Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Orbx Scenery Question

I recently bought ORBX KSAN for v4.3.  I had LatinVFR running but thought Orbx was a little more up to date.  I couldn't find LatinVFR in Add or Remove and there wasn't an uninstaller.  I installed Orbx through FTX but couldn't remove LatinVFR in the sim.  It was greyed out.  So my question is, how do I know if Orbx or Latin is installed and if Latin, how do I remove it successfully?  In the scenery library in the sim, Latin Lib (where I assume KSAN sits) is above latin SAN.  I just want to make sure only Orbx is running.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

My KSAN installer (LatinVFR_KSAN_P3Dv4_1.2.exe) uses the add-on.xml method. It also named it Key West in the list as you can see.
You can delete the C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\LatinVFR San Diego P3Dv4 folder this will remove the entry  and also the C:\...\LatinVFR\San Diego_KSAN doc, scenery, and the texture folder.

From the manual:
4- How do you uninstall?
You will have to first remove the scenery from the scenery library, and then go to FS/addon Scenery/LatinVFR/ and delete the San Diego folders.

DglBTX4.png

Edited by Bills511

Thanks.  Dumb question but is your suggestion to do either or? Or both?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

11 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Thanks.  Dumb question but is your suggestion to do either or? Or both?

The manual instructions look out of date so I would the suggest delete the C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\LatinVFR San Diego P3Dv4 folder this will remove the entry  and also the C:\...\LatinVFR\San Diego_KSAN doc, scenery, and the texture folder.

10 hours ago, Bills511 said:

My KSAN installer (LatinVFR_KSAN_P3Dv4_1.2.exe) uses the add-on.xml method. It also named it Key West in the list as you can see.
You can delete the C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\LatinVFR San Diego P3Dv4 folder this will remove the entry  and also the C:\...\LatinVFR\San Diego_KSAN doc, scenery, and the texture folder.

From the manual:
4- How do you uninstall?
You will have to first remove the scenery from the scenery library, and then go to FS/addon Scenery/LatinVFR/ and delete the San Diego folders.

DglBTX4.png

Off the topic - but I worked at the FedEx Indy hub for 12 years.  What is the KIND 2018 Indianapolis International scenery that you are using?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Talking of ORBX Sceneries, if space on the default P3D drive is running low, can ORBX sceneries be installed on a different drive but added to P5D's Addon Scenery Library?

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

Off the topic - but I worked at the FedEx Indy hub for 12 years.  What is the KIND 2018 Indianapolis International scenery that you are using?

That's my project. I completely redid the afcad for 1992 and current using some objects from BluePrint Simulations mainly the buildings. BPS did KIND scenery back in 2008 that included the old terminal, my 1992 rendition based off of google earth image from '92.  And the newer midfield terminal.

Nice - I worked there from 1993 - 2005 and have not been back since to see the changes.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hey guys... I bought and installed ORBX KSAN and deleted LatinVFR SAN via the tips above.  However, I get CTD's now around KSAN.  Last night I flew SFO-SAN and got a CTD on the arrival and I tired to do the reverse flight tonight and got a CTD when turning onto 27 at ksan.  I run ORBX LC north America but not vector.  I was doing both flights on Pilotedge and for what its worth every time I have tried to fly into KSNA,  I get a CTD.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what could be the problem?  I have a high end set up so my hw shouldn't be a problem.  

I am using the latest version of P3d

I had to remove ORBX KSAN as well a while back and went back to the LatinVFR version.  Maybe wait until the new version of ORBX KSAN comes out which should be very close.  To be fair, I am not sure if the CTD problem is strictly related to KSAN.  I have gotten this CTD several times in that area without having it installed but I do have ORBX FTXG/Vector/OpenLC.  I think there is something else going on in that area but it did seem to happen more often with ORBX KSAN installed.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I had to remove ORBX KSAN as well a while back and went back to the LatinVFR version.  Maybe wait until the new version of ORBX KSAN comes out which should be very close.  To be fair, I am not sure if the CTD problem is strictly related to KSAN.  I have gotten this CTD several times in that area without having it installed but I do have ORBX FTXG/Vector/OpenLC.  I think there is something else going on in that area but it did seem to happen more often with ORBX KSAN installed.

Good to know.  I was under the impression that the ORBX KSAN out now was the new version. 

The announcement thread on ORBX's site about the new version of KSAN coming soon has seem to have disappeared, I went back to read it again a few days ago (Release Announcements Section) and couldn't find it.  So it may not be as close to release as originally thought. 

Regardless, I haven't had any crash to desktops in this region and I've had NA / So Cal / Vector / KSAN all running at the same time (however as of late, I've uninstalled Vector as I've found, for me anyhow, it had the single biggest detrimental effect on framerates- when I beef up my system I'll definitely be re-installing it).

Mark

I’m finding Orbx KSAN, has terrible performance with Dynamic Lighting enabled if you are taxiing around the terminal / apron  area at night. Ok when on the runway but as soon as you go in to the area where there’s lighting I’m getting stutters.