Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

A2A Bonanza in the A2A Store

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Beautiful bird inside and out. I'm torn by how unstable this bird is on take off roll. Maybe with practice I will get better.

No issues with fps. I just had to switch AA settings.

I owned a V35 for 10 years and it is a lot of things but unstable is not one of them. 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I'm also really disappointed with the FPS in this bird.  It's beautiful but something is eating 15 FPS compared to other GA aircraft recently released.

Just now, gregda said:

I'm also really disappointed with the FPS in this bird.  It's beautiful but something is eating 15 FPS compared to other GA aircraft recently released.

Yeah. If you start with 4xMSAA, then a few minutes later switch to 4xSSAA fps will stay high. Weird.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

I owned a V35 for 10 years and it is a lot of things but unstable is not one of them. 🙂

Awesome! I had to adjust my controllers. All good now. How I wish you lived near KBKV. Congrats!

I'm loving this airplane.  What I pleasure to fly.  A2A has done an awesome job, as always, way beyond expectations.

• Like 1

I just love the sounds you hear right after the gear is down & locked! It's an absolute gem!

• Like 1

I just love the sounds!  🙂  Scott really outdid himself this time.

Greg

7 hours ago, gregda said:

Thats a bit scary, as FPS are the most important thing to me, and the other a2a planes are really good in this regard. Is it the gps or other systems that can be turned off? (I find the commanche is a little smoother in the no-gps config, and almost all glass cockpit aircraft are suboptimal).

About to go and download it now at any rate - any a2a GA plane is a day 1 buy in my book, they and pmdg are the only two publishers where i never regret my purchase.

Will be interesting to see how it performs with no gps/careful AA choices/good graphics card in VR.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

Awesome! I had to adjust my controllers.

DJ,

I'm struggling with her on take off also.  What did you adjust?

32 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

DJ,

I didn't adjust anything, but she's more unstable than what you're likely used to in P3D - more like an X-plane flight model. You'll need some fine work on the rudder pedals to get her off the ground in good form.

The Bonanza is marketed by A2A as having an "unforgiving flight model". That's pretty much true I'd say - I've managed to auger in once already whilst flight testing this aircraft - too close to the deck, too slow and too much rudder. Unlike a lot of other P3D models that you can always get back under control, this V-tail can get away from you pretty quick if you don't respect her.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, lownslo said:

I just love the sounds!  🙂  Scott really outdid himself this time.

Greg

I'm playing the plane/engine sounds over a 5.1 AV receiver with subwoofer - beatiful noises!

I thought it might also be worth mentioning the performance of this aircraft, as I was worried about the concerns of others above pre-purchase.

As I've now got an hour or two of flight time, I've got to say that the news is good - this plane performs beautifully! It is - maybe- a fraction slower than the Comanche on frames, but is it smooth on my rig. I'm flying with the Flight1 GTN as well, and that is proving to be just fine. In VR, it's holding 45FPS well, without the stutters that I see from so many other aircraft.

Panel is nice and clear in VR, without the awful shimmers you see from some other planes (including the A2A Connie, which I finally got around to flying last week). Cockpit geometry is not quite right - head is touching the left side window, so I need to move my eyepoint - but apart from that, and the fact that the plane wants to kill me, I have no complaints.

Well done A2A, you've made us another masterpiece! 

• Like 1

Oz

12 hours ago, gregda said:

I'm not having any problems with FPS. I'm staying at over 30 about all the time. 

I'm also using the F1 GTN750.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - must agree with the touchy flight model critique - but it’s how A2A normally makes them - brought up the same on their Skylane - in a cross wind - lol - it’s a death trap on takeoff and landing - and I kind of know what I’m supposed to be doing... Flying real aircraft is much easier and the aircraft are far more stable...

Couple minor quirks - tool tips on the mags are backward - also when cutting the throttle the external engine sound vanishes completely even though the engine is still running when switching to interior view...

I wish they would make their aircraft a tad more stable - therefore more realistic... She’s a pretty bird and sounds great... FPS seems fine on my 2700K @ 4.7...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

DJ,

Hi Dean. I had to center controllers and lower the sensitivity a bit. Do try to lift off at the proper airspeed. It's a challenge to take off on this plane.

Are you rotating around 97kts?  Seems mighty fast compared to Cessna's.  Guessing it's a requirement for a V-Tail.

Cheers.