Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

12 minutes ago, seahawks said:

No FSX is still alive, and MD11 is no longer for FSX, (where is it available? Thank you for the info) before writing anything, think.

I would say he actually did think. Developers move away from FSX, many scenery developers and more and more airplane and tools devs have dropped development and even support for FSX. Just because a program somehow works doesn't necessarily mean it's actively supported hence alive. There are a few developers still working for and with FSX but I personally expect them to follow very soon, probably this year. FSX was released for Win XP and as you know it therefore has its limitations. DirectX9, 32bit and so on. Prepar3d has evolved that much that it has become a completely new simulator compared to FSX. It may look similar and the folders may look familiar, but it isn't. It becomes quite expensive for devs to work on both platforms and release in fact outdated technology that they then have to support. Sure, as long as FSX runs its addons will run too. But don't expect any developers take care for FSX in the future. It's simply unrealistic to think that there is any money left. Selling products doesn't mean there is a 100% profit. Time was needed, people had to be paid and so on. PMDG now has announced too that they will drop FSX completely and will make the actual P3D version mandatory. Move on or be left behind. But don't complain then and all above: don't insult.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

But don't complain then and all above: don't insult.

Even if you're right, where did you see an insult? It's anything!

thank you, and goodbye

:cool:

PS:

Ephedrine It has also been used for asthma, narcolepsy, and obesity,  Common side effects include trouble sleeping, anxiety, headache, hallucinations

:biggrin:

Telling s.o. to think first just because he has another opinion is an insult. It doesn‘t necessarily need any swearwords for that.

Ephedrine is mainly used against heavy asthma, correct. It‘s been an „insider“ joke back when I was playing COD with some other guys... one of them had asthma and I was usually that guy who gave him headshots protecting the bomb... so they called me ephedrine. XD

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 2:46 PM, seahawks said:

No FSX is still alive,...

<sigh/> That's what they used to say about FS2004. Next he will say that FSX is not dead, it is just just pining.

FSX is not pining...

It's passed on! This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet it's maker! This is a late parrot.

It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it'd be pushing up the daisies!

Its run down the curtain and joined the choir invisibile!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

(With all respect and rights to Monty Python...)

Ok, I will add MD-11 for P3D4.4+ please. :)   I'm sure PMDG are tired of hearing that.

I often wonder how well it sold.  Even by then (2007-08) it was already largely a niche aircraft -- primarily cargo already by then.  It's nice for us cargo junkies, but I can easily see how something like the 737 would far outsell the MD-11. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

Ok, I will add MD-11 for P3D4.4+ please. 🙂  I'm sure PMDG are tired of hearing that.

I often wonder how well it sold.  Even by then (2007-08) it was already largely a niche aircraft -- primarily cargo already by then.  It's nice for us cargo junkies, but I can easily see how something like the 737 would far outsell the MD-11. 

Haha the MD11 will never die, at least im this forum xD I think it was done (for FS) at a time when there wasn‘t much infrastructure. The technique was too young. No good weather, no good graphics, no FS2Crew, no good airac support, no EFBs, no PMDG GFO around the corner, much smaller customer base, almost no addon airports, no good performance calculation and all that stuff that makes a 747 or a „boring“ 777 or Airbus a great addon. I am sure if a developer of the high standard of PMDG made an MD11 today it would sell a LOT better than then. But I think there are further reasons behind PMDG‘s decision than little sale expectations. We won‘t get one from them... 

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

But I think there are further reasons behind PMDG‘s decision than little sale expectations. We won‘t get one from them... 

I have been around awhile and I think I have a pretty good handle on at least one possible reason, but it doesn't matter anyway at this point.

Now this SkySim MD-11 -- I'm willing to give it a chance to improve itself over time.  I really want it to be better, and there's always a possibility that it might get there eventually.  I have one set of expectations for that type of add-on, and it's not the same set of expectations I would have when flying the PMDG 777, for example -- so I could do with the ISG gauge set in that MD-11 if I had no other alternative.  I have to get my tri-holer fix any way I can.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

In my opinion, we should get the NG3 especially, and that´s the most important for me, scimitar winglets, then, the ability to paint both winglets, even the connection part between winglet and wing itself seperately and hopefully also the MAX. An update for the normal 737 in general would be nice as well. Having a newer looking cockpit would be great. Starts to look odd with all the scratches. 

Daniel Reber

On 1/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, Ephedrin said:

imagine a 747-quality MD-11 taxiing onto the runway,

I understand... But personally I would prefer that PMDG focus on the current and future aircraft, simply because the most modern jets are not entirely covered. I had hoped that PMDG would do the 787... But given Roberts praise of Qwings' job, I think this will never become a reality unfortunately.

the MAX and NGv3 will be great! And perhaps we'll see a 777 V2 when the 777-8/9 goes into service...

• Upvote 2

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 minute ago, windshearDK said:

I understand... But personally I would prefer that PMDG focus on the current and future aircraft, simply because the most modern jets are not entirely covered. I had hoped that PMDG would do the 787... But given Roberts praise of Qwings' job, I think this will never become a reality unfortunately.

the MAX and NGv3 will be great! And perhaps we'll see a 777 V2 when the 777-8/9 goes into service...

whatever modern jet they'll do... they will need to figure those "legal and technical" issues out that prevents FS2Crew to use the ECL. There was such a hype around FS2Crew when they released the 744 that it's a shame that this couldn't be worked out between the two of them. And those future aircraft will most likely not use paper checklists anymore. The 737 MAX will likely be the last.

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

whatever modern jet they'll do... they will need to figure those "legal and technical" issues out that prevents FS2Crew to use the ECL. There was such a hype around FS2Crew when they released the 744 that it's a shame that this couldn't be worked out between the two of them. And those future aircraft will most likely not use paper checklists anymore. The 737 MAX will likely be the last.

Must be to protect their ingenuity behind the checklists

Edited by windshearDK

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I just got another idea.

What if PMDG did a poll about which a/C to make (on avsim for ex)? They could get to know our wishes... far better than a google form imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

I just got another idea.

What if PMDG did a poll about which a/C to make (on avsim for ex)? They could get to know our wishes... far better than a google form imo

Problem is there's more people who use these planes than just the people on the forums here.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

21 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

I think that's a great idea, but I don't think that's how PMDG roll

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I would vote for the MD-11 too. (such a shame there is no good alternative available for P3Dv4.x)

Jasper Koelewijn

Current sims: DCS, P3Dv4, P3Dv5, MSFS
- Game pc: Intel I9 11900KF, Nvidia RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, 4x SSD, 1100W power supply, 2 x 40'' 4K monitor
- Stream pc: Intel I7 4790K, Nvidia 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, 2x SSD, 850W power supply, 2x 27'' monitor
- Other: Track-IR, Thrustmaster Wartog HOTAS, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Saitek X-55, HP Reverb G2.