is an overhead too. I have multiple PCs that I have to deal with. I mean..you intall a product and then you tweak it and spend time on it to make it all work..and then an upgrade. There is a cost of the overhead time that you spend. Marginal increament is fine... but its a factor in decision making and adds to the cost of managing addons. But I think Ultimate Terrain was an improvement. My bad luck was that I got the roads just 2 or 3 weeks prior to UT was announced.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You know what I find interesting with Aerosoft Manhattan scenery? While other areas surrounding Manhattan will blur out at times, especially on the New Jersey side, I have never even for a second, scene the textures from the Manhattan scenery blur, even at a distance! I wonder how they accomplished that, and if it could be applied to other scenery like UTUSA to prevent blurries?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Also consider MegaScenery NE. It covers a significant portion of New York, New Jersey and all of Long Island.www.megascenery.com

...and FSGenesis for that part of the world to ensure your terrain heights are accurate and detailed (along with Ultimate Terrain).Makes the sim world seem a lot more alive and natural. Default scenery is way too smoothed (low res).

What water is that in the screenie?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Its the default water.. With the water slider turned off all the way to the left.:)I prefer this to any water addons.I can't stand that light blue fake water texture in FS9 (when the water effect slider is turned on to the left).

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest stan5925

I notice that the same company that sells the Megascenery also sells a product called "O & O Defragmenter". It claims that Megascenery and textures would load 170% faster because of the way it defragments the files.I am a Megascenery owner of New York and Southern California. If this product does what it claims, it could be beneficial for ALL TEXTURE LOADS within FS. Does anyone have this defragmenter, and does it do what they claim it does? Stan

Guest PPSFA

I hate to be the one to point this out, but there aint no 'blue' water around NY, the East and Hudson rivers are as brown as you can get :-)

>I notice that the same company that sells the Megascenery>also sells a product called "O & O Defragmenter". It claims>that Megascenery and textures would load 170% faster because>of the way it defragments the files.>I am a Megascenery owner of New York and Southern California.>If this product does what it claims, it could be beneficial>for ALL TEXTURE LOADS within FS. >Does anyone have this defragmenter, and does it do what they>claim it does?>> StanO&O is arguably one of the best so you can't go wrong if you aren't using any except the XP bundled version. Diskeeper is the other winner (and is actually the full version of the defragger that's bundled with XP).The Megascenery devs are also working on a new defragmenter that they're offering as a free beta test - it claims an even better algorithm. I'd stay away from that-- some horror stories in the forums-- some good stories too. I believe it's called DiskTrix.No matter what you're going to use be sure to use at least one of the aforementioned (Diskeeper, O&O, or XP Defrag).